Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,066 members, 7,966,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 08:25 AM

Hi All Athiest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hi All Athiest (736 Views)

Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? / How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest / Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi All Athiest by beloveeed: 10:22am On May 30, 2010
hello all

i really wish to appreciate all athiest as well as thiest on this forum and hope a lot will be acheived.

beloveeed
Re: Hi All Athiest by beloveeed: 10:33am On May 30, 2010
reading thru most of the post by both athiest and thiest have been quite interesting. it has enabled me to view things from different angles but the good thing about all this discussion (heat debates atimes) is that it makes me question my belief but after doing my research both on the forum and online, it goes to instead stengthen my belief.

i wish to say thanks to all the contributors, my faith has been tested yet i am convinced the more in my belief.
Re: Hi All Athiest by manmustwac(m): 12:51pm On May 30, 2010
beloveeed:

i wish to say thanks to all the contributors, my faith has been tested yet i am convinced the more in my belief.
So you still believe that Jonah lived inside a whale for 3 days or the building of the tower of babel which was tall enough to reach Heaven or that Noah manage to get two of each spiecies of every animal on the planet into his Arc?

Besides i don't think its your faith that is being tested. Its your ability to reason. smiley
Re: Hi All Athiest by ednut1(m): 6:23pm On May 30, 2010
@manmustwac i feel u. Poster u still believe black,white,asian,americas all came 4rm adam (the way ur mother gave birth an asian). There is no faith jare. Religion is a devaition 4rm reality. Man's consolation that he is diff 4rm a goat
Re: Hi All Athiest by thehomer: 7:03pm On May 30, 2010
manmustwac:

So you still believe that Jonah lived inside a whale for 3 days

Sorry but Jonah lived in a fish for 3 days not a whale. grin grin
Please carry on.
Re: Hi All Athiest by beloveeed: 11:25am On May 31, 2010
thanks all

but note that believing in the story of Jonah or tower of babel is ok with me than to accept theories that are daily invented tommorrow disputed, next modified, then disputed etc

yes my reasoning which is the ground on which my faith rest, is tested but a SUPERIOR reasoning always supercede the unsettled reasons!

thanks
Re: Hi All Athiest by manmustwac(m): 11:59am On May 31, 2010
Well if you find it easier to believe in talking donkeys, sticks turning into snakes or a tower that can be built to reach Heaven well good luck to you.

I find it easier to believe that dinosaurs once existed, that thier are fossils to prove that the planet is more than 10'000 years old or that human beings evolved
Re: Hi All Athiest by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 31, 2010
beloveeed:

thanks all

but note that believing in the story of Jonah or tower of babel is ok with me than to accept theories that are daily invented tommorrow disputed, next modified, then disputed etc

yes my reasoning which is the ground on which my faith rest, is tested but a SUPERIOR reasoning always supercede the unsettled reasons!

thanks

Oga dont mind anybody. The choice is yours. You can believe in whatever u feel like. Since its difficult for some to believe that theres a 'god' they should accept the difficulty of others to believe theres no 'god'

Its a matter of belief but in different things, yet it shouldn't affect anybody
Re: Hi All Athiest by beloveeed: 8:08pm On May 31, 2010
manmustwac:

Well if you find it easier to believe in talking donkeys, sticks turning into snakes or a tower that can be built to reach Heaven well good luck to you.

I find it easier to believe that dinosaurs once existed, that thier are fossils to prove that the planet is more than 10'000 years old or that human beings evolved

well done! at least we are on the same level i.e we all believe based on reasons.
it is easier to believe such than to believe in d big bang out of nothing, that dinasurs evolved into chiken, and above all that your reasoning is all in a big game plan by a Great Mind just like one of the pharoahs was used to actualise the grand purpose. so pls continue its helping our agenda!
Re: Hi All Athiest by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 31, 2010
beloveeed:

well done! at least we are on the same level i.e we all believe based on reasons.
it is easier to believe such than to believe in d big bang out of nothing, that dinasurs evolved into chiken, and above all that your reasoning is all in a big game plan by a Great Mind just like one of the pharoahs was used to actualise the grand purpose. so pls continue its helping our agenda!
U are incredible. Which agenda? 3rd term or 4th term. lol
Re: Hi All Athiest by thehomer: 10:04pm On May 31, 2010
beloveeed:

Not all "reasons" are valid.

beloveeed:

it is easier to believe such than to believe in d big bang out of nothing,

Is it really? Animals speaking and responding intelligently in a local language?

beloveeed:

that dinasurs evolved into chiken,

You need to educate yourself some more about evolution.

beloveeed:

and above all that your reasoning is all in a big game plan by a Great Mind just like one of the pharoahs was used to actualise the grand purpose. so pls continue its helping our agenda!

This is quite funny. cheesy cheesy

beloveeed:

reading thru most of the post by both athiest and thiest have been quite interesting. it has enabled me to view things from different angles but the good thing about all this discussion (heat debates atimes) is that it makes me question my belief but after doing my research both on the forum and online, it goes to instead stengthen my belief.

I'll also like to see some of the online materials you reviewed and how you eventually arrived at your conclusions.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Feel About Public Preaching? / Salvation Call / Davidylan; Who Was The First Non Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.