Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,216 members, 7,880,794 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:58 AM

What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? (12038 Views)

This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? / What Do I Need To Know Before Buying A Nigerian Used Honda Car? / Before Buying Used Cars In Nigeria: Things To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by henrixx(m): 7:39am On Jun 05, 2018
saintkeppy:

Is it true that the mileage can be reset to a lower figure to reflect that the car has been fairly used?? My friend told me this &i did not argue much with him since I know nothing about it.
yes na. But in some countries like In the USA its a big crime

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by ndidibabe(f): 7:45am On Jun 05, 2018
Neil0072009:
Please like how much someone can get a Toyota Camry 07 Nigeria used ?
I have one for 1.4m. AĆ faulty tho.
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by Shakushaku1(m): 7:47am On Jun 05, 2018
saintkeppy:

Is it true that the mileage can be reset to a lower figure to reflect that the car has been fairly used?? My friend told me this &i did not argue much with him since I know nothing about it.

Your friend is very correct, try and keep tab with nairaland auto section to get urself accosted to anything pertaining to cars.. Alot of make believe can be done on a car that u'll actually think u buying toks not knowing it's just a well packaged scrap.

Check this thread for example, https://www.nairaland.com/4378034/shocking-transformation-some-crashed-cars/15
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 05, 2018
this matter has been trashed before check old posts.
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by armadeo(m): 8:11am On Jun 05, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:
dey there dey shook yourself.

Who tell u say millage is the chief matter for here?

So, a 1999 model of a car, used, and bought by another in 2018 no reach 400k millage since? E dey hibernate?

Constant maintenance of the body parts is the key...

Millage could be reset!!!

Guy it's true jaare.

Apart from mileage reset even 2005 car never reach 200k. N.a. God is good motors you buy am.from.
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by Neil0072009(m): 8:19am On Jun 05, 2018
ndidibabe:
I have one for 1.4m. AĆ faulty tho.
You got Whatapp number I can see pictures?
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by saintkeppy(m): 8:25am On Jun 05, 2018
henrixx:
yes na. But in some countries like In the USA its a big crime

Ok, now I know.

My friend went Offshores so he sent me to inspect Nigerian-Used Toyota Spider for him in PH cos his budget was under 2M, I went to 3 different car stand &I checked they'll looked very neat, the engine sounds like new, moist was drippin' at the exhaust, AC chillin', low mileage infact under 90,000 I was like Naija used car with such low mileage?
My friend told me they do adjust it, he was skeptical about the whole thing &opted to picked a newly-arrived Low-Mileage Toyota Spider shipped from U.S since the price difference wasn't that much with the Naija used.

A good mechanic can help you check the basics in a Naija used, make sure u drained the old oil, replace it with a new sealed oil, fix any other stuff if need be. My 1 time neighbour failed to do this when he bought his Honda car then &it later got knocked, he spent xtra cash to fix it.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by amba2017: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2018
fahrenheitt:
Check the mileage. The lower, the better. Any car that has travelled 400,000 km should be destined for the scrapheap, not your 'new' car.
they can adjust mileage
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by PRINCEVICKEY: 8:47am On Jun 05, 2018
YOU HAVE NOT SEEN WHERE DEY ADJUST MILEAGE BEFORE ...SIT DOWN THERE ........MY BROTHER ENGINE AND GEAR IS THE BEST THING TO CHECK .....
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by divinelove(m): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2018
inikamoze:
To the Motor Experts in the house, I am looking to buy a Nigerian Used Toyota Corolla 2004/2005 or 2006 for use as UBER and I need concise tips on what to look out for before buying one. I have seen many offers online, looking very clean, and the sellers claim its in 'Top condition,Good engine, gear, AC bla bla bla"
I need your candid advise on how to tell a very good used car, what to check out in the car before buying, questions to ask the seller and what one needs to do before/after buying to ensure its not stolen and its hassle free.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Only a trusted competent mechanic can help you to know a good car
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by Jmk9292(m): 8:55am On Jun 05, 2018
Go with a trusted Mechanic for proper liberation..
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by mayo47(m): 8:58am On Jun 05, 2018
maxiuc:
cheesy

My neighbor I knew was using his Rover jejely and peacefully no wahala the car was serving him greatly until one day he village people remember his file brought it and commence work on it

That very day he came back telling me that his mechanic told him about a man who wants to sell his fairly used Nissan Maxima 2006 model that it's clean infact he has seen it and he's interested naso my neighbor sell his peaceful Rover go buy Maxima after one month the car started giving knocking sounds today mechanic tommorow electrician the car was sold parts by parts till he was able to recover little of the money he spent

Niscan has a systemic issue with us here. Most Nigerian mechanics don't understand it.
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by Batworks: 9:15am On Jun 05, 2018
saintkeppy:

Surely bro....it can even be wiped for some cars that the car dealers want to portray as new
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by aylipple: 9:15am On Jun 05, 2018
Like most commentators advised, you should check the car out with a mechanic that you have confidence in and knows his onions.

