Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,049 members, 7,919,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:26 AM

Snake In Toilet :thanks Nairaland - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Snake In Toilet :thanks Nairaland (1660 Views)

Austria: Man Finds Snake In His Toilet After It Kept Flushing Itself At Night / Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures / Big Cobra Killed With A Gun In Toilet In Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snake In Toilet :thanks Nairaland by Tobyarab(m): 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
Lagos is a developed city, so then, sightings of snakes may be rare but if you live near a canal or bush,dont be surprised.

A few weeks ago, I chanced upon a thread on Nairaland that informed about a man who saw a snake in toilet and it was eventually shot to death. I drew a lot of lessons from the comments that followed. it made me to start closing my toilet after use. now to my story.

Last night, I routinely went into the bathroom to brush my teeth for the night. