Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,983 members, 7,873,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:01 AM

Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ (67604 Views)

Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] / Matrimony Of Secrets / Lethal Matrimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by horwa140: 1:03am On Jul 19, 2018
Hope. No p our dear writer

1 Like

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by dupsai(f): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2018
Gianaaaaa darling, hope you are good.

1 Like

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
Hello everyone
I'm back from my unplanned vacation......

4 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Ann2012(f): 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
Giannaaaaaa:
Hello everyone
I'm back from my unplanned vacation......

Yippee, welcome back dear

Oya drop it like it's hot!!!
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2018

"I know my brother has offended you but you have to give him a chance. You have to  forgive him Aunt Dara" Olanna said.

Dara hardened her heart "Olanna you don't understand, I won't expect you to.  So please don't try to get involved with whatever that's going on between your brother and I" Dara said.

Her attention returned to the pumpkin leaves in her hand.

"He never cheated on you,  Jenifer was a mistake Dara.  It's you he loves" Olanna said.

Dara chuckled harshly before turning to Olanna.  "Jenifer was never a mistake,  your brother loved Jenifer.  He loved her so much that he slept with the night before our wedding, the night before our wedding! Did you know that he was actually planning to ditch me the night our wedding, to run off with Jenifer? Did you know that your brother would never have married me if my brother didn't threaten him? He would have left me, after everything I... everything I did for him" Dara said painfully.

Olanna sighed unable to say anything in defense of her brother. 

"Do you know how that feels? Knowing that your brother never actually wanted to marry me?" Dara asked rhetorically.

"My brother made foolish decisions in the past but he's changed now.  He's miserable,  you don't look well either.  I know you love my brother despite his faults, forgive him" Olanna begged.

"The truth is I don't know what I feel for your brother anymore. He's hurt me,  his lies,  his secrets,  I'm tired. There is only so much a woman can take, I need this break. I need to be without him,  I need a break Olanna" Dara said tiredly.

"The kids need their father, they've noticed his absence. Won't you at least consider their feelings and let him back into the house?" Olanna asked.

"I didn't stop him from coming to see his children. He can come to see his kids,  I'll not be in the way. I just don't want to see him" Dara dropped the knife.

"He's afraid you're going to divorce him Dara, he's afraid he's going to lose the kids" Olanna said.

Serves him right, Dara sneered inwardly.

"Whatever decision you make please consider the children. I'll ask him to come and see the kids tomorrow with your permission of course" Olanna smiled faintly.

Dara rolled her eyes,  two weeks. It was just two weeks and she intended to leaving him hanging for long.

Six months maybe, she couldn't decide yet but she wanted him to suffer.

3 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2018

Nene's breath hitched when she saw Hauwa,  Richard had gone to get her from the airport just yesterday and today she'd come to see his kids. 

An old friend Richard had said but Nene wasn't prepared for the damsel she was looking at now.

"Hi" she smiled prettily at Nene and extended her hand.

Another Idara?  Nene wondered as she shook Hauwa's hand.

"You must be Kainene,  Richard almost never shuts up about you" she grinned.

Richard rolled his eyes at Hauwa's cliche statement. "Where's your mum and how about your boys?" Hauwa turned to Richard.

"Won't you at least sit down madam,  let me go get you a drink and a snack.  Nene please go get the boys from the neighbors" Richard said.

"Alright" Nene said coldly and walked out of the living room.

"What's going on with you Richard? beneath the smiles, I know you're not feeling well" Hauwa asked turning to Richard. She looked genuinely concerned.

Richard shook his head "Hauwa not now,  let's talk about this later. So what can I get you?" He asked.

"You know...she doesn't seem like your type Richie.  Whatever happened to Idara?" Hauwa teased.

"Madam, what can I get you?" Richard maintained. "Wine,  alcohol. I'm in the mood for something" Hauwa said winking.

"No alcohol I'm afraid. We do have orange juice, coke and apple cider" Richard offered. "I bought some red velvet cupcakes for you earlier, hope you're not one those girls that eat only Salad these days?" Richard cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Apple cider is fine" Hauwa said and looked towards the door as Nene walked in with the boys.

"Ahh....the boys.  Nicholas the cute cheery one and Alexis the brooder." Hauwa said moving to the boys.

Nene turned to the boys "Alexis, nick this is miss Hauwa your father's friend" Nene said.

"So dad can have friends but you can't?" Alexis asked sarcastically before walking out of the living room.

"Alexis get back here!" Richard shouted.

"Richard.....let him be.  I'll go talk to him" Nene said tiredly and walked out of the living room.

Hauwa turned to Nick.  "How are you sweetheart?"

"Fine" Nick answered shyly before moving away to the bedroom.

Hauwa sighed and looked back at Richard. "I like the older one, feisty.  Although the younger is cute and exactly like you" Hauwa observed.

"I'm sorry about Alexis,  he's not usually like that" Richard said tiredly.

He didn't know what to make of Alexis's behavior nowadays. He was extremely rude and disrespectful, when he wasn't being rude he switched to a really cold person that snubbed anyone who spoke to him.

"It's okay. How about that apple cider Richard? Then we can talk business" Hauwa said sweetly.

"And here I thought you came back to Nigeria to see me because you missed me.   Serious Hauwa is back from vacation  I guess" Richard smiled.

Hauwa smiled before hugging him "You know I missed you Richie" Richard wrapped his arms around her and Nene chose to walk back into the living room that moment.

2 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2018

"Why were you so cold to Hauwa?" Richard asked when Nene settled in bed minutes after a shower.

"What do you mean?" Nene asked nonchalantly.  Richard frowned "You know what I'm talking about Nene. You didn't even come out of the bedroom to say goodbye to my friend. I don't act that way around your friends, Cassie and Dara are family to me" Richard said.

"If you don't have anything to talk about, I'm going to bed. I have a lot of things to do tomorrow"  Nene said coldly and switched off the bed lamp.

"Kainene,  what's the matter with you?" Richard asked slightly irritated.

"What's the matter with you Richard, you bring a woman that is all over you to the house yet you can't stand my friendship with mal...another man" Nene said painfully.

She wasn't stupid, she wasn't blind to see that Hauwa and Richard were more than friends at one point.

"Are you seriously bringing that up Nene? This male friend of yours was hell bent on destroying our home and you know that. Hauwa isn't like that" Richard explained.

"Oh really, she isn't? That's not what I saw" Nene said sarcastically.

"She only wants to help Nene" Richard replied smiling a little. Nene couldn't see the expression on his face but she could hear the amusement in his voice.

"Goodnight Richard" she whispered. "Good night Nens" Richard said and kissed the top of her head.

When she woke up in the morning Richard was gone,  he'd taken the boys to school also.
Only Mrs Imoh was in the house and she was also getting ready to leave the house.

"Good morning mum" Nene said entering her mother in law's bedroom.
"Good morning Nene,  did you sleep well?" Mrs Imoh asked brushing her hair.

"I guess, going somewhere?" Nene asked sitting on the bed.

"Yes.... I have to meet up with a friend. I'll be back in the evening, you all can have dinner without me" She replied.

"Right.... Did Richard leave a message for me.  He didn't even wake me up before he left" Nene said surprised.

They always got the boys ready for school together. "He probably didn't want to disturb you" Mrs Imoh replied.

"When did he leave the house?" Nene asked getting up to leave the room.  "He left over an hour ago Nene, Hauwa was here" Mrs Imoh said picking up her bag.

"I'm happy Hauwa is around, it's been long I saw Richard really happy" Mrs Imoh smiled. She kissed Nene good bye and left   the room.

'It's been long I saw Richard really happy' Nene couldn't stop thinking about that. Did that mean Richard wasn't happy with her?

She was still deep in thought when her phone rang. "Hello" she answered the caller.

"Kainene.... How are you?" Malik asked.

Nene sighed exasperated "Look Malik you need to stop calling me and move on" Nene said sharply.

"Actually sweetheart I have good news for you.  I found a lead on your parent's hideout" Malik said.

"Okay,  say hi to them when you meet them. Now stop disturbing me Malik" Nene hissed.

"I've invited them to the country" Malik said.

Nene laughed harshly "My parents will never come,  they know what awaits them when they come back" Nene said.

"Oh Nene, you're so clueless. You have no idea what I'm capable of.  I've managed to convince them to return honey,  I made a promise to them. I'll appeal on their behalf and with my connections I can get them a get out of jail free card and pay all their outrageous debts.  I'll also get them settled back into their old luxurious life" Malik said.

Nene listened with interest, why would Malik do all that for her. Nothing goes for nothing, she wondered what he wanted this time.

"All these I've discussed with your parents excluding one tiny detail" Nene heard the excitement in his voice now.

"What detail?" Nene asked.

"If you don't divorce Richard and marry me within two months Nene. Your parents will return to Nigeria and straight to jail" Malik said said coldly.

