Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,866 members, 7,872,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. (6107 Views)

On Evolution / Creationists Explain These Facts About Ensatina / Do Creationists Publish In Notable Refereed Journals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by johnydon22(m): 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2018
vaxx:
i like Ur honest, but i assume Most likely? we may end into Dumber humans. why? There is compelling evidence our brains have grown smaller in the last 10,000 years, and despite attempts to paint this news in optimism, the most sensible explanation is that since the rise of agriculture and division of labor, intelligence simply no longer has the individual survival value it had for our more distant ancestors.

if we do not intervene by taking control of our genetic destiny (a most dangerous and unsettling path) or destroy ourselves in one way or another, we can expect that auto-domestication to continue until we are barely able to maintain the technology handed down by our enlightenment ancestors. Then, eventually, life will throw us a curve ball we can’t handle, and like any dumb brute, we’ll go extinct.

That will be an ignoble end for the only species ever to arise with the capacity to envision a better one, and it’s a theme often explored in my writing.

in all honest, i assume that the early men who propound creationist idea are smarter than us, while our generation will likely be smarter than the next generation

Our intelligence walks hand in hand with our doom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by johnydon22(m): 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
tag me when you open the thread
Sure thing
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by budaatum: 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
yes insertion, deletion and duplication are all rearrangements.

This is how it works, we have two forms of genes, the introns(non-expressed genes) and exons (the expressive gene), only the exons can be translated into proteins. Some times, exons added by exonization process ( I.e. converting introns to exons).
And sometimes, exons are converted to introns or an already existing exon will be rearranged.

So what vaxx could have said was the addition addition, rearrangement or removal of exons in a DNA and not addition of a new set to genes to the DNA.
I have found that exons are the coding regions and not the dna, which itself is not the gene? Is their relationship like russian dolls which fit in one another?
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2018
budaatum:

I have found that exons are the coding regions and not the dna, which itself is not the gene? Is their relationship like russian dolls which fit in one another?

please can you kindly rephrase your question? I didn't get it

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by budaatum: 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
please can you kindly rephrase your question? I didn't get it
Forgive me.

Is dna and genes the same thing?
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2018
budaatum:

Forgive me.

no sir, genes are various segments of a DNA that contains instructions to code for various types of protein that performs specific functions.

Not all part of a DNA can be translated into proteins, so any segment of the DNA that can be translated to form a single protein is called a gene.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by johnydon22(m): 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2018
budaatum:

Forgive me.

DNA/RNA are the carriers of genes.
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by vaxx: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
yes insertion, deletion and duplication are all rearrangements.

This is how it works, we have two forms of genes, the introns(non-expressed genes) and exons (the expressive gene), only the exons can be translated into proteins. Some times, exons added by exonization process ( I.e. converting introns to exons).
And sometimes, exons are converted to introns or an already existing exon will be rearranged.

So what vaxx could have said was the addition addition, rearrangement or removal of exons in a DNA and not addition of a new set to genes to the DNA.
After checking on Wikipedia,it explain better budaatum and validate my assertion.. New genes surely evolve through an accumulation of single mutations, the number of mutations needed to construct the promoters is high enough that it is a rare event, and takes place over generations. Also since these are mutations they are changing the code not making it longer.

Viruses- Viruses with transposon activity-- one of the few mechanisms of mobile genetic elements sinsert their DNA into chromosomes. This can happen either at random places, or at defined "landing pad" sequences. This surely increases to the overall length of the chromosome, but is not always associated with a translated gene. Much of the "junk DNA" not encoding genes-- highly debatable if it is in fact junk-- is made up of these viral DNA elements.

Gene Duplication- A gene can be duplicated, then through mutations it gains new functions. Lots of ion channels and receptors come from the same big families, i.e. they have been duplicated.Very often the duplication leaves two proteins that have overlapping function, which has the advantage that if one gets a mutation, the other still works. It inserts redundancy into a biological system.
Gene addition by humans:Humans use viral machinery to insert genes into chromosomes. Clinically there are safety considerations in infecting cells with viruses, there have been some successful and some unsuccessful attempts. This technique is widely used in laboratories on bacteria, yeast, mice, and even larger animals to insert functioning genes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_genetic_elements)--
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2018
vaxx:
After checking on Wikipedia,it explain better budaatum and validate my assertion.. New genes surely evolve through an accumulation of single mutations, the number of mutations needed to construct the promoters is high enough that it is a rare event, and takes place over generations. Also since these are mutations they are changing the code not making it longer.

Viruses- Viruses with transposon activity-- one of the few mechanisms of mobile genetic elements sinsert their DNA into chromosomes. This can happen either at random places, or at defined "landing pad" sequences. This surely increases to the overall length of the chromosome, but is not always associated with a translated gene. Much of the "junk DNA" not encoding genes-- highly debatable if it is in fact junk-- is made up of these viral DNA elements.

