Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,482 members, 7,901,355 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:55 AM

Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? (2407 Views)

Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? / How Much Is Nigeria Worth / Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Kobojunkie: 3:28am On Jun 01, 2010
For the people and not the country? Is there a particular people you are more willing to die for or something? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by jumobi1(m): 4:05am On Jun 01, 2010
Nigeria was constructed by Lugard. I like the people but I don't really believe in the country. If Nigeria was invaded, i'll fight cos I love my people,
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Ikengawo: 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2010
i see why nigeria is having a hard time developing.

its citizens suck.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by oderemo(m): 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2010
its citizens suck

cos most don't agree with your opinion?
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2010
ode remo:

cos most don't agree with your opinion?

zzzing!!! lol
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ifele(m): 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2010
Nigerian people are worth loving but the system of government generates hopelessness. If Nigeria was invaded I would be glad to fight for

her freedoms.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by philip0906(m): 12:05am On Jun 02, 2010
@OP
ofcourse it is worth dying 4.abi u no want state burial and flag wey ur papa go get? grin grin
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by osifred(m): 1:53am On Jun 02, 2010
DYING FOR MY COUNTRY INDEED. NIGERIA HAS KILLED ME ALREADY HOW ELSE CAN I DIE FOR HER AGAIN.

ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 1000 I CAN DIE FOR HER FOR ONLY 2 TIMES
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by femmy2010(m): 11:01am On Jun 02, 2010
I cant die for Nigeria,if a war should erupt today i rather ran to Cotonou and live a live of a refugee than stay back fighting
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ifele(m): 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2010
Going to Cotonou is a good plan in case of war. I used to think about it too.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Ikengawo: 7:04am On Jun 03, 2010
running in the face of a fight.
text book coward lol.

the both of you.
one of you even said you sat up at night and fantasized about running to cotonou. lol

i can put money you're both yoruba.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by SegzyJoe(m): 8:57am On Jun 03, 2010
If Nigeria is not worth dying for, would you have preferred to die for Ghana or Liberia?
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by femmy2010(m): 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
I would prefer to Die for a Country that would celebrate my death.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by gogo123: 4:27pm On Jun 03, 2010
i thought we are already dead in this hell hole, what could be worse, common lay off me
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2010
femmy2010:

I would prefer to Die for a Country that would celebrate my death.

Hear, Hear!!!
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by femmy2010(m): 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
If they would remember my heroic deed then i would
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by oderemo(m): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2010
the both of you.
one of you even said you sat up at night and fantasized about running to cotonou. lol

i can put money you're both Yoruba.

your sentiment is boundless. ; cool cool cool
armchair warrior.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:29am On Jun 04, 2010
Ikengawo, commot. The construct called "Nigeria" is not worth fighting or dying for. Not in my eyes. No, not at all. Instead, I would invest all that fighting and dying energy into my own people; not Nigeria.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Ikengawo: 11:57am On Jun 09, 2010
the 'construction' called nigeria is worth fighting for because it's my country and my family lives there.

if someone is attacking nigeria they are attacking my grandmother, grandfather, father, uncles aunts cousins village home and land i will be inheriting.

i would be a piece of sh^t like the rest of you not to defend it because it doesn't have stable electricity.

i hate you people and the more i read your posts the more i see why whites were able to dominate you so easily.

in the end of the day you were born to be a slave.
true talk
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by canuck(m): 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ Topic

From the responses so far, over 98% of Nigerians are not prepared to die for Nigeria - Any wonder why Nigeria is not worth living in?

Herein lies the bane of Nigeria - Citizens and leaders are cut from the same cloth.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by canuck(m): 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
gogo123:

i thought we are already dead in this hell hole, what could be worse, common lay off me

LOL! Very pointed.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ikengawo, don't be overly sentimental. You're in the same 'slave boat' with the rest of us. So just deal with it. Again, plain and simple, when push comes to shove, I side with my people; not a construct with which I feel little to no connection with.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Ikengawo: 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
6get out of my face lol, you're a coward.
i dont care how much english you're ready to speak, you're a coward
if you can't defend the land your ancestors are buried in you don't deserve to live because you're just a free loader of oxygen and water.

you're a piece of sh^t dude, through and through.

