Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,913 members, 7,949,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

I spoke to Ronaldo, I can now go to heaven - Very Touching Read . . . - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I spoke to Ronaldo, I can now go to heaven - Very Touching Read . . . (754 Views)

See What Lionel Messi Supporters Did To Ronaldo Statue In His Hometown / Messi Is A God Compared To Ronaldo - Koke / Ronaldo-i Would Be In Prison If I Say What I Think About Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I spoke to Ronaldo, I can now go to heaven - Very Touching Read . . . by kosovo(m): 1:48am On May 30, 2010
My name is Dan Gaspar and I want to share a story about Cristiano Ronaldo. It’s a story that I’m sure you are not aware of, but one that needs to be told.  I believe in destiny - this is an example. Behind the superstar celebrity is a genuine and caring human being. 

I was fortunate to be invited by Professor Carlos Queiroz, Portugal National Team Coach to join their staff for qualification for the 2010 World Cup  I have worked with Carlos before, and I felt honored to be a part Portugal’s preparation.   

Not long after, I received a phone call from a good friend, John Moreira. John has worked at Star Goalkeeper Academy, a camp which I own. He and his family are good friends of mine and have been for many years. His son Brandon, who was a quality soccer player, was experiencing knee problems.The doctors initially thought that he was suffering from a soccer injury. It turned out that Brandon had Osteosarcoma (bone cancer). 

The Moreiras had a difficult decision to make; amputate the leg or receive chemotherapy in the hopes that they could catch all of the cancer. Brandon’s passion was football. The thought of having one of his legs amputated was devastating to the teenager. He couldn’t imagine a life with one of his legs missing.The family opted for chemotherapy 

Throughout this trying period, John had kept in touch with me and regularly updated me on Brandon’s status.  So it was devastating to hear that not only did the chemo fail to shrink the size of the tumor, but the cancer had metastasized to other parts of the body. John and I shared a special bond, and I felt compelled to be there for my friend and his family. I jumped onto a plane and flew to Toronto. 

Brandon was a very special young man. Instead of me offering Brandon support and courage, Brandon gave me much more than I could give him. He was calm, brave and his warrior-spirit imbued his house with a sense of peace. He was an inspiration. Despite having lost considerable weight and entangled in oxygen tubes, in his soft-spoken voice he always managed to say just the right thing.  He pleaded with everyone to not be angry and told us that God is good. Sixteen years old!  That was his gift to all of us. 

Continue this touching story here!
Re: I spoke to Ronaldo, I can now go to heaven - Very Touching Read . . . by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 6:19am On May 30, 2010
whao'very funny,hope he wont be disappointed when he later find himself in hell.
Re: I spoke to Ronaldo, I can now go to heaven - Very Touching Read . . . by medjai(m): 6:39am On May 30, 2010
very touching indeed. We cant really tell who players from what we see on TV.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Greatest Nigeria Starting 11 Of All Time? / Freelance Sports Journalist Wanted / Lagos United 1 Liberty Pros. Of Ghana 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.