"What?" Nene asked shocked.

"You heard me darling. Now the question is do you really want to send your parents to jail?" Malik asked amused.

"Malik.... " Nene was left speechless.

"My love don't answer that now,  let's talk over dinner. Come over to my house, and oh.... Richard must not know of our arrangements" Malik said.

"Malik.... What...why are you doing this?" Nene asked breathlessly.

"I always get what I want Kainene. Dinner at seven sharp, don't be late. You know I hate waiting" Malik said.

With that he ended the call,  Nene stood still with the phone stuck to her ear.

Her parents and Richard, both were family but who would she pick?

3 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2018

Cassie dialed Nene's number right after Dara's.

"Cassie" Nene answered. "Cassie you should call another time, I'm really not in the mood now" Nene said sourly.

"No please Nene,  I really need you and Dara now.  I feel like I'm going crazy, I need to talk to you please. Let's meet at our spot please" Cassie begged.

Nene sighed "Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes" Nene said sounding exhausted.

Cassie sighed and dropped her phone.  She was tired of keeping it to herself, she needed to talk to her friends.

"Mummy are you okay?" Tiwa asked spooning ice cream into her mouth. "I'm fine sweetheart, I'm going to leave you with grannie today. I'm going out to see aunt Dara and aunt Nene" Cassie said picking up her purse. 

Her phone vibrated and she checked the caller.  It was doctor Abisuga, Cassie frowned wondering why he was calling her .

"Can't I come with you mummy?"  Tiwa asked pouting.

"No sweetheart, I'll be back really soon" Cassie said and declined the doctor's call. She didn't want to talk to anyone.

Dara had circles beneath her eyes and Nene's complexion looked really pale.  Cassie sat opposite the girls.

"What's wrong with you?" Dara asked dryly.

"What's wrong with you Dara and you Nene? You don't look well,  the both of you" Cassie said.

"Well you've been so focused on your perfect family that you haven't bothered to check on your friend and Nene here is catching up on the luxurious life once again." Dara said coldly.

Nene scoffed "Luxurious life?" Nene asked looking upset. 

"Well what do you call your relationship with Malik?" Dara asked.

"Don't start Dara,  I'm not the reason your husband is so shitty. You need to treat his fück up, don't come here and be serving us bullshit" Nene said angrily.

"When I need your advice, I'll ask for it" Dara hissed.

Cassie rolled her eyes "I don't want us to fight today. I need to talk to the both of you" Cassie said and cleared her throat.

"I've been hiding things from both of you, dark secrets. I was afraid you two would judge me" Cassie sighed looking nervous.

Dara sat up straighter and looked at Cassie with rapt attention. "I had an affair, I cheated on Tobi" Cassie said.

"Woah! Now that's news" Nene said before calling the waiter over.

"I need just water" Dara said. "I need something stronger, you Cass?" Nene asked.

"I've been craving guava recently, guava smoothie then" Cassie said wringing her hand.

Nene turned to the waiter "We'll have one bottle of water,  vodka and cranberry and one guava smoothie" Nene said.

"Yes ma'am" The waiter said and left.

"You were saying?" Dara asked.

"I cheated on Tobi with his step brother" Cassie said and looked at her hand.

"Did Tobi find out?" Nene asked. "I told him,  there's more" Cassie said.

"He wants a divorce?" Dara asked.

"No.....the affair happened a long time ago.  We just recently found out that Dele is Tiwa's father" Cassie said.

"What the actual Fück!"  Nene said.

"He wants full custody and from the looks of it,  he's going to get it. He's going to take my girl and leave the country. I might not see her again" Cassie said.

"Why didn't you tell us Cassie?" Dara asked. 

"I was ashamed, it wasn't supposed to get like that.  He was forcing me and blackmailing me.  The only person who had a clue was Richard, he helped me out...." Cassie broke into a sob.

"My Richard?" Nene asked surprised. Richard hadn't mentioned anything about it.

Cassie nodded.  "How's Tobi taking this?" Nene asked still shocked at the revelation.

"Quite hard,  his entire family has turned against him. I'm so afraid, I'm so scared.  I don't want to lose my daughter" Cassie sobbed. 

"You will not lose your daughter Cassie. If he's a woman beater, surely he's unfit to raise the child. Dele won't get custody of your daughter" Nene said.

"But...." Cassie threw her hands about in a gesturing manner.

"Sssh....you will not lose your child. We'll do everything to make sure you don't" Nene held Cassie's hand soothingly.

"Thank you, I'm sorry I kept it from two of you.  It's just...i..." Cassie began again but Nene cut her off. 

"We totally understand" Nene said. Dara sighed. "Men are such assholes" She hissed.

"What's going on with you and Jidenna these days?" Nene asked.

"I kicked his sorry ass out of the house. He has another child with that Jenifer girl he was dating back in school. And he's known about it all these while.  He's known about it before we even had the twins, he didn't tell me" Dara looked pained.

The waiter brought their order and placed it accordingly on the table before leaving.

"That didn't even hurt as finding out that my own husband married me simply because he couldn't have the woman he wanted and my brother's threat. Jidenna would have abandoned me on our wedding's eve if my brother had not threatened him" Dara said and clenched her fists.

"After everything I did for him.  It sucks, you two were right about him all along. He's a big jerk,  I can't stand him these days.  I wish I could take the kids and leave him for good" Dara hissed.

Cassie remained silent while Nene sipped her drink.

"What's going to happen to Jenifer and her kid?" Nene asked when the silence got unbearable.

"I don't care,  I don't want to see any of them at my house. He can do whatever he wants" Dara shrugged. She was trying to put up an 'I don't give a fück' front but it was obvious she was really hurt about it.

Jidenna was her first and only after all, it was hard to believe that her Prince Charming wasn't so charming after all.

"How about you Nene,  still contemplating between Malik and Richie?" Dara asked looking bored. 

"It's a lot more complicated than that. Richard and I are both out of jobs, I resigned and told Malik to fück off.  We lost our house you know, well now..... We're living with my mother in law" Nene rolled her eyes.

Dara burst out laughing. "Can you imagine how comical our life has become?" Dara asked.

"Perfect, Cassie cheated on her husband and has a daughter for her brother in law. My idiotic husband whom I thought was the best I could ask for has a mistress and a bastard. Wealthy Nene is as poor as a church rat" Dara said amused.

"Haha" Nene said rolling her eyes.

"It's so not funny Dara.  Speaking of Jobs Nene, why didn't you ever mention it me? I could look up something for you" Cassie said.

"Thanks a lot Cassie.  I know I can always count on you two.  I love you Cass,  and you too Dara. Even with your terrible sense of humor" Nene said.

Dara smiled easily. "I'm pregnant" she blurted out.

Cassie looked at Nene this time. "I thought you kicked him out of the house" Cassie said.

"I was pregnant before I kicked him out" Dara said rolling her eyes.

"Does he know?" Nene asked.

"No,  and I don't want to tell him. He'll find out when he sees a bump, I can't wait to see the hurt look on his face when he sees that I'm pregnant and I didn't tell him" Dara said.

"Oh Dara, you're so petty" Cassie chuckled.

It was so easy to forget most of their problems when they were with each other.

5 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2018

"Doctor Abisuga called me,  he said he'd like to have breakfast with us tomorrow" Tobi said the minute he got into the house.

"Why?" Cassie asked rubbing her toes. She frowned a little bit irritated. The doctor had been calling all day, what the hell did he want?

"I don't know Cassie,  how are you doing?" he said sitting beside her.

"How do you think I am, I'm not fine okay?    We might lose Tiwa and there is nothing we can do about it" Cassie frowned.

"I'm doing everything I can Cassandra, we won't lose our daughter" Tobi took her hand but she pulled away.

"It's not enough Tobi,  whatever you're doing is not enough!" Cassie said angrily.

Dele's ultimatum was still ringing in her head.  They had to act quickly or they would lose Tiwa to Dele forever.

"What brand of coffee is this Dear?  it's quite better than the one I drink" Doctor Abisuga asked smiling a little.

Cassie faked a smile before replying him. "It's Safari, it's a new brand" Cassie replied

"Not for long, it'll be leading the market pretty soon. The taste is excellent"  Doctor Abisuga replied.

"Perhaps Cassie can get you a pack before you leave?" Tobi asked cocking his head to  the side in askance.

"No,  I'm a tea person. I only appreciate good coffee like this but that doesn't change my loyalty to Lipton" He chuckled sipping his coffee again.

Cassie mentally rolled her eyes,  was there a particular reason for this gathering?

"How's Tiwa?" He asked looking serious now.

"She's fine,  she's actually with her grandmother now" Tobi replied poking his poached eggs with his fork.

"And the issue with Dele?" He asked sounding cautious. This time he was looking directly at Cassie.

"We're handling it" Cassie sent him a phony smile.