Gene Duplication- A gene can be duplicated, then through mutations it gains new functions. Lots of ion channels and receptors come from the same big families, i.e. they have been duplicated.Very often the duplication leaves two proteins that have overlapping function, which has the advantage that if one gets a mutation, the other still works. It inserts redundancy into a biological system.
Gene addition by humans:Humans use viral machinery to insert genes into chromosomes. Clinically there are safety considerations in infecting cells with viruses, there have been some successful and some unsuccessful attempts. This technique is widely used in laboratories on bacteria, yeast, mice, and even larger animals to insert functioning genes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_genetic_elements)--
you are having issues trying to differentitate normal mutation from those that as significant to evolution.

Viral insertion doesn't cause evolution, it's a basic mechanism for viral infections, any viral infection has to do with insertion of a gene that start replicating in a cell to cause a disease like HIV AID etc, it doesn't cause evolution sir.

Gene duplicated doesn't require any extre insertion, the mutation caused during gene duplication is usually as a result of proofreading error during gene replication, no new DNA strand is added.

If I may ask, what's your discipline?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by vaxx: 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
you are having issues trying to differentitate normal mutation from those that as significant to evolution.

Viral insertion doesn't cause evolution, it's a basic mechanism for viral infections, any viral infection has to do with insertion of a gene that start replicating in a cell to cause a disease like HIV AID etc, it doesn't cause evolution sir.

Gene duplicated doesn't require any extre insertion, the mutation caused during gene duplication is usually as a result of proofreading error during gene replication, no new DNA strand is added.

If I may ask, what's your discipline?
what is the difference between gene mutations and chromosomal mutations?..... this should solve the pussle

about m discipline... i did biology up to university level ....
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by vaxx: 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2018
johnydon22:

Create a new thread for this, I have discussed the possibilities countless times on this board.

Let's discuss every creation theory.

God theory
Ancient astronauts theory
Evolution
Migration theory..

I'm very much in need of a sound discussion if you all are game..

Vaxx, Nwabekeyi, badaatum.
game
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2018
vaxx:
what is the difference between gene mutations and chromosomal mutations?..... this should solve the pussle

about m discipline... i did biology up to university level ....
before we started this debate remember you were talking about adding to a DNA and not a gene, if you want talk about gene addition then that's another thing entirely.

Now I want to be sure If I got you wrongly, were you talking about Addition to the DNA cell or a particular gene?
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by vaxx: 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
before we started this debate remember you were talking about adding to a DNA and not a gene, if you want talk about gene addition then that's another thing entirely.

Now I want to be sure If I got you wrongly, were you talking about Addition to the DNA cell or a particular gene?
I am taking about alteration. gene mutation is all about alteration, the gene mutation is the alteration of the nucleotide sequence of a gene right.Mutations itself is caused in DNA replication or mutagens such as UV and chemicals . i gave an article to back it up . is this alteration i am talking about. do you even go thru the article i am posting to u.
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by vaxx: 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
johnydon22:

Our intelligence walks hand in hand with our doom.
what is the way forward bro?
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
vaxx:
I am taking about alteration. gene mutation is all about alteration, the gene mutation is the alteration of the nucleotide sequence of a gene right.Mutations itself is caused in DNA replication or mutagens such as UV and chemicals . i gave an article to back it up . is this alteration i am talking about. do you even go thru the article i am posting to u.
mutation caused by mutagens are not significant in evolution, mutation caused by DNA replication is significant
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by vaxx: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
mutation caused by mutagens are not significant in evolution, mutation caused by DNA replication is significant
Good we are making some progress . what do u understand with the word alteration? however u seems to dodge my earlier question
>

/
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2018
vaxx:
Good we are making some progress . what do u understand with the word alteration? however u seems to dodge my earlier question
>

/
change in the characteristic or composition of something.

What was your other question?
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by vaxx: 9:49pm On Jun 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
change in the characteristic or composition of something.

What was your other question?
i was expecting a biological answer and not some general explanation.

Anyway let me give a shoot. Alteration in Biology is a changes in the structure and function of cells, tissues, and organs in response to harmful outside influences (mechanical, thermal, electrical, chemical, and others).

Alteration develops gradually. In its first stages its manifestations are reversible, but prolongation of the effect of the harmful agents may bring about the death of cells and tissues. Structural damage in alteration—paranecrosis—is due to changes in the state of the cellular colloids. Alteration of irritable tissues—nerve tissue and muscle tissue—is accompanied by changes in irritability. What is termed lesion potential occurs in response to the increased permeability to ions of cellular membranes in the altered region. This brings about the appearance of lesion currents. . https://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Alteration+in+Biology

pay attention to the boded part, how do u scientifically deduce it?. And to my earlier question . look up?
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Hakeem12(m): 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
nwabekeyi:
you are busy looking for error but got yourself into showing you ignorance, homo sapiens never directly evolved from homo erectus, drop your primary school knowledge and read further to know how Homo heidelbergensis played a role.

