Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,307 members, 7,967,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 06:57 AM

Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects (13880 Views)

AMCON Seizes Mansion Of Abdulfatah Ahmed Over 5b Debt: Pics & Video / Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Dumps APC / Abdulfatah Ahmed Hints Of Dumping APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by galadima77(m): 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2018
chilariye:
Senate Should Pass A Bill To Stop Employment Age Discrimination. What happens to the youths above 30 years? Are they not Nigerians? Who should provide jobs for them? Considering the struggle and delay that Nigerian Youths go through to have a university education coupled with incessant strikes, there should be NO age barrier to job employment. If FG jobs can peg age limit at 30, why should we still allow politicians to contest at age above 60 years? Check FRSC, Nigeria Prison Service, Police recruitment and the likes, the maximum age limit is between 28-30 years.
Job seekers are confronted with many barriers. Of all the problems, age appears to take the lead. Even when the applicant is qualified for the job, his age can be an obstacle, writes MUYIWA LUCAS.
THE number of the country’s unemployed youths may continue to grow in leaps and bounds. This is because of a seeming clog employers have placed in the way of job seekers. Presently, not only must a job seeker graduate with very high grades, his age at the time of seeking employment has now become as equally important as his good grades.
At business districts, they are noticeable as they comb the streets in a well dressed suit, moving from offices to offices to submit job applications but during the short-listing; most companies dump their applications despite their impressive CV.
Hakeem Akintunde used to be a victim of age barrier in the labour market but the US visa lottery which he won in 2013 helped him out of the quagmire. He finished his degree at the age of 28 but most of the jobs he applied for turned him down because he did not qualify for age benchmark of 25 at a new generation bank among several others.
He is not alone. Uche Chiwendu finished her degree at the age of 26 from University of Port Harcourt with 2.1 grade in Accounting. She applied for a job at a leading auditing firm in Lagos. She was called for interview but at the final stage of the interview which she passed, the head of the interview team praised her for displaying excellence performance. She was however told that part of the company policy is that any candidate at the entry level should not be more than 23yrs. Chiwendu almost collapsed.
Sometimes in 2013, Tue July 2, KPMG International, a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services advertised job vacancy for graduate trainee copied on www. with job reference number J2013. With 100 slots available in Lagos, the company requested that interested candidates should posses’ first class or second class (Upper) in any discipline, five O’level credits (including English & Math) at one sitting with an age ceaveat: “Not more than 26 years.”
Age discrimination in employment has become a major problem facing graduates and non-graduates in Nigeria. It has continued to enhance the unemployment situation in the country. Take a look at vacancy adverts in Nigeria and you will see how they are equipped with age restrictions and sometime certificate barriers. A typical example reads, “Candidate must not be more than 25 years of age, must possess a good university degree with a second class honours (Upper division). Candidate must have at least 10 to 15 years of experience”. Emphasis hardly placed on competence.
Sadly, a practice which was mainly associated with the banking industry has spread to other sectors. Today, government institutions Champion this course. Even foreign companies indulge in the practice when they do not have similar conditions in their own countries.
President General of Trade Union Congress (TUC) Comrade Bobooi Bala described age barrier in employment requirement as an unwholesome development.
“In other parts of the world, employers look at your competence. They never bother with your age as long as you can do the work efficiently. In the US, you see people still getting new jobs at 50; people are still working at 60 years. There is another thing they do here. They ask for seven, eight years experience. Can anybody acquire experience without first getting a job? It is really sad. People are taking advantage of the unemployment situation.”
Akintunde Ojo, a businessman, said employers are not inserting the age clause to prevent any class of people from getting employed. They are just looking for the best in terms of efficiency and disposition.
“You know the older you are, the tendency for you to be slowed down by age. I also tried in vain to get paid employment. My inability to get a job after six years of leaving the university, made me go into auto spares business.”
He, however, added that not everyone would be able to raise capital from family members like he did. He appealed to employers to consider the state of the nation and try to remove the age clause from vacancy adverts.
Comrade Lateef Oyelekan, President, National Union of Food Beverage and Tobacco Employees (NUFBTE), appealed to employers to remove the age clause, and consider competence instead of insisting on employing people within a certain age bracket only. He said they should also consider experience in their search for workers as experience goes hand in hand with age.
“Many people are frustrated, not because they cannot acquire the necessary qualification needed to secure employment, but because employers make them feel rejected. Many have lost hope.
“Employers should consider older citizens who have the required qualification for jobs,” he said.
The National Assemby has made efforts in the past to ensure that employers at all levels remove age barrier clause in their employment criteria. An Act to prohibit age discrimination in employment in the public and private Sectors in Nigeria sponsored by Hon. Hassan El-Badawywas debated but nothing has come out of the assembly.
With age discrimination in the labour market, a job recruitment expert, Mr. Michael Omole, said most Nigerians studying part time programmes without being engaged in a job already might not have a company to employ them as a result of age barrier which prevented them from going to school on time. He said government should enact the bill on age discrimination in other to make companies stop this act.
Source: https://www.thenationonlineng.net/age-barrier

Very good observations.... Now the law makers/breakers won't see important issues like this to debate on... only how to increase budget and their fat allowances..
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by Akinpelumusibau: 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
megafem1:
Plz help me
I mistakenly recharge #10,000 on my glo. The money is part of my school fees. Kindly buy card from me on 07056897107

ME = Oga pls sell go card for me
YOU = how much sir
ME = Sell #500 glo recharge card for
YOU = wey ur money
ME = pls sell credit for me i will pay later
YOU = no credit today come tomorrow
ME = Oloriburuku ni eeeeeee Igbo

1 Like

Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by Oolawepo(m): 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2018
What kind of cheap blackmails are all these. Police now using criminals to lie. Before it was Dino, now its Saraki and the governor. How much did they steal from bank that they can't have. Abeg Yeye
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by contigiency(m): 10:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
For those that feel it is a witchunt against saraki for his seemingly opposition to the government of Buhari, you can now see that the truth is gradually coming out. Until the governor shows evidence of how the youth empowerment was advertised and how the beneficiaries will emerge and how much the single obligor limit is, coupled with the list of the beneciaries showing the number of people he paid the same amount at the same period he gave to this hoodlums, this his statement remains a mirage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by contigiency(m): 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
Oolawepo:
What kind of cheap blackmails are all these. Police now using criminals to lie. Before it was Dino, now its Saraki and the governor. How much did they steal from bank that they can't have. Abeg Yeye

Police is not inviting saraki because he sent the boys to go and steal. Rather for the fact that part of the arms they used were said to have been provided for them by those indicted for other crimes they have carried out for them. Even the car (jeep) they used were given to them by the governor. That is why the governor is admitting that the money given to the hoodlums was for empowerment and not for him to use and buy a car. Not knowing, if i am correct, that he was empowering them in their rubbery business.

2 Likes

Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by GavelSlam: 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
AprokoGirl:
cry

Read their Various Confessions and See Full Pictures of the Robbery Squad Here ..

Check Here : https://vangurdng.com/7629/confessions-offa-bank-robbers/

This your bait using vanguard whilst actually being aproko blog would backfire soon..

Vanguard Vangurd.
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by slysteel: 12:22am On Jun 04, 2018
yarimo:
Fatai ahmed you and your gangster godfather SARAKI must face the law, Ibrahim idris the police IG may God bless you for making sure nobody is above the law.
Ordinary goat like you
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by slysteel: 12:24am On Jun 04, 2018
This present IG is an ordinary goat,you think you can go about framing people abi?
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by windwayltd: 1:46am On Jun 04, 2018
Governor We don't need your response yet hold it there, go to the police station first and tell them your stories we are not the once that invited U Mr man. Or stay quit as immunity cover u because you will surely say what you just say no be me.

2 Likes

Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by Abillsable: 4:28am On Jun 04, 2018
Really ,which face....lol.Isnt that a random picture?You Nigerians are amazingly unintelligent.Lol
Sunnick:
It all written in his face. This is Nigeria
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by serikiYCU(m): 5:46am On Jun 04, 2018
Hmmmm, this could truly be a political matter just to nail Saraki by all means knowing fully well that police and politicians can go any length.
However, the governor claiming they empower youth through SME (car gift?) should spare us that crab. Who is he fooling. Let them man up to their actions. The entire people of Kwara knows the caliber of people you gave Toyota corolla and Lexus SUV.

One day, you will all account for your actions even if the government of this world can't bring you to justice.
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by bornolowu(m): 6:08am On Jun 04, 2018
Bolusticus:
So, an armed robber that knows the dire consequences of blackmailing of an ordinary LG Chairman will just wake up one morning and accuse a sitting governor of sponsorship?

Just like that?
if you are beaten very well and starved you will even implicate mr Trump. Stop believing everything which makes you moronic.
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by mfm04622: 8:10am On Jun 04, 2018
dynasty01:

don't mind them Abeg.... am still wondering how much they robbed from the bank that a governor or Senate president can't have

Can we understand issues before commenting? The Police is accusing Saraki and Kwara Government of buying a car and giving them arms to be used for polical thuggery but the boys used those things for armed robbery. Police is not saying Saraki and the governor were involved in the armed robbery but they provided part of arms and vehicles used during the robbery. So with this information, should the Police invite Saraki or not?
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by mfm04622: 8:11am On Jun 04, 2018
bornolowu:
if you are beaten very well and starved you will even implicate mr Trump. Stop believing everything which makes you moronic.

What is the vehicle used during the robbery doing in Government house?
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by newslifeop: 9:01am On Jun 04, 2018
hmmm
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by Aubrey1(m): 10:41am On Jun 04, 2018
APC will soon blame PDP concerning this matter
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by bornolowu(m): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
mfm04622:

What is the vehicle used during the robbery doing in Government house?
lolzzzzz.....such a daft question. No one robs with his car what robbers do worldwide is to snatch or steal a vehicle , rob with it and dump it not to mention using a vehicle with a noted plate number. Saraki also does not drive such a vehicle ( lexus 300).. Use your head my dear!!
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by mfm04622: 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
bornolowu:
lolzzzzz.....such a daft question. No one robs with his car what robbers do worldwide is to snatch or steal a vehicle , rob with it and dump it not to mention using a vehicle with a noted plate number. Saraki also does not drive such a vehicle ( lexus 300).. Use your head my dear!!

Please don't insult me.

Yes, they usually do that, but that was not done in this case. The car was not dumped after the operation, rather it was taken to Kwara State Government house and the car was registered again. If they have no link to the State Government, how did they have access to the Government House to park the car?
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by bornolowu(m): 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2018
mfm04622:

Please don't insult me.

Yes, they usually do that, but that was not done in this case. The car was not dumped after the operation, rather it was taken to Kwara State Government house and the car was registered again. If they have no link to the State Government, how did they have access to the Government House to park the car?
It is obvious you wont reason otherwise and I don't have time to waste.. I wonder how a normal person will think that the senate president and governor will attempt to rob 5 banks and get less than 50million from the counter since they cannot assess the safe..
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by mfm04622: 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2018
bornolowu:
It is obvious you wont reason otherwise and I don't have time to waste.. I wonder how a normal person will think that the senate president and governor will attempt to rob 5 banks and get less than 50million from the counter since they cannot assess the safe..

1. Go and read what they are being accused of instead of jumping to conclusions
2. You need to calm down and reason.
3. Come back and apologize after reading and understanding what the whole thing is about. Don't have time to be teaching comprehension
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by bornolowu(m): 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
mfm04622:

1. Go and read what they are being accused of instead of jumping to conclusions
2. You need to calm down and reason.
3. Come back and apologize after reading and understanding what the whole thing is about. Don't have time to be teaching comprehension
I have looked at your picture to assess if i'm talking with someone that at least looks reasonable but since I can't see one, I will just pass. Continue in whatever you wish to believe .
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by mfm04622: 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
bornolowu:
I have looked at your picture to assess if i'm talking with someone that at least looks reasonable but since I can't see one, I will just pass. Continue in whatever you wish to believe .

Go and do the assignment you were given. Simple. Will wait for your apology
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by mfm04622: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2018
bornolowu:

Let me just help since I doubt you can do it on your own.

The Nigerian Police DID NOT accuse Saraki of being an armed robber, sponsoring the robbery or benefitting from the robbery.
Some of the armed robbers claimed they work for Saraki as thugs and Saraki gave them 2 guns and a vehicle. They used the vehicle for the robbery. That is why the Police invited Saraki. The said car was recovered from Kwara State Government House. So is the Police right in inviting Saraki? Or because Saraki is the Senate President, Police should not investigate such allegations against him?
Re: Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects by mfm04622: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2018
bornolowu:

Brethren, let us check these facts together.

1. The Lexus SUV was used for the robbery. Fact.

2. The gang leader went into hiding after the robbery and sent someone to park the SUV in the premises of kwara state ministry of environment. Fact

3. After his arrest he confess where he parked the car and who he sent. Fact.

4. The guy that parked the car in the ministry of environment has been arrested and he confirmed and confessed to parking the car there. Fact.

5. The SUV was not found there but was later recovered in the government house. Fact

6. The guy that drove the car from ministry of environment to the government house has been arrested. Fact

7. The guy that drove the car to government house said he did so on the instruction of the chief of staff to the governor, the chief of staff has been arrested. Fact

8. The vehicle in question was a gift from SP and have saraki LOGO/NAME has the plate number when it was ditched by the gang leader but after his arrest the plate number was removed and replaced with the registered number on the instruction of the chief of staff, the plate number has been recovered. Fact.

9. Some of these robbers and cultist earlier arrested are on the pay roll of both KWSG and SP according to bank statement obtained by the police. Fact.

10. The KWSG never denied this boys nor denied cash transactions between them but they call it "empowerment " . fact.

Children of God, let me repeat, Senate President /KWSG cannot send them to rob a bank BUT by arming them they have to proof their innocence.

Remember the sole purpose of gun is to kill and maim.

Gun no be walking stick.
https://web.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1765437646848026&set=pcb.1765437703514687&type=3

The link is picture of the man with Saraki

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP To Sack National Secretariat Workers / Ohanaeze Secretary To Tinubu: Shelve Your Presidential Bid To Preserve Nigeria’s / Peter Obi To Speaks At The Chatham House Today, Monday 16 January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.