"If I could have faked the results for you,  I would have. But I can never betray my profession, I wish I could have helped" Doctor Abisuga said sincerely.

Tobi smiled bitterly at the statement. "I would never have asked you to fake the results doctor. You did the right thing" Tobi said.

Did he?  Cassie wondered irritated. That's not the way she saw it,  in her own mind she believed that if indeed the doctor was loyal to Tobi and his father, he would have helped at a time like this.

"I want you to know that I'm going to try to help in my own way.  If you ever need my help....." Doctor Abisuga said.

"Just how are you going to help us,  we're stuck in a custody battle and you're a doctor. So please tell us,  how do you plan to help?" Cassie asked rather coldly. She was impatient now,  could they end this silly breakfast and move on.

"Cassandra!" Tobi looked at Cassie sternly. He understood that she was super moody these days with the pregnancy hormones and the fear of losing Tiwa but that was no excuse to talk to the doctor the way she did.

Doctor Abisuga smiled. "Tobi if I weren't your father's friend I wouldn't share this with you" he said.

Tobi frowned now "What is that?" he asked curiously.

"It's your brother Dele,  there is something you should know" the doctor said catching both Cassie and Tobi's attention.

3 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2018

"Where are you going?" Nene asked standing at the door way as she watched Richard dress up.

"I have a thing with Hauwa, I'll be back early" Richard replied casually.

Nene let out a sigh and walked up to him.  "What's this thing you have with Hauwa?" She asked him looking him directly in the eye.

"Hauwa and I are working on a project together. It's purely business, if it clicks we won't have to live here anymore and I wouldn't have to go job hunting. Understand that I'm doing this for you and the kids" Richard replied cupping her face.

"If you say so" Nene said with resignation. With Malik back in her life and blackmailing her, she had other things to worry about.

She hadn't told Richard about it, she couldn't tell him. She also wasn't sure she could do what Malik was asking.

"I want to take you out for lunch today, what do you think?" Richard asked with his hand circling her waist.

"Um....Maybe another time.  I'm going to Cassie's today" she lied and looked away nervously.

"Okay,  I guess I'll take the boys for a treat then" Richard said and pulled away.

"Sounds good" Nene faked a smile and moved away.

"Everything is going as planned I trust, madam? " Malik asked smirking.

"There is no need to celebrate here,  you need to fulfill your own end of the deal. If you don't, Nothing I do will work" Hauwa said irritated.

"What do you mean, don't tell me Richard hasn't fallen for your sweet charms?" Malik asked sipping his glass of wine.

"He hasn't and he won't. Richard loves his wife and his children. He won't leave Nene for me no matter what's on the table" Hauwa hissed.

"Maybe you need to up your game" Malik sneered. "He's a broke man, he has nothing to his name. If you can't get him through amorous means then perhaps you should try manipulating him with money" Malik winked.

"You think Richard can be bought with money?  You don't know him well enough then" Hauwa said.

"Anyone can be bought with money,  you for instance.  You're willing to betray your good friend for change" Malik said cockily.

"Change?! With due respect Malik, if you weren't threatening to destroy the legacy my grandmother built with all she worked for during her lifetime I wouldn't have helped you.  Not for all the money in the bank,  Richard is a good man" Hauwa hissed.

"Yes he is,  but family first right. You wouldn't want me to close down your grandmother's school for those mentally disabled scumbags" Malik said.

Hauwa growled at him. "It's not just a school, it's the only hope for those kids and you want to destroy everything for a married woman. Why is Nene such a prize to you?" Hauwa asked irritated.

"Kainene was the first woman I fell in love with. I would have married her if your stupid Richard hadn't succeeded in raping her and getting her pregnant. He was going to abandon her,  her parents had to pay him to marry her" Malik hissed.

Hauwa gasped "That's a lie,  Richard is nothing like that" Hauwa defended hotly.

"Her parents confided in me.  Looks like your Richard isn't so saintly as you thought. Make Richard lose interest in Nene, I don't care how you do it.  If you don't I'm going to destroy your stupid school for those miscreants" Malik hissed.

"Understood" Hauwa said sadly.  She couldn't believe she was working with the devil, but she'd promised her grandma that her legacy wouldn't go to the wind.

Malik was trying to destroy that legacy and she couldn't let him.

6 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:44pm On Aug 08, 2018

"Daddy why are you leaving?" Iremide asked Jidenna. She didn't understand why her father no longer lived in the house with them.

"I....i have work baby. You understand that sweetheart don't you?" He picked her up like she weighed nothing.

Iremide shook her head "Can't you work from home daddy?" she asked.

"I wish,  I'll be here tomorrow morning to take you and your brother to the water park.  How about that?" Jidenna asked.

Iremide shook her head "Daddy,  I don't want you to go today. Please don't go" Iremide said her voice dropping in a plea.

"I can't sweetheart, maybe next time" Jidenna smiled easily. His heart was breaking for his little girl but Dara had made it clear that he wasn't welcome to live with them.

"That's what you said yesterday" Iremide wiggled out of his hold.  "If you won't stay with us today then I don't want to go to the water park tomorrow, Lota won't go too" Iremide frowned.

"Sweetheart....." Jidenna sighed tiredly. "Go tell your mum I'm staying over" He finally accepted knowing that Dara would blow her top.

"Mummy is not home,  mummy is out with Uncle Jay" Lota replied bumping two of his toy cars together.

"Uncle who?" Jidenna stood up and turned to his sister who had been sitting quietly.

"Iremide,  Lota....you two should go play upstairs" Olanna said.

"No joor!" Iremide hissed.

"If I have to repeat myself again, no cartoons for you two tonight" Olanna threatened.

"Ooooh, auntie Lana" Iremide hissed again and stomped away angrily. Lota followed a little less grumpy.

"How come you never mentioned this uncle?" Jidenna asked his little sister.

"Um....big brother no offense. I'm not a spy, or an undercover agent who reports back to you" Olanna said.

"Right, so who is he?" Jidenna asked.

Olanna shifted uncomfortably not knowing if it was right to tell Jidenna what Dara had told her in confidence.

"He's...." Olanna began but was interrupted by the sound of the bell. Olanna started to stand but Jidenna held up his hand.

"Let me get the door" Jidenna said. He got up and walked out of the living room and into the lounge.

"Jidenna" Dara paused as he opened the door. She closed up, showing no emotions.

Jidenna's eyes settled on the man at the door holding his wife's bag.  He'd never been jealous around Dara,  she had no interest in any other man but him. 

Now they were having issues and she was with this other man, Jidenna felt a tinge of jealousy.

Maybe not a tinge,  it was a lot more than that.

"Jacob, this is my....the father of my kids. Jidenna, Jacob" Dara introduced.

"Hello" Jacob said with a small smirk on his lips. The jealousy emanating from Jidenna was really hard to ignore.

Jidenna nodded in his direction before turning back to his wife. 

"I take it that you're leaving already" Dara said coldly.

"Actually" Jidenna took her bag away from Jacob. "I'm not....till tomorrow" Jidenna said.

He turned to Jacob. "Thanks for escorting my wife home . Goodbye" Jidenna said steely before taking Dara's hand.

Dara turned to him angrily "What the hell do you think you're doing?" she yelled once Jacob left.

"Who the hell is that man,  why is he here?  In my house!" Jidenna yelled back.

"He's my attorney" Dara said smugly and strolled into the living room.

Jidenna followed "What do you need an attorney for?" he asked.

"What do you think?" Dara threw at him angrily now.

"You tell me Dara,  how else do you want me to tell you I'm sorry. I'm freaking Sorry, whatever I did to you.... It was in the past,  I've changed now" Jidenna said.

"I've changed too,  I'm sorry I can't be the same love sick girl that would accept your shïtty  apology and forgive you in a snap" Dara hissed.

Olanna stared at the both of them wide-eyed. She cleared her throat attracting their attention.

"End of discussion Jidenna. I am done talking to you.  You should leave" Dara said stiffly.

"I'm not leaving Dara and we're not done talking" Jidenna said.

"I'm done talking to you,  and if you won't leave, I'll leave and I'll leave with my kids" Dara threatened.

"Our kids" Jidenna gritted out.

"Get out!" Dara said in a raised voice. She glared hard at him.

"Jidenna I said...." She started again but he shook his head.

"I'm leaving, I'm coming back tomorrow though Dara. I just hope you know you're making the wrong choices" Jidenna said before walking away.

Olanna sighed "How long are you going to drag this on,  he's sorry" She said.

Dara hissed "I don't want to hear this right now" Dara said leaving the sitting room.

3 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2018

Cassie was super confident the next time she saw him.  She and Tobi had decided to hush the whole custody arrangement. On this fine day it was just Tobi,  Cassie, Dele and his lawyer.  They hadn't even brought their lawyer.

Dele took her arm the minute Tobi was out of sight. "You're really going to give up your daughter because of a man?" he scoffed angrily.

