Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,677 members, 7,902,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 10:45 PM

Help My Beans! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help My Beans! (2397 Views)

Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / Weevil Has Finished My Beans,how Can I Preserve Beans? / Your Akara(beans Cake) & Moi-moi, Made Easier Wit My Beans Flour. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Beans! by oyinda3(f): 2:36am On May 30, 2010
I saw some cheap beans on sale at the store yesterday so I got them.
as I was cooking them this afternoon, i notice that they were taking SO MUCH LONGER to cook than the regular black eyed beans i used to get.  shocked shocked
i gave up after 4 hours and put the pepper because i needed to go out. now I regret it because the beans isn't fully cooked yet but it will burn if i keep cooking it.
Nairalanders, is there away to salvage this beans? I mean is there a way to cook them without getting it burnt?
I mean it's eatable but it is not very soft as i want it.   cry cry cry

yea i should have soaked it b4 hand but i've never worked with this kind of beans b4 and now i've learned my lesson to stick with black eyed peas.
Re: Help My Beans! by oyinda3(f): 3:22am On May 30, 2010
cry cry plz help
Re: Help My Beans! by dayokanu(m): 4:54am On May 30, 2010
take the beans out of the old pot and put in a new pot with new water and cook
Re: Help My Beans! by oyinda3(f): 5:46am On May 30, 2010
thanks but I already put pepper, salt, oil and everything in it
we were able to eat it. it's not bad. just not as soft as i wanted.
Re: Help My Beans! by Woke4all(m): 9:02am On May 30, 2010
Boil till they are soft before adding other ingredients or

Add potash and if it's still like that forget it and just grind them for moi-moi
Re: Help My Beans! by oyinda3(f): 7:17pm On May 30, 2010
yea i added other ingredients out of frustration since i've been cooking for 4 hrs+ shocked
they are pretty good now actually. I just cooked it again this morning on really low heat for about 30 min and stirred every 10 min or so. now it's pretty soft.

thanks for the potash idea. i'll use that next time when i face a similar problem.
Re: Help My Beans! by Woke4all(m): 9:36pm On May 30, 2010
^^
It seems beans is ur favourite. Is it?
Re: Help My Beans! by oyinda3(f): 10:27pm On May 30, 2010
well i like beans ok. i like other foods too. grin

are u a cook? seems only guys answered this topic. what a surprise
Re: Help My Beans! by Woke4all(m): 10:34pm On May 30, 2010
^
Yes and no
Re: Help My Beans! by Woke4all(m): 10:34pm On May 30, 2010
^
Yes and no
Re: Help My Beans! by tayoast(m): 12:44am On May 31, 2010
u cooked d beans for 4hrs and its not 'soft'?
lemme c. . . . wats d name of d beans u bought?
It could be d ones I released into d mkt days back tongue
Re: Help My Beans! by oyinda3(f): 1:58am On May 31, 2010
lol. i think it's called pinto beans or something like that. maybe they were expired beans
Re: Help My Beans! by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On May 31, 2010
beanshead
Re: Help My Beans! by bigfather(m): 6:05pm On May 31, 2010
That beans is the most stubborn beans i've ever seen on earth ! They are basically good for moi-moi !
Re: Help My Beans! by yme1(f): 7:00pm On May 31, 2010
here is what you should do next time
fill the pot of beans with water add your onion and maggi and leave to cook
with in 1_2 hours its gonna be soft
there is no need soaking it
Re: Help My Beans! by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 31, 2010
put in slow cooker and cook for upwards of 6 hours, or overnight.

i'm not sure i've ever cooked these though.
Re: Help My Beans! by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On May 31, 2010
Just take it back to the seller, that na fake beans
Re: Help My Beans! by tayoast(m): 8:42pm On May 31, 2010
better still, get urself a pressure pot.
under 30mins, ur beans don do!!
Re: Help My Beans! by dominique(f): 9:57pm On May 31, 2010
next time, you don't buy that variety of beans. reminds me of a time back in '02 when my dad brought home a weird variety of beans. he had warned that it will take time to cook and we should at any point in time use the gas cooker, we should use electricity instead. i never expected we will take the whole day cooking darn beans!!! the whole thing took about 8 hours shocked shocked, we kept adding water, adding water, adding water. the thing no gree soft angry. we had to change pots twice along the line cos it got burnt. by the time it was cooked, we were so disgusted by it, it was only my dad that ate it. years later we realised that it was a tactic he used for us to stay indoors cos he was not used to leaving us alone for so long grin

2 Likes

Re: Help My Beans! by teewhydope(m): 10:11am On Jan 16, 2023
dominique:
next time, you don't buy that variety of beans. reminds me of a time back in '02 when my dad brought home a weird variety of beans. he had warned that it will take time to cook and we should at any point in time use the gas cooker, we should use electricity instead. i never expected we will take the whole day cooking darn beans!!! the whole thing took about 8 hours shocked shocked, we kept adding water, adding water, adding water. the thing no gree soft angry. we had to change pots twice along the line cos it got burnt. by the time it was cooked, we were so disgusted by it, it was only my dad that ate it. years later we realised that it was a tactic he used for us to stay indoors cos he was not used to leaving us alone for so long grin

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Have U Heard Of Brabisco? / Oven Dried Catfish For Sale. Fully Spiced With Medicinal Herbs / 15 Reasons Why You Must Not Eat Pork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.