Lolz
mehn!! That was cold.

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by HappyPagan: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
This thread be supplying vitamins to me brain.... smiley smiley smiley
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by vaxx: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
vaxx:

Anyway let me give a shoot. Alteration in Biology is a changes in the structure and function of cells, tissues, and organs in response to harmful outside influences (mechanical, thermal, electrical, chemical, and others).

Alteration develops gradually. In its first stages its manifestations are reversible, but prolongation of the effect of the harmful agents may bring about the death of cells and tissues. Structural damage in alteration—paranecrosis—is due to changes in the state of the cellular colloids. Alteration of irritable tissues—nerve tissue and muscle tissue—is accompanied by changes in irritability. What is termed lesion potential occurs in response to the increased permeability to ions of cellular membranes in the altered region. This brings about the appearance of lesion currents. . https://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Alteration+in+Biology

pay attention to the boded part, how do u scientifically deduce it?. And to my earlier question . look up?

nwabekeyi
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
vaxx:

I really didnt understand what you are driving at but to save ourselves from the circular movement please can you tell me in your own understanding the differences between mutation and evolution?
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by vaxx: 11:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I really didnt understand what you are driving at but to save ourselves from the circular movement please can you tell me in your own understanding the differences between mutation and evolution?
loaded question fallacy
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Sheridale(f): 1:58am On Jun 07, 2018
Analysis of Section Initiate Degree 6 Monograph 3
(Defending AMORC against Pierre S. Freeman Critics)

The class master closed the monograph teaching on the diseases of the bones. From the exhaustive list of bones there is listed such bones diseases as osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, osteopetrosis, and bone fracture. He ended with an admonition on how to maintain bone health – avoiding bad postures, exercising regularly as well as having good nutrition every day. Unlike the views of Pierre S. Freeman, the monograph teaches to maintain their health through practical practices rather than just using Rosicrucian healing techniques.

This monograph encapsulates the goal of health, which involves its maintenance (good health) and the prevention of illnesses. The physical body is usually fraught with the manifestation of illnesses, whether its root causes are physical or psychical. With this in mind, it is quite commendable that the class master begins by letting us know more about our physical body, especially about its frame, the skeleton. The skeletal system of bones performs several functions but overall, its importance is to serve as a supporting system for tissues, organs, muscles and other internal organs as well as to give shape to the body through its torso. The class master also explained that marrows of bones are the site of blood manufacture for the body, and are incredibly important for proper function. Additionally, the bones in the skeletal system have serve as protector to various delicate internal organs such as the heart and lungs; which are protected by the sternum and rib cage respectively, while the cranium protects the brain.

Also, it was revealed in the course of teachings of the Section Initiate Degree 6, Monograph 3 that our bones are dichotomized into three types – the long bones, the short bones and the flat bones. The long bones are the marrow-containing bones consisting of a hollow space in the middle for blood production. Short bones in the skeleton helps the body make delicate movements. For example, the bones composing the hands and the feet make it easy for us to move and bend them in various positions. The last category of the bone dichotomy is the flat bones which are revered for their shock-resisting capabilities, which is due to their flexible and extensible nature. Bones in this category are the ribs, the skull, the pelvis and such other bones.

In furtherance of the anatomy of the physical body with respect to the skeletal framework, the spinal cord was also a topic of discussion. The 33 vertebrae-containing structure spans from the base of the skull to the neck or cervical vertebrae to the thoracic vertebrae (at the chest region) down to the ribs, ending at the lumber and sacrum. These five sections of vertebrae will be revisited in forthcoming monographs so members were enjoined to master them for future references.

Still on the bone-by-bone analysis of the skeleton, the skeletal joints too were briefly addressed. And by joint, we mean the point of interconnection of two or more bones. From the monograph, we see that two types of joints exist, namely fixed joints and movable joints. The joints of the skull where the cranium bones meet and the joint at the chest bone are examples of fixed joints. The joints in appendages like the elbow and knee are examples of movable joints, which allow movements of the bones connecting at the joint.

The class master closed the monograph teaching on the diseases of the bones. From the exhaustive list of bones there is listed such bones diseases as osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, osteopetrosis, and bone fracture. He ended with an admonition on how to maintain bone health – avoiding bad postures, exercising regularly as well as having good nutrition every day. Unlike the views of Pierre S. Freeman, the monograph teaches to maintain their health through practical practices rather than just using Rosicrucian healing techniques.