"Not just any man.  Tobi is my husband and the father of my unborn child, yes I don't plan to leave him. And I'm not giving up our daughter, she'll simply go away with her father. Not so?" Cassie said nonchalantly.

"You're going to regret this, I'm going to make sure our daughter hates you.  You have the option of changing your mind before the judge arrives" Dele said.

"Dele,  you do not scare me.  I'm not the same woman you manipulated years ago" Cassie hissed.

"Oh really?" Dele sneered.

"Yes!" Cassie said defiantly. Tobi showed up almost immediately.

"Is something going on here?" He asked Cassie although he was looking at Dele.

"Just catching up with my brother in law" Cassie said condescendingly before taking Tobi's hand.

"I only have one request" Cassie spoke looking at the judge sympathetically.

"In case of any accident or deaths my daughter should be brought back to me" Cassie said turning to Dele.

"Granted" the judge said stiffly.  Dele on the other hand looked horrified. He turned to Tobi and his wife and glared at the two of them.

"Congratulations Dele, you now have full custody of your daughter" his lawyer said smiling.

"Yeah.... Until I die" Dele said sourly.

"It's not like you're going to die anytime soon. I'm surprised they didn't bring that fiesty lawyer and they didn't even put up a fight for the girl.  They just surrendered easily, you're quite lucky you know" his lawyer grinned at their success.

Lucky indeed, Dele got up instantly and went out of the room. He walked straight to Cassie.

"A word please?" Dele gritted out.

Tobi looked to Cassie to see if she was okay with it and she nodded surprisingly.

"I'll wait up in the car, don't be long" Tobi said giving them a little privacy. 

"How did you know?" he asked looking her directly in the face.

"What do you mean, know what?" Cassie asked confused.

"You know exactly what  I'm talking about Cassandra. One minute you're scared of losing Tiwa, next you're acting like you don't give a fück!" Dele snarled.

"I do care but I don't want to play in your games again" Cassie said calmly.

"You're lying, I know you're lying. You know something don't you. The main question is how the hell do you know?" Dele said harshly.

"Tell me.....what are you rambling on about, is there something I should know, something you forget to mention?" Cassie smirked.

Dele glared at her. "Who told you?" Dele shouted.

Cassie grew mad now "Yes Dele,  I know you're dying. I know you have cancer of the lungs.  The only reason you're interested in Tiwa is because you like ruining Tobi's happiness. Do you even feel anything for our daughter, this is only a game to you" Cassie hissed.

Apparently Doctor Abisuga's daughter and Dele had grown quite close. 

She was his doctor and she'd confided in her father who had in turn told Cassie and Tobi about Dele.

"Of course I love our daughter. You're the one who doesn't love her enough" Dele said.

"It doesn't matter in a few months you'll be forgotten. Enjoy her while you have and you better treat my baby girl right assholê" Cassie hissed and walked away.

Dele stared after her angrily. He might have won the fight but the war was lost already.

Despite his efforts, he hadn't gotten what he really wanted.  He got Tiwa for a while but what he really wanted was the full package, Tiwa and Cassandra.

7 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by yewande1234(f): 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Welcome back sis

1 Like

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2018

When Nene walked into Malik's office unannounced, the last person she expected to see was Hauwa.

"You're early,  I was going to send my driver to get you. How are you love?" Malik stood up from his chair and moved to hug Nene.

Nene locked eyes with Hauwa before pulling away sharply. "I'm well, thank you,  I decided to come alone.  We need to talk" Nene said.

"How about I take you out, let's talk over a meal" Malik suggested fishing out his cellphone. He called his assistant and asked him to get a table at his favorite restaurant.

Hauwa turned to Nene and smirked.  "I have matters to attend to Mr Malik.  I'll leave you with your wife?" Hauwa said slyly.

"We're just friends!" Nene spat. What was Hauwa's game anyway?

"That's a shame, I saw the ring and I assumed you two were a beautiful couple" Hauwa said.

"Oh no Hauwa,  I didn't put the cheap ring on her finger.  When I do, you wouldn't have to question if she was my wife or not"  Malik said pulling Nene to his side.

"Well.... Congratulations in advance then" Hauwa smirked before picking up her purse.  She walked out of the office smiling at Nene as she went out the door.

"Who is she to you?" Nene asked immediately.

"A client, she's not important" Malik said taking Nene's hand.  He kissed the back of her palm.

"She's a friend of Richard, what if she tells Richard that I... She's important" Nene said looking at the door.

"Why does it matter if she tells Richard, you'll just tell him that you've decided you want to be with me.  Divorce him sweetheart or do you want your parents to spend the rest of their lives in jail?" Malik asked.

Nene took a deep breath, did she?

The expression on Richard's face was not missed by either Nene or his mother during dinner.

"Are you okay son?" Mrs Imoh asked concerned as she forked a piece of yam into her mouth.

"I'm fine" Richard replied gruffly. He remembered his last conversation with Hauwa about three hours ago.

'You look troubled Hauwa are you okay?' Richard had asked concerned.

'I really don't want to talk about this Richard, but you're my friend and if I don't tell you what kind of friend would that make me?' Hauwa looked sad.

'What's that?' Richard  had asked with Keen interest.

'Well... You know what? never mind....i can't do this' Hauwa looked away.

'Hauwa talk to me!' Richard tilted her face back to his.

'I think Nene is cheating on you!' Hauwa shouted.

'What? Nene,  Nene would not.  Why would you say that?' Richard looked perplexed.

'Today I went to talk to a sponsor and Nene came in while we were discussing business. Richard the way they were, they were  clearly lovers. Mr Malik even mentioned something about them getting married' Hauwa finished.

'Mr Malik...' Richard couldn't believe his ears.  Nene had lied to him,  she'd told him she wasn't seeing that bloody rich bastaŕd anymore but she was. For how long? He wondered. He was numb, and she was planning to marry him?

Why?  He closed his eyes briefly. Of course his dear wife couldn't part with luxury,  wealth, and all the good things he couldn't offer her.

"Richard!" Nene's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

He turned to her a little irritated. "What is it?" he asked unable to keep the anger and disdain out of his voice.

"I asked if you could help the boys get in bed and sort out their assignment" Nene said.

"Isn't that your job,  I mean you're the housewife here and their mother. I'm the one who has to go looking for job opportunities and you...well who knows what you do with your time.  Dates with other men I suppose" Richard said.

"Richard!" Nene looked a little hurt by his accusation. Richard simply ignored her, as far as he was concerned she had betrayed him and he wasn't going to forgive her this time.

2 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
wink Thanks dear
yewande1234:
Welcome back sis
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2018

Jidenna sat across Kainene and Cassandra and wondered again for the umpteenth time if he was doing the right thing.

"So what do you want?" Nene asked irritably.  Jidenna rolled his eyes mentally, he couldn't stand her. He often wondered how Dara could.

"Isn't it obvious?" Jidenna asked her. Beads of sweat dotted his forehead. He was running out of options already, turning to Dara's friends seemed promising.

"Well humor me,  tell me why you're suddenly showing interest in us?" Nene asked. She knew Jidenna never cared about his wife's friends, most of the times when they'd come over to the house,  he made a point to ignore them.

"I called the both of you here because of Dara.  I know you all are like sisters and Dara listens to your opinions, I want you to help me talk to her" Jidenna exhaled. 

Nene burst out laughing crushing the last of Jidenna's pride. "Really?  almighty Jidenna. you're asking for our help" Nene hissed.

Jidenna felt the urge to strangle her but he held himself. Nene was a big bïtch but the thought of divorce was a bigger bïtch.

"Yes, I'm asking for your help. I want you two to please help me talk to Dara, she'll listen to you two" Jidenna said.

"Why?" Cassie asked. The last time she spoke to Dara,  Dara had mentioned that she'd kicked her husband out of the house temporarily so why was he making such a big deal out of it.

"I'm afraid she's considering divorce" Jidenna said swallowing the bile in his throat. He met Cassie's eyes and saw surprise.

"Dara is considering divorce?" Cassie asked.

"That's a good thing right, you're an asshöle Jidenna.  Home girl deserves better and you know it, just go home and accept your fate" Nene sneered.

Jidenna shook his head, why hadn't he just called just Cassie?  "Yes,  she's considering divorce. She's talking to a lawyer" Jidenna replied Cassie.

Cassie looked at Nene curiously.

"What did you do?" Cassie asked frowning.

"Look I lied to her okay,  I hid a lot of things from her and she found out and got mad.  I'm just afraid her anger is making her irrational and I want you to help me speak to her" Jidenna sighed.

"Why should we help you?" Nene asked.

"Come on Nene, don't tell me you haven't made mistakes. You're the one who told your husband you had a miscarriage and you were still pregnant. He forgave you didn't he?" Jidenna answered her irritated.