@ Topic

From the responses so far, [size=15pt]over 98% of Nigerians are not prepared to die for Nigeria - Any wonder why Nigeria is not worth living in?[/size]

Herein lies the bane of Nigeria - [size=15pt]Citizens and leaders are cut from the same cloth.[/size]

exactly! both of these scum bags don't care about anything but themselves. they think their country exists for the sole purpose of making them rich and when it hasn't (which no country will ever make you rich, silly) they declare they hate it and it failed.

no, you hate you're self because you failed lol.
none of them are ready to do anything selfless for the country. the only reason that have for such shameless cowardice is that politicians aren't ready to do anything selfless for the country. hypocrits

this is why white ppl were able to make you slaves.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2010
Now you're just being silly and appearing irrational Ikengawo. Who here said they would not fight to defend the land of their ancestors? I can't say definitively, but I do feel that many will at least make an effort in the defense of the land of their ancestors, but understand that Nigeria is not the land of their ancestors.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ifele(m): 1:00am On Jun 11, 2010
I love the Nigerian people but its getting harder to do so cos of hopelessness. I respect the Army,Navy and AirForce but they have to stop waging war

on the people and just listen to their voices and help them. We are all human beings. Warring and plundering is never going to help anyone in Nigeria

let us just respect one another and work to get out of our problems. Each Nigerian has to change their behavior for the better. We have to start

treating one another right. I Love Nigeria.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Ikengawo: 3:27am On Jun 11, 2010
Now you're just being silly and appearing irrational Ikengawo. Who here said they would not fight to defend the land of their ancestors? I can't say definitively, but I do feel that many will at least make an effort in the defense of the land of their ancestors, but understand that Nigeria is not the land of their ancestors.
hey genius. if you look on a map of where your ancestors are buried, and zoom out you'll notice it's in a country called nigeria.

my ancestors are buried on nigerian soil
my blood is nigerian
my father is nigeria
my mother is nigeria
my people are a nigerian people
my family members are in nigeria
my family land is in nigeria
my father will be buried in nigeria

i would be a total and complete piece of sh^t not to die for any of this. If im too much of a coward to defend any of this then point blank im a coward cause there's little else worth defending.

you want to act like Nigeria means obasanjo. idk if you ever noticed but when any of us are in nigeria we dont see obasanjo. We see out family, our land, and everything we have been given by god to keep forever. you like the rest of this website are psychotically unable to appreciate what God has given you and won't realize that's why he gives you so little.

cowardly pieces of sh^t.
a person who can't defend his god given land is not a man. you're a piece of sh^t
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:41am On Jun 11, 2010
My friend, relax. To me, Nigeria is an economic territory, and not the land of my ancestors. The land of my ancestors is located east of the Niger river. A country can always change, break down, negotiate boundary adjustment and etc., but one thing I know for sure is that I will remain Ngwa 'til I die. That is where my roots lie, and that is the land of my ancestors. So calm down, and face the reality of it all, which is that I will neither fight nor die for "Nigeria". It's that simple. Sorry that it doesn't conform with you're thoughts, though.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by vinooh: 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2010
Obasanjo said nigeria worth dying for,but he ceded nigeria land to cameroon.why?maybe odi and sakibiam people died for nigeria
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Ikengawo: 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
because that's what the international court decided,
My friend, relax. To me, Nigeria is an economic territory, and not the land of my ancestors. The land of my ancestors is located east of the Niger river. A country can always change, break down, negotiate boundary adjustment and etc., but one thing I know for sure is that I will remain Ngwa 'til I die. That is where my roots lie, and that is the land of my ancestors. So calm down, and face the reality of it all, which is that I will neither fight nor die for "Nigeria". It's that simple. Sorry that it doesn't conform with you're thoughts, though.
alright dude. your ancestors are buried in finland and your grandmother lives in china. cool.
if someone is attacking nigeria 'east of the niger river' is in threat too. if someone intends on attacking nigeria they're not going to spare 'east of the niger river' just because you decided 'east of the niger river' isn't america.
you're a coward. stop speaking english and be blunt, just say you're a coward.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ChinenyeN(m): 8:16pm On Jun 11, 2010
That's actually a good point you just raised. Now let me see, if someone attacked Nigeria then I guess that I'd still end up looking out for the land of my ancestors. Not saying that I'd neglect other regions. . Just that the security of my people will be my primary objective. So, I fail to understand how I'm a coward, when after all, I've said here several times that I will invest my fighting and dying in securing my people. Is that a problem?
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ChinenyeN(m): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2010
I plan on confronting threats to my people, and I'm sorry if you and I don't share the same definition of 'my people'. That isn't a reason for you to get overly sentimental. Given the same situation, you and I would do the same things, just not for the same reasons. So what is the problem?
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Ikengawo: 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2010
ok then what's you're ppl?
igbo ppl? do you really think if someone is attacking NIGERIA they will give a rats ass about igbo and ijaw?
do you think anyone outside of nigeria gives a rats ass about tribes?

nigerians are your and my people. even if you have family members you dont like they're still ur family

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are The Police Check Points Back? / 8 Years Of Uncommon Profligacy & Akpabio's Squandering Of Akwa Ibom Commonwealth / Edo PDP Lawmaker Feared Killed By Alleged APC Thugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.