Meanwhile, I have a clean Peugeot 407 (2008), Mercedes Benz GL 550 4Matic (2010) and E350 4Matic (2010), all for sale.

Aforementioned vehicles are Nigerian used, currently in good working condition and situated in Abuja.
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by saintkeppy(m): 9:31am On Jun 05, 2018
Shakushaku1:

Your friend is very correct, try and keep tab with nairaland auto section to get urself accosted to anything pertaining to cars.. Alot of make believe can be done on a car that u'll actually think u buying toks not knowing it's just a well packaged scrap.

Check this thread for example, https://www.nairaland.com/4378034/shocking-transformation-some-crashed-cars/15

No be small thing oh,

Accidented Cars everywhere but sellers claimin'almost brand new, imagine a car with high Mileage of 300k adjusted to 13K just to convince buyers cheesy
Best option is to do underground checks about a particular car before buyin'
Thanks for sharin'that link.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by saintkeppy(m): 9:49am On Jun 05, 2018
Batworks:

Surely bro....it can even be wiped for some cars that the car dealers want to portray as new

Na wa for some car Dealers oh!
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by dru23(m): 10:08am On Jun 05, 2018
divinelove:

Only a trusted competent mechanic can help you to know a good car

I have some mobil 1 usa spec avaliable.. 5quarts for 15500k get it while it last. Avoid having sludge engine and keep your uber cars up and running for thousands of miles to go..

Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:33am On Jun 05, 2018
oyb:
Pay gazzuzz to inspect.

Thank me later.

Basically this.

He's such a nice guy that if the car has any issues within the first three years following purchase, he'll just buy you another one. grin grin grin

Cc: Gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by Riversides2003(m): 10:33am On Jun 05, 2018
inikamoze:
To the Motor Experts in the house, I am looking to buy a Nigerian Used Toyota Corolla 2004/2005 or 2006 for use as UBER and I need concise tips on what to look out for before buying one. I have seen many offers online, looking very clean, and the sellers claim its in 'Top condition,Good engine, gear, AC bla bla bla"
I need your candid advise on how to tell a very good used car, what to check out in the car before buying, questions to ask the seller and what one needs to do before/after buying to ensure its not stolen and its hassle free.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Contact me I can get a good tokunbo car for you. You don’t have to buy Nigerian used cos those cars lack maintenance culture and will end up in Baba Kazeem’s workshop.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:55am On Jun 05, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Basically this.

He's such a nice guy that if the car has any issues within the first three years following purchase, he'll just buy you another one. grin grin grin

Cc: Gazzuzz

my village people have re-surfaced angry

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by Therealev: 10:59am On Jun 05, 2018
Neil0072009:

Check olx and jiji
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:00am On Jun 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

my village people have re-surfaced angry

grin grin grin grin
Na joke I dey, sir.
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by greggng: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
Neil0072009:

Grade one should be like 1.9million
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by 3millionia: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
Riversides2003:

Contact me I can get a good tokunbo car for you. You don’t have to buy Nigerian used cos those cars lack maintenance culture and will end up in Baba Kazeem’s workshop.
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by ately1(m): 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
buy clean affordable cars in Cotonou.. call 08054606377.. 100% safe and legit
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:26pm On Jun 05, 2018
inikamoze:
PLEASE HELP!!!

If you are in Abuja I can help you get one in perfect condition and pocket friendly too.
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by ajilay(m): 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2018
Try and visit cars 45 where we only sell registered cars at affordable price. Report of the car will be show to you to u to go tru. This is a company located at ikeja and we also places all over Lagos state. For easier purpose u can contact on 07033630053
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by AutoElectNG: 12:05am On Jun 06, 2018
If you have spent considerable time in Nairaland's Autos and Car Talk sections, you will notice the dichotomy between Nigerian used and Tokunbo cars.

It is like the caste system practiced in India...Nigerian used cars have been demarketed as untouchable and not recommended.

That has affected the selling price of Nigerian used cars.

The truth though is that you can find unbelievably good deals if you look in the direction of Nigerian used cars.

We have extensive experience in reverting abused Nigerian vehicles to factory conditions.

AutoElectNG invites you to take advantage of such deals to purchase good cars with minor problems at unbelievable prices.

AutoElectNG offering to provide you service at a predetermined and pre-agreed flat rate for your chosen warranty period.

There is a little known secret in this field...technicians have been snapping up Nigerian used cars with minor glitches for as low as N250,000.00 fixing the same and cruising those cars they snapped up and fixed!

more details here: https://www.nairaland.com/4543339/buy-nigerian-used-tokunbo-cars-confidence#68217035
Re: What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car?? by tonguengineer(m): 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
Britishcoins:

I have 300k
Your 300k can't even buy keke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hakeem Odumosu Tells Owners Of Unregistered Vehicles To Register Their Vehicles / CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz / 2008 Camry Dashboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.