Nene glared at him.  "Yes we all make mistakes and you....you were born to make mistakes. You know why she's finally divorcing you? You've made too many mistakes and she has no more forgiveness to give your silly ass.  I hope she leaves you, isn't that what you wanted? So you could go be with your precious mistress" Nene mocked him.

Jidenna ignored her and turned to Cassie.  "Cassie.... Will you please talk to her?" he asked.

"I'll try.....but I can't promise you anything. When Dara makes up her mind to do something there's simply no changing it" Cassie said.

"Like how she made up her mind to marry a   dîckhead and we couldn't convince her otherwise" Nene threw at Jidenna.

"Nene...." Cassie cautioned.

"Thank you Cassie,  thanks" Jidenna said before getting up. "Good day Kainene" Jidenna said before leaving the table.

Cassie turned to Nene. "You don't think Dara would really divorce Jidenna, especially not when She's pregnant too.

"She's just bluffing, trying to scare him and it's working" Nene said.

"And you....what's wrong with you, woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" Cassie asked.

More like couch,  Richard had locked her out of the room last night. She still couldn't believe it.

5 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2018

"Congratulations, I'm so happy for you" Dara hugged Cassie. 

"Thanks, it was a narrow win but we did win.  Once we proved that Dele's health was not stable and that he was dying, everything fell in place. He was declared unfit to look after Tiwa, and the good news is no one has told Tiwa that Tobi isn't her father" Cassie said smiling.

"And Dele?" Nene asked curiously. Was the rascal just giving up so easily?

"Dele......I have no idea. Haven't seen him since then. Honestly the world would be a better place without him" Cassie said.

"Cheers to that, I'm so happy for you girl.  And look you're glowing!" Dara said grinning.

"Well..." Cassie smirked.  "Now that I have my peace of mind again, Tobi and I are having good sex, so it must definitely be the sex" Cassie winked.

"Wait....you have pregnant sex?" Dara asked.

"Well... Duh!" Cassie said rolling her eyes.

"Is that healthy at all? I didn't have sex when I was pregnant with the twins. The thought of it was quite scary" Dara said sipping her mango juice.

"It's completely healthy Dara" Nene remarked winking.

"Is it? I thought you said it wasn't healthy. That you could lose the baby" Dara cocked her eyebrows.

"Did I?" Nene asked.

"Yes,  when you were pregnant with Alexis" Dara said.

"Oh that" Nene chuckled.  "No,  I was crazy. I just said that to keep Richard away, I didn't want to have sex with him" Nene said shaking her head.

"Speaking of Richard, how's Richard these days?" Cassie asked.

"He's good,  he's not in the country now.  He's out with his partner,  they are in South Africa at the moment" Nene replied.

Then she remembered how hurt she'd felt when Nick asked when Dad and Aunt Hauwa were coming back from South Africa.  She hadn't even known he was traveling, he hadn't told her.  She had just woken up and found him gone. 

His mother had later mentioned they Richard and Hauwa had gone to South Africa on a business trip.

"Is he still recruiting models?" Cassie asked.

"What?" Nene asked confused.

"Richard, he was recruiting models" Cassie said inspecting a spring roll.

"Why?" Nene asked confused.

Cassie looked up surprised. "Nene, you don't know why he's recruiting models?" Cassie asked.

"I didn't even know he was recruiting models to start with.  I just know he's working on something" Nene said. 

"Well you know he's working with Hauwa.  She's a fashion blogger,  Richard is working on a fashion line" Cassie said.

Nene stood up "Richard is working on a fashion line?" she asked again.

"He didn't tell you?" Dara asked.

"No,  it seems he told everybody excluding me.  I didn't even know Richard  knew anything about fashion, he did tell me he worked with a designer before he got into the university" Nene said.

"Oh.... Well his first job was with Tommy apparels before he began working for your father" Cassie said.

"Wow,  you two even know more about the man I married than I do.  I'm done with putting up with his shït when he gets back I'm giving him a piece of my mind" Nene hissed angrily.

"Okay calm down angry bird.  I'm sure your husband had his reasons" Cassie winked.

Nene rolled her eyes irritated.  "So how's team Dara and Jidenna?" Cassie asked.

"I'm making him sweat it. I'm not letting him back into my home easily" Dara said.

"He said you were speaking to an attorney" Nene said sitting down.

"Nope,  it's just Jacob.  Jacob is a marriage counselor" Dara replied.

"Oh .....Jacob" Cassie and Nene mused. 

"Whatever enough about husbands, Nene I've gotten a job for you" Cassie grinned.

"You're going to love it trust me" She winked.

Nene smiled a little, finally one problem off her pretty neck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2018

It was past seven when Jidenna got back home with the kids. He met Dara and her attorney in the lounge playing scrabble.

She didn't even acknowledge his presence when he got in and that angered him.

"Dara!" he said sternly causing her to look up and acknowledge him.

"Oh... Hi.  Don't worry about putting the kids in bed.  Olanna will do that" Dara smiled a little when she saw him brimming with envy.

"Mummy" Iremide and Lota chorused rushing to their mother.

"Hello sweeties,  did you two have fun at the mall?" Dara asked kissing their foreheads.

"Yes! See we bought you cheese cake" Iremide said handing her the shopping bag.

"Thank you sweetheart, have you said hi to uncle Jay?" Dara asked them.

"Hi" Lota and Iremide murmured.  Jacob simply smiled, he wasn't a fan of children. He could deal with anything but definitely not children.

"Okay,  why don't you go put the cake in the refrigerator before going upstairs to take a shower. Say goodnight to your father first" Dara instructed.

"Goodnight daddy" the twins chorused before rushing out of the lounge.

Jidenna switched his attention back to Dara. "How are you?" he asked.

"obviously in good health as you can see" Dara replied and Jacob couldn't hold back the little smile.

Jidenna flared up when he saw the smile on the other man's face. The bastärd thought this was amusing.

He turned to Dara now in anger "I didn't know you entertained late night visits" Jidenna said.

"What's your point?" Dara asked sourly.  She didn't bother to look up at him and that infuriated him the more.

He was mad, he was fed up, fed up with living in a hotel, fed up with coming to his own to see his kids like a visitor, fed up with getting kicked out of his own house by his wife every night, fed up with the way she treated him!

"Dara it's bad enough that I'm not welcomed into my own house but I'll be dammed if I have to tolerate another man being in my home with my wife by this bloody hour!" Jidenna shouted.

"It's just past seven" Dara said calmly.

"I don't care what you say,  I want this bloody attorney out of my house. I don't want him here again. Mr Attorney, you're no longer welcome in my home" Jidenna said harshly.

"Attorney? You must be mistaken Mr Okolie. I'm your wife's counsellor, marriage counsellor. Didn't she tell you about me?" Jacob asked.

The jig was up,  Dara thought.

"You mean you're not the divorce attorney?" Jidenna asked confused.

"Divorce?!  No... No,  I fix broken marriages. Your wife is a friend and I've been counselling her, I wasn't aware you were also consulting a divorce lawyer Dara" Jacob turned to Dara now.

"I'm not consulting a divorce lawyer, my husband is just being paranoid. Thanks for coming Jacob,  I'll see you tomorrow. Right now my husband and I need some privacy" Dara glared at Jidenna.

"Paranoid?! You told me this man was your divorce lawyer.  I've been going about feeling bad because I thought you were going to divorce me" Jidenna glared back.

"Feeling bad,  good!  Now you know how I felt when I found out you never wanted to marry me and that you had a love child!" Dara spat.

"What do you want from me Dara, haven't I apologized already. I'm sorry, I keep telling you how sorry I am.  What do you want from me?!" Jidenna yelled.

"I don't know, I don't know anything anymore Jidenna. I don't know if I love you or if I trust you. You've hurt me too much okay?" Dara yelled.

Jidenna sighed "How do I make it up to you D, I'm sorry I swear I am" Jidenna said.

"I don't know....i do know that seeing you makes me angry. I'd appreciate it if you just disappear for a while. I need space" Dara said.

"For how long Dara,  I'm tired of giving you space. Dara I miss you, I miss the comforts of my home,  my bed, my children, my family. I don't want to stay in a goddamned hotel!" Jidenna said.

"And I'm supposed to just forget your child and Jenifer?" Dara asked.

"My son will always be a part of my life, and Jenifer is not a threat.  She's married for the love of God, It was Chizaram who started this stunt just to get money from me" Jidenna shouted.

"What if Jenifer was still single, wouldn't you have picked her. I always come second place remember. First you pick that woman over me then you favored your family. Do you ever think about me,  what Dara would like to do, what would Dara want?" Dara asked.

"I love you Dara,  I know I don't say it a lot but I do.  Jenifer stopped mattering to me a long time ago. Do you understand that?" Jidenna asked.

Dara twisted her mouth, she knew she should just let him go and stop dragging it on but to let him off the hook so easy didn't sit well with her.

"Okay" she said.

"Okay?" Jidenna moved closer to her.