Support AMORC at : www.watchingout4AMORC.org
Please like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/watchingout4AMORC/

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Crysthaniel(m): 6:31am On Jun 07, 2018
1.why do humans have to create everything they have made, without waiting for them to exist spontaneously

2.And in creating these, why do they copy nature examples airplane from birds train from millipedes etc
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 07, 2018
Crysthaniel:
1.why do humans have to create everything they have made, without waiting for them to exist spontaneously

2.And in creating these, why do they copy nature examples airplane from birds train from millipedes etc
it's cause we have evolved into having the most developed neocortex in our brain, neocortex is responsible for higher order brain function like cognition, spatial reasoning and languages.
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Crysthaniel(m): 7:44am On Jun 07, 2018
Okay. Why is such a huge gulf between us and the animals we may have evolved from?
1.we love
2.we are spiritual
3.justice
4.mercy
5.power
6.wisdom
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by vaxx: 8:41am On Jun 07, 2018
Crysthaniel:
Okay. Why is such a huge gulf between us and the animals we may have evolved from?
1.we love
2.we are spiritual
3.justice
4.mercy
5.power
6.wisdom
some observed animals too have shown tendency of all what u listed .

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Crysthaniel(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2018
True but can we compare those animals qualities with our own even a 5years old child?
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Crysthaniel(m): 10:56am On Jun 08, 2018
+why does life only come from previous life only?

+why is there no way to form complex genetic code by chance?

+why do fossils record shows only sudden appearance of complex life in great variety?
With no linking forms?

+why are small mutations harmful, large ones lethal. Not resulting in anything new?

+why civilization appears only with man?

+why do language contemporaneous with man, ancient ones often more complex than modern?

+why is it that oldest written records dated back to only about 5000years

Read Hebrews 3:4
Why do many flowers have signposts to guide insects to the hidden nectar?

+look at what all things human have made like airplanes compass light bulbs, clocks, electricity Etc ask yourself who did it first? Where do the knowledge came from? From nature or from chance?
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Babacele: 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
Sheridale:
Analysis of Section Initiate Degree 6 Monograph 3
(Defending AMORC against Pierre S. Freeman Critics)

This monograph encapsulates the goal of health, which involves its maintenance (good health) and the prevention of illnesses. The physical body is usually fraught with the manifestation of illnesses, whether its root causes are physical or psychical. With this in mind, it is quite commendable that the class master begins by letting us know more about our physical body, especially about its frame, the skeleton. The skeletal system of bones performs several functions but overall, its importance is to serve as a supporting system for tissues, organs, muscles and other internal organs as well as to give shape to the body through its torso. The class master also explained that marrows of bones are the site of blood manufacture for the body, and are incredibly important for proper function. Additionally, the bones in the skeletal system have serve as protector to various delicate internal organs such as the heart and lungs; which are protected by the sternum and rib cage respectively, while the cranium protects the brain.

Also, it was revealed in the course of teachings of the Section Initiate Degree 6, Monograph 3 that our bones are dichotomized into three types – the long bones, the short bones and the flat bones. The long bones are the marrow-containing bones consisting of a hollow space in the middle for blood production. Short bones in the skeleton helps the body make delicate movements. For example, the bones composing the hands and the feet make it easy for us to move and bend them in various positions. The last category of the bone dichotomy is the flat bones which are revered for their shock-resisting capabilities, which is due to their flexible and extensible nature. Bones in this category are the ribs, the skull, the pelvis and such other bones.

In furtherance of the anatomy of the physical body with respect to the skeletal framework, the spinal cord was also a topic of discussion. The 33 vertebrae-containing structure spans from the base of the skull to the neck or cervical vertebrae to the thoracic vertebrae (at the chest region) down to the ribs, ending at the lumber and sacrum. These five sections of vertebrae will be revisited in forthcoming monographs so members were enjoined to master them for future references.

Still on the bone-by-bone analysis of the skeleton, the skeletal joints too were briefly addressed. And by joint, we mean the point of interconnection of two or more bones. From the monograph, we see that two types of joints exist, namely fixed joints and movable joints. The joints of the skull where the cranium bones meet and the joint at the chest bone are examples of fixed joints. The joints in appendages like the elbow and knee are examples of movable joints, which allow movements of the bones connecting at the joint.

Support AMORC at : www.watchingout4AMORC.org
Please like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/watchingout4AMORC/
Sheridale ,I think you should change your approach by contributing robustly to each relevant topic which attracts folks to the beautiful intelligence you exude -an attribute for which all true Rosicrucians are known .
Re: I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution. by Nobody: 2:03am On Jul 10, 2018
I can tell butterfly Lion wet himself in excitement when the OP finally indulged him after tirelessly craving for attention and being ignored for what seemed like decades grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

That You Asked God And God Answered Does Not Mean You Asked For The Best Thing / The Egyptian Origin Of Zion / I Need To Visit A Seer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.