Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,435 members, 7,878,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

Reality Of The Supernatural - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reality Of The Supernatural (256 Views)

I May Now Believe In The Supernatural / The Supernatural Experience / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reality Of The Supernatural by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
Reality Of The Supernatural

Two main forces dominate the supernatural world.

They are God and the devil; the forces of good and evil. These two forces cannot be compared in any way.

One is greater and mightier than the other. God is the Almighty, the source of all powers. He is life. He is existence itself.

He created the devil and it is impossible for the creature to be as, or more powerful, than the creator.

However, God did not create the devil as the evil one he now is. He was created as the angel of light, a perfect being.

Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold:

the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Ezekiel 28:12-15

Lucifer was excellent in all his ways until sin was found in him. What sin did he commit? He wanted to rise up to the skies.

He wanted to take the position of the most High, his creator.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isaiah 14:12-14

He was created and called Lucifer, the son of the morning. The name Lucifer means “the shining one.”

He was one of the three mighty princes that exercised authority over the other angels. They were all a spirit race of beings created by God.

When Lucifer sinned, he was dethroned. He was cast down from heaven and from that moment, the devil emerged. He started his mission of countering everything God has created.

God did not create evil. Everything He created was declared good and very good. The devil himself did not create anything.

All he did was to embark on his mission of reversing God’s creation. Good was reversed, and evil emerged.

Truth was turned around and lies appeared on the scene. Love was reverted and hatred emerged. Sweet was turned to sweat and abundance was turned to poverty, etc. This was all the devil’s doing.

Before the fall of Lucifer, there was only one governing force in the universe, but after his revolt, two forces came to be.

Man's dethronement to the natural realm

Man was created by God in His own image and likeness and put in a perfect setting – the garden of Eden.

Satan, in his characteristic way, sought to dethrone man. As long as man was in the garden, satan had no control over him. He was frustrated by this set up.

He wanted to surround God’s man with every evil he could think of, but he could not, because man was out of his reach in the garden.

Satan knew that the only way man could be driven out of the garden into his hands was through disobedience and sin. He knew that God could not stand sin.

He knew that God’s relationship with man could be severed if man sinned; he therefore sought to make man disobey God.

He succeeded through his subtlety. He went through the woman, deceived her. She in turn involved her husband. They ate the forbidden fruit and their eyes were opened.

They were not physically blind but they entered into a negative phase of existence.

God’s judgment for disobedience is death. Man died. But it was not physical annihilation. He still retained his consciousness, moved about the garden; but the vital force that sustained him was gone.

With his death, he lost his throne and placement. He became subject to things that were once subject to him. Man became miserable.

Man disobeyed God through Satan’s trickery, and like satan, he was chased out of the garden of Eden. Then the reign of terror began.

Man was afflicted with all manner of evil by the evil one. God’s perfect man became the devil’s meat.

This was not however, the end of man. God is still the overall ruling power. Satan is only engaged in a battle which he has been divinely ordained to lose. He knows this, for his time is short

“… art thou come hither to torment us before the time?” (Matt. 8:29).

He knows his end. He is only trying to cause as much havoc as he can before the time comes for his final demise.

These two forces dominate the supernatural. You are either in one camp or the other. There is no middle way between the two.

You are either connected to the good source – God or you are connected to the evil source – the devil.

Where you are connected to determines the realm in which you operate. If you are tuned in to God, you operate in the power of the Holy Spirit through Christ Jesus.

You will be operating in the good realm, releasing blessings upon yourself and others.

On the other hand, if you are tuned in to the devil, you will be operating through demons in the evil realm. You will be releasing magic, curses and destruction upon yourself and others.

Satan's magnetic field

The Bible is full of evidences of the reality of an evil world under the control of Satan. It is a dark world, in which satan freely inflicts evil on those under his control.

Apostle John brings us to an awareness of this fact in 1 John 5:19;
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

The entire world lies in a magnetic field of wickedness. Here Satan, his demons and sometimes human extensions carry out their wicked acts by remote control.

Diseases, frustrations and all kinds of human afflictions originate here. Spells and curses that upturn people’s destinies come from this negative pole of evil.

A satanic influence is almost always behind the stagnations, failures and losses people experience in life.

The sad things is that because of ignorance and sometimes insensitivity many Christians become vulnerable to the wickedness of the devil.

Many are diligent, only a few are vigilant. Many are sincere, only a few are sensitive.

Don’t be deceived. If Satan attempted Christ, the Son of God, he will attempt to control any one else.

The truth is that every accomplishment of destiny attracts the devil’s attention. He will do everything to frustrate it.

He chased Moses out into the wilderness for 40 years.

The drama at the court of Pharaoh between Moses and the magicians of Pharaoh is typical of the contest between good and evil.

Just like the rod of Moses, swallowed up the magicians rods, so do the forces of good always overcome the forces of evil.

The satanic world is always counterfeiting the real thing. Such counterfeits are designed to intimidate, deceive and distract from the truth.

No Christian must be so foolish to be deceived by them.

Witness also Elijah’s encounter with the prophets of Baal. It was another contest between the forces of good and evil.

Elijah had challenged them:
…call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God.
1 Kings 18:24

When the chips were down, the God of Elijah won. God proved His sovereignty by sending down fire at Elijah’s instance.

God will always have the last action, no matter the roar and threatenings of the devil.

The mysterious escape of the three Hebrew children from Nebuchadnezzar’s fiery furnace is typical of God’s deliverance for every believer who will not compromise his faith in the face of severe opposition and attack of the enemy.

The climax of the contest was that between Christ and Satan.

From infancy he sought to eliminate Christ. He entered into king Herod and countless number of innocent children were killed.

However, at the cross, Christ humiliated him. His death and resurrection brought an eternal defeat to Satan.

With that Satan was stripped of all power. Understand this: Satan does not have all the powers being attributed to him. No.

All power belongs to God whose you are. What he has left is deception. Get this into your consciousness and you will be set free from all anxiety and fears.

Don’t be scared of Satan’s roarings and threats. You live in a superior positive realm in which Christ and the angels of God reign and are on stand by to establish your victory.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
1 John 5:4

By covenant you are an overcomer. The whole world may lie in wickedness but you will be exempted from it as long as you remain in God.

If you are conscious of your redemptive placement in Christ you are automatically outside the satanic magnetic field.

You have been translated from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light, where the devil and his spiritual and human hosts of wickedness cannot reach you.

To be continued...

Releasing The Supernatural, David Oyedepo

Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Contact Us, 08126401351
Re: Reality Of The Supernatural by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
The supernatural is your new realm by redemption...

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Feminism? Should A Christian Be A Feminist? / The Lords Psalms / The Gospel Of Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.