"Okay, I forgive you" Dara smiled easily now.

"You can now sleep in the guest room" Dara said.

"The guest room?" Jidenna repeated.

"Or would you rather go back to the hotel?" Dara asked.

"No,  guest room is fine.  Absolutely fine, you won't regret it" Jidenna smiled back.

It could only get better now, he decided. At least he was back in his house.

4 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2018

Mrs Imoh informed Nene Friday morning before she left for her daughter's house for the weekend that Richard would be coming back that day.

Richard had called his mother to tell her he would be coming but had not bothered to call her not once since he left.  For a whole week!

The nerve of that man,  she had some words for him when he got back. It was a good thing Cassie had come to pick up the boys for the weekend, so no one would hear her screaming down his ears when he got back.

Mrs Imoh called later in the evening that Richard had arrived but he was in Abuja and he wouldn't be coming back till Monday .

Why hadn't Richard called her himself? Right, for some reason, he had decided to exclude her out of everything.

Her friends knew more about him than she did, she still couldn't get over the fact that Richard had told Cassie about the fashion line but not her. 

He didn't even tell her he was traveling also,  Nene shook her head furiously. His behavior puzzled her.

"Are you talking to Nene?" Hauwa asked behind Richard.

"No" Richard scoffed. He'd purposely ignored her and refused to tell her anything. She didn't deserve to know anything concerning him,  not when she was planning to run off with Malik.

Hauwa smirked before taking off her robe. "Perhaps I can take your mind off her?" She offered seductively.

Perhaps, Just perhaps Richard would give in tonight.

Richard turned sharply and was surprised to see Hauwa in her naked glory before him.  He knew she'd been dropping hints for the past few days but he'd ignored her and focused solely on business.

"Hauwa, look you're beautiful. You're bold, you're many things a man would like but I'm a married man okay, you're my friend and I can't do this to you" Richard said.

"Richie,  don't you find me attractive, am I not beautiful?" Hauwa asked.

"You're beautiful Hauwa but I'm a married man. Even if I wasn't, I wouldn't do this with you.  you're like a sister to me" Richard said looking away.

A sister wouldn't stand naked before him but before this accident that's what he saw Hauwa as.

"Your wife doesn't love you,  she's going to leave you.  She's dating that man, Malik! she's probably in his bed now Richard. How can you still be devoted to a cheat?" Hauwa shouted.

Richard picked up Hauwa's robe and threw it to her.  "Get dressed Hauwa,  let's review the designs again before we meet with Mr Mead tomorrow" Richard said.

Hauwa scoffed "You're the only man I know that would turn down a naked woman who would do anything for you" She said putting on her robe.

"The designs Hauwa" Richard repeated.

"Your wife doesn't deserve you Richard, she's a cheat. You know that, it's only fair that you cheat on her too.  Give her a slice of what she's been serving you" Hauwa said.

"Goodnight Hauwa" Richard said and walked out of her suite.

He didn't speak of what had gone down the  next morning. He simply ignored the elephant in the room, the tension, the awkwardness.

He left Abuja Sunday afternoon after the last meeting with a promising client.

Hauwa tried to get him to stay but he declined despite her pleas and her apology.

He couldn't blame Hauwa for what she'd done.  She thought he was free game because his own wife was planning to run off with another man.

'Damn you Nene!' he swore angrily. She'd always pick money over him,  it didn't matter what he did, or how much he loved her.

5 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2018

"What's his name?" Dara looked at the picture of the mini replica of her husband. The resemblance was uncanny. 

"His name is JayJay.  Jidenna junior" Jenifer smiled looking at the picture of son.

"Oh....." Dara looked at her nails instead. Looking at the picture of the boy hurt so much,  looking at the picture reminded her of what Jidenna had done.

"Are you okay?" Jidenna asked her quietly.

"I'm fine" Dara replied. She felt sick to the stomach.

"I'm sorry Dara, I heard of how Chizaram exploited Jidenna.  I'm sorry, it's my fault really. I told her that JayJay is Jidenna's son. She was broke,  she needed money so she took advantage of it. When I found out I was furious, I never asked her to get money from Jidenna" Jenifer said.

"It's okay,  it's fine" Dara said distractedly.  She didn't care about chizaram or whatever happened with Jidenna's money.

As a matter of fact, she thought that Jidenna deserved whatever Chizaram had done to him.  If Chizaram hadn't showed up at the house,  she wouldn't know the dirty secrets her husband was hiding.

"What I really want to know is where he fits into our lives. Does your son know about his father?" Dara asked.

"Yes,  he does. He and Jidenna bonded quite well before I married Pascal" Jenifer said.

"Oh... Oh I see" Dara said. She couldn't see anything really. Her husband had been secretly seeing this woman and fathering another child. She felt like throwing up all over him.

"Pascal loves Jayjay but JayJay doesn't feel the same way.  Last night he told me he wants to live with his father, that's why I fixed this meeting. I wanted to know if you would be comfortable with it" Jenifer said.

"Sure......i won't deprive your child of his father. If you'll excuse me,  I don't feel really well.  I have to go" Dara said getting up immediately she walked out of the living room.

Jenifer turned to Jidenna.  "I'm really sorry I have to do this to you but it's what your son wants" Jenifer said.

"It's fine,  I'll talk to Dara.  Besides when she spends time with Jayjay she will love him. The kids will love him too,  Dara loves children and she won't be cruel to him" Jidenna assured Jenifer.

Jenifer sighed "Well that's a relief, I should go now.  I'm meeting pascal at work  in a few minutes" Jenifer picked up her bag.

Jidenna escorted her to her car.  "You did the right thing by sticking with her instead. She made a better wife for you,  I wouldn't have done that" Jenifer said.

"Yet pascal isn't in a hurry to leave you" Jidenna smiled.

"You and pascal are quite different. You wouldn't have been able to give me what I got from pascal" Jenifer said before getting into her car. 

Jidenna wondered what pascal had given her that she wouldn't have gotten from him,   he didn't dwell on the thought. That was his past,  Dara was his present and future.

"You okay?" Jidenna asked Dara when he saw her lying on her stomach in the bedroom.

She buried her face in the pillow and ignored him.  "If you don't want him here that's fine.  Jenifer and I will make other arrangements" Jidenna said.

"I don't care what you do Jidenna" Dara said.

"Dara......he's my son.  He'll always be part of my life. I want you to accept him as yours too" Jidenna said calmly.

"Hmmm" Dara said nothing else.  "Dara, I want our marriage to work.  No more lies or secrets" Jidenna sat down by her side.

"You know I seem to remember you telling me this sometime ago and you had a lot of skeletons in your closet. If the reverse was the case would you forgive me easily?" Dara asked.

Jidenna didn't know how to reply her.  He knew Dara would never cheat on him.

"Jidenna I said if the reverse was the case would you forgive me easily, would you accept my child?" Dara asked.

"You would never cheat on me Dara,  I know you" Jidenna said calmly.

"You know you wouldn't, you'd kick me out of your house in a heartbeat" Dara said shaking her head.

"Dara,  I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've ruined your fairytale marriage. I know you wanted me to be your Prince Charming so bad and I'm sorry that I failed you.  If I could go back in time I would change everything but I can't. All I ask is that you forgive me for my mistake" Jidenna begged.

"I forgive you, but I'm afraid I can't accept your son. Not when I'm still hurting" Dara said.

"That's fine, I'll tell Jenifer. I won't force you into anything, when you're comfortable with it let me know" Jidenna said.

Dara sighed "If I find out you're hiding any other thing from me,  I will leave. If you lie to me again, I will leave for good" Dara said with all seriousness.

"I won't ever lie to you again sweetheart, no more lies or secrets" Jidenna pulled her gently to his side.

"Promise" Dara murmured. "I promise" Jidenna sighed cupping her face. He kissed her gently.

"I'm pregnant" she dropped the bomb.  Jidenna smiled a little "I know..." he said.

"What?" she pulled away.  "Who told you?" she asked. "I know all your habits sweetheart and when you start acting out habit it's suspicious. Plus I ran into your doctor" Jidenna said.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Dara asked. "I wanted you to tell me yourself, I can't wait for you to have our baby. I love you so much" Jidenna kissed the top of her head.

"I love you too" Dara smiled.

3 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2018

Nene was furious when Richard went on ignoring her. It was as if she had ceased to exist.

"What's your problem Richard?" she asked finally asked one morning.

"I don't have a problem" Richard replied.

"Why are you treating me like crap Richard?" Nene asked impatiently.

"Am I?" Richard asked carelessly.

"If you have a problem with me Richard you should tell me. Why are you ignoring me,  why won't you tell me what the problem is?" Nene asked angrily.

"I'm not in the mood for this discussion Nene" Richard said.

"First of all, you've been giving me attitude for no reason. Secondly you travelled without letting me know and now you ignore me as if I mean nothing to you.  What's the meaning of that?" Nene asked.

"I don't know Nene, why don't you ask yourself that?" Richard replied her.

Nene sighed "I know Hauwa must have told you she saw me at Malik's office.  Whatever she told you Richard, it's not true" Nene said.

"Why were you at Malik's office, I thought you said you weren't going to see him again? Let me guess,  he got you your new job" Richard said with venom.

"No Richard, Cassie got me the job. Whatever Hauwa told you, it's not true.  That's what Malik wanted her to see" Nene said moving closer to him.

"You still haven't told me why you were at his office in first place" Richard pushed her aside.

"He called me okay,  he said he wanted to see me" Nene said.

Richard hissed irritated "And you went running to him huh" he said.

"I had to see him Richard, I wanted to tell you but I didn't see the point. I've sorted everything out, Malik is no longer in my life" Nene moved closer to him again.

"You're  just a liar nene. Every time I think you've changed, you just keep disappointing me the more.  If you want to run off to your precious Malik, that's fine.  You're free,  material things has always been paramount in your life" Richard sneered.

Nene sighed and moved away from him.  "Richard....how is it that you can believe that girl over me? Why do you doubt me every time? I just told you that I have nothing with Malik, why can't you believe me?" Nene asked.

"I don't care what you do" Richard responded.

"Richard I love you" Nene said helplessly.

"It doesn't matter, I've stopped caring" Richard said.

Nene shook her head "You know, Malik only called me to discuss my parents. He had somehow called my parents and tricked them to come back to Nigeria. He said that he was going to hand them over to the officials once they landed unless I divorce you and marry him" Nene said.

Richard paused and turned to her. She'd never mentioned it, this was a huge surprise.

"That's why I went to see him, I told him that I couldn't leave you.  I love my parents Richard but.... I love you more. I didn't want to lose you so instead I gave my parents to the wolf" Nene sobbed.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" Richard asked.

"How could I tell you?  I don't even understand you these days. You've been distant ever since that Hauwa girl.  I don't trust her one bit" Nene said.

"Where are your parents now?" Richard asked.

"I don't know, all I know is they are going to spend a long time in jail.  It's not that bad, at least they'd be paying for their crimes.  I only wish I could help them" Nene said wrapping her arms around Richard.

Richard sighed "It's okay Nene, I'm sorry  I was distant. I was just working on how to secure our future, and Hauwa has been helping me you know. Very soon Malik would be out of our lives" Richard said.

"He is already. I think I've already gotten him to lose interest in me" Nene said.

"How?" Richard asked.

"I told him I was pregnant" Nene said. "He couldn't deal with a woman with a baggage,  it's a good thing though. He was furious, demanded that I should abort the baby but I told him I couldn't" Nene smiled.

Richard paused thoughtfully. "I thought you were on the pill?" he asked.

"I am,  I just got Dara to pee on a stick for me.  I'm not pregnant, it was a lie but he bought it" Nene said.

Richard sighed and closed his eyes.  He'd hoped she was really pregnant.

Nene felt his heart beats and guessed his thoughts. "If you want a baby though,  we could try sometime this year. After we move out though" Nene said.

"You want a baby too?" Richard asked. He had to know, he didn't want her to do it for him.

"Yeah,  it can't be that bad can it?" Nene asked him chuckling.

Richard smiled, "I don't think so"

4 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2018

"We've lost" Hauwa said closing her eyes.

"Have we?" Malik asked slyly.

"Yes,  you said it yourself, Nene is pregnant and Richard won't give in to temptation. He's stopped talking to me and he's doing quite well without me" Hauwa said rolling her eyes.

"Do you know what that means for you? I'm assuming you do.  It means bye bye granny's legacy.  I'll ruin you Hauwa" Malik threatened.

"Well... What do you want me to do then?" Hauwa asked helplessly. She was tired of playing his games already.

"I want you to reach out to Richard one more time Hauwa. This time go over to his house, for a drink" Malik said.

"Are you kidding me? I just said Richard wouldn't talk to me anymore. Why can't you find another woman?" Hauwa asked exasperated.

Malik held up a tiny bottle. "Look at this,  I got this from my friend at the hospital.  It causes internal bleeding in the brain.  Richard would suffer for one hour and that's it." Malik said handing her the bottle.

"You want me to kill Richard? I would do anything for my grandma's school but definitely not murder" Hauwa said.

"I can put you away for eternity Hauwa.  Do you want to go to jail? There are many things I could frame you for, a lot of corrupt officials I could bribe. Take your pick Hauwa,  your life or Richard's" Malik smiled.

Hauwa shook her head, "If I kill Richard, you'd stop bothering me won't you?" she asked him. A stray tear betrayed her emotions, she didn't want to be a murderer but she had to do it.

"You will cease to exist where I'm concerned" Malik smiled.

"You know killing Richard doesn't mean Nene will marry you" Hauwa said moving closer to him.

"I know but I won't give her a choice. Someone will take the fall for Richard's death,  Nene won't be able to raise her children from prison.  That's where I come in,  I'll give her a get out of jail card in exchange for marriage. She will bend of course and give into me" Malik grinned.

Why hadn't he thought of killing Richard earlier?

Hauwa gasped "You want to frame Nene for death of Richard?" Hauwa asked shocked.

"No,  that's what you'll do.  You have to make it look like she did.  That she found out that Richard was going to leave her for you, she attacked you then went back home to finish off her husband" Malik turned to Hauwa.

"You're obsessed, you're crazy. I can't let you do that" Hauwa said.

"You don't have a choice Hauwa, you will do as I've asked or I swear I'll make you wish you were never born" Malik threatened.

Hauwa nodded.  "So how does this poison work?" she asked.

"Well you'll have to put it in his drink, food or get him to inhale it" Malik replied.

Hauwa eyed the silk handkerchief on the  table. Could she slip a little of it  into his handkerchief?

If he caught her, he'd end her.  She closed her eyes. 

"I need money" Hauwa said.

"What?" Malik asked confused.

"Money, I'm broke.  If you can get me some money, I'll be on my way" Hauwa said.

Malik hissed before getting up.  "Let me get my cheque book"  he said and walked out of the den.

Hauwa sighed and quickly opened the bottle slipping a little bit of the fluid on the expensive silk handkerchief.

"How much?" Malik startled her. 

"Uh...um...enough" Hauwa rushed trying to cork the bottle but the liquid spilled a little staining her hand.

"Shît!" she cursed putting the bottle in her pocket. 

"What is it?" Malik asked coming into back into the den.

"I just remembered a meeting I had rescheduled. I have to go" Hauwa said.

Malik nodded and handed her a cheque. "Here you go,  don't fail me Hauwa" He said sternly.

"I won't....wait there's something on your face" Hauwa picked up the handkerchief.

"What's that?" Malik asked.

"Let me see" she stood on her toes and wiped his nose.  "Still there" she murmured wiping his nose again.

"Gone" she smirked handing him his handkerchief.

Malik looked at her strangely.  "It must have been dust"  Hauwa muttered before walking out.

She pressed her hand to her face in relief as she walked out of the den.

'R. I. P.  bastãrd' she thought as she stepped out of the apartment.

3 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Epilogue¹

Nene

"Nene where are you right ?" Cassie asked frantically the minute  Nene answered her call.  She was at work with her client.

"I'm with a client, could you call me back?" Nene asked.

"No Nene, this is important, could you access the internet and check on LM news station?" Cassie asked.

"No, I'm busy. What's the matter?" Nene asked worried.

"I want you to watch the news that's on now" Cassie said.

"The news,  why?" Nene asked handing over the mood board to her assistant.

"It's Malik" Cassie said.

"Yeah,  what about him?" Nene asked absently. She guessed he'd managed to get her parents arrested.

"He's dead" Cassie said.

"What?!" Nene shouted. Her client looked at her strangely but she didn't care. 

"How,  what happened?" Nene asked moving away from her client.

"He was found dead in his house. I heard the police are still doing some investigation. But it seemed like he was poisoned,  they've released the autopsy report" Cassie said.

"Oh my God, who do you think did it? I'm sure he had a lot of enemies, I can't help but wonder who decided to kill him" Nene said.

"According to the reports from his workers at home,  he died a while after entertaining a visitor. They both had drinks I hear,  Nene you won't believe who   the visitor is" Cassie said.

"Who?" Nene asked breathlessly hoping it wasn't her parents. But why would they want to poison him? except if they'd discovered his trick. No it couldn't be.

"Hauwa,  the fashion blogger. His cook said she left the house in a hurry" Cassie said.

"Hauwa, Richard's Hauwa?" Nene asked.

"Yes,  and Nene she's also dead. They found the poison on her and a cheque of half a million. I don't know what's going on Nene but I think you should call Richard. I've been trying his number" Cassie said.

"Richard left for Ghana, two days ago.  He's not back. He went to get some textiles,  work related" Nene said.

"Oh, okay" Cassie said. "I'll call you later okay?" Cassie said and ended the call.

"What the fück!" Nene sighed before walking back to her office.

"Are you okay Mrs Imoh?" Perdita her assistant asked.

"I'm okay,  please cancel with the client at my office. I have to go home now" Nene said.

"Ma, are you sure?" Perdita asked.

"Damn sure peddy" Nene said before walking away.

"So what's new?" Dara asked Cassie as they met up at Nene's place.

"I read on the net that after Hauwa left.  She tried calling a travel agency to get her a flight to Nairobi" Nene said.

"What does Hauwa have against Malik?" Dara asked.

"I don't know, I've never trusted her. Do you know she died by the same poison?  The doctor's report stated that the both of them accidentally killed themselves" Nene said.

"How does one accidentally poison herself?" Dara asked.

"She must have inhaled the poison or tasted it.  The same thing with Malik, although the officers found out that the poison was purchased from outside of Nigeria and payments was made by Malik's account.  I think he wanted to poison Hauwa but she got him too" Cassie said.

"That's crazy, why would Malik want to poison Hauwa?" Nene asked.

"I don't know, maybe she knows one of his dirty little secrets" Dara said.

Nene sighed. "That's a mystery we'll never unravel" Nene sighed.

She was kind of glad he was gone, everything seemed to have fallen into place.

She and Richard would be fine,  and her parents won't bother to come to the country now what Malik was dead.

A blessing indeed, she smiled inwardly.

3 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
Epilogue²

Cassie

"I've been busy decorating the baby room with Nene.  It's excellent, she used Lavender and Cream.  It seems ideal for the baby, you should see the decor. If you're bringing anything, bring something  with a touch of lilac, purple or Lavender" Cassie said to Dara over the phone before she ended the call .

She walked  back into the nursery with a glass of tomato juice. Recently that was all she craved, tomatoes.  She could eat a whole basket of tomato, yesterday she'd taken two bottles of tomato ketchup right before bed.

"Cassie, this room is so beautiful" Nene gushed at her work.  Being a creative interior decorator was the best thing that had ever happened to her.   The job was fun and that was what drew her in. 

"I know, you should do something with Tiwa's room too. And my bedroom,  I want to redecorate before Christmas" Cassie smirked.

"Is that Tomato juice?" Nene asked. Cassie nodded. "Okay, you need to stop. That's the fourth glass and it's barely an hour" Nene scrunched up her nose out of habit.

Cassie rolled her eyes.  "I can't wait to have my baby" Nene said.

"Are you pregnant?" Cassie asked.

"Nope,  not yet but Richard and I are putting efforts in that department. A little girl this time perhaps" Nene said.

"Holyshit, I think I just peed on myself" Cassie exclaimed.

"Well... Ew" Nene frowned and looked away.

"Holyshit, I think it's the baby" Cassie said grinning.

"Really?" Nene rushed to her side. Cassie nodded.

"I think I should call Tobi" Cassie said.

"Okay, you do that. I'll go get the things for the baby and then we'll drive to the hospital" Nene said moving to the baby's wardrobe.

"Oh damn,  I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable......" Cassie said dialing her husband.

He answered on the first ring. 'Yeah,  hello.  How's the decor going sweetheart?' Tobi asked immediately.

"Baby....our peanut is dropping today.  You'll meet me an Nene at the hospital won't you?" Cassie said ignoring Nene's horrified look.

What? Peanut seemed like an adorable nickname.

'The baby is coming?' Tobi asked a little alarmed.

"Yeah... Oh... Yes... The baby is really coming" Cassie replied.

'Like right now?' Tobi asked dumbly.

Cassie rolled her eyes "Yes genius, right now. You better start going to the hospital. I'm not pushing till I see you" Cassie said.

"we'll see about that" Nene smirked.

"Oh she's so adorable, look at her pink cheeks" Dara cooed.

"Her eyes are grey and the hair....wow. We have an albino, must be all that tomato juice" Nene teased.

"Apparently Tobi's grandma was an albino.  Do you know he never mentioned it till now" Cassie looked to Tobi.

"Well... She's really beautiful. Have you guys decided on a name?" Dara asked.

"Yeah,  well you know tradition. We can't tell till the naming ceremony" Cassie winked.

"Right....and it's going to be a blast.  I trust Yoruba people" Dara said watching the little mouth of the baby pout to yawn.

"You know it" Tobi winked.

"I can't wait for my delivery date. Can't believe I'm having twins again. Two freaking boys,  I can't wait to offload and get on the pill.  I feel like a whale" Dara moaned.

"Sweetheart, you look like a whale" Nene said looking at Dara's massive baby bump.

"Thanks for killing my self esteem. Now I know why Jidenna moved out of the bedroom. He needed space, apparently I was suffocating him with my bump" Dara rolled her eyes.

Nene scoffed, she still clearly despised Jidenna. Nothing could make her like that man.

It didn't matter what her opinion was anyway. He made her friend happy and that was all that mattered.

Happiness.

5 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2018
Nene

"You know I hate surprises sweetheart, come on tell me.  What's this about?" Nene asked chuckling a little.

"Fine,  come on in" Richard said smiling.

Nene sighed and walked into the room.  "What's this?" she asked looking at the table. 

"That's our house plan Nene,  well......your house plan" Richard smiled.

"My house....as in....you're building me a house.  I mean.... Richard. Are you?" she asked.

"I did promise you a house,  and a lot of things. Well... Since things are going well for both of us,  I figured I could start fulfilling my promises" Richard said.

"Uhn....baby now you're going to tear me up" Nene hugged her husband.

"It's so beautiful, I love it already and it's not even done" Nene muttered wiping a little tear away.

"And you can do the decor all by yourself sweetheart. What do you think?" Richard asked.

"I think... You're the best thing that has ever happened to me in all my life." Nene said thinking about the past few months.

Richard had been so busy with his fashion line and she'd barely seen him with all that travelling.

She'd been jealous too,  after he launched his lingerie line,  the attention he got from a lot of women was frustrating.

Some even had the nerve to buy him gifts,  send him cards, invite him over for lunch and a lot of other things women did to get men.

It drove her mad,  she smiled now knowing that none of it actually mattered.

Richard belonged to her and those other women were only wasting their time.

"I do have a surprise for you too" Nene winked.

"Are you pregnant?" Richard asked grinning.

Nene frowned now a little upset "You just had to ruin the surprise didn't you?" Nene said.

"So you are pregnant" Richard said. "Yes I'm pregnant, bun is in the oven.  Finally, you can take a break" Nene teased.

"Think we're going to have twins?" Richard  asked. "No!  God forbid, no" Nene replied thinking of Dara's boys Ikenna and Ikechi.

"Maybe a girl this time sweetheart" Nene said.

"A girl sounds lovely.  One that looks exactly like her mother" Richard kissed her shoulder.

"I love you so much Richard Imoh" Nene sobbed kissing her husband's cheek.

"Love you more" Richard rubbed her head.

6 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
In which she closes the book.

You all have been very sweet and patient. I love you all, and thanks for reading on till the end of the book.

Hope I see you all in my next book.

11 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Giannaaaaaa: 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2018
Excerpt

Burned.

"All I wanted right after I graduated was a family. A husband and a lot of kids"

"You got your wish didn't you?"

"Did i? It's been eight years, no children, my husband....you should see the way he looks at me. Like am a curse, I am a curse. I can't even give him children"

"You're still young, you will have children. You will get your wish"

"Soon I'll be thirty, maybe I shouldn't have married him. Maybe I should have waited for you"

"I wouldn't have made you happy, you said it yourself"

"Maybe I was wrong, I don't know. Maybe marriage wasn't meant for me, maybe I do not deserve family. Maybe I should have chased a career"

"Enough about the maybes, what do you want now?"

"Happiness, I want to be happy"

"And you think I can help you?"

"I don't know, I just want you to try"

"I can't help you. You should leave"

He hardened his heart but not for long because the tears that ran down her face broke his heart.

"I just want a child, just one" she sobbed.

He nodded because there was nothing in this world he wouldn't do for her.

Anticipate Burned.

First chapter dropping tomorrow.

New thread up!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Crowniey(f): 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2018
After many weeks you came back to give us this. nice updates. hope Hauwa won't be caught Sha.
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Crowniey(f): 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
And it was a happy ending for the three friends. nice story enjoyed it and I learnt a lot. keep it up
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by thiolhuwar09(f): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Yaay!!! thanks for the updates Ginaaaaaa. Beautiful story, very interesting
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
Wow! Thanks for the updatessssssssss Giannaaaaaa.
Re: Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ by Samrat01(m): 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
Wow wow wow welcome back Giannaaa Awesome story Anticipating your next story

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Den Of Delilah / Prisoner Of Love: The Story / The Return of Madly In Love With A Non-human(SECOND CHANCE)SEASON 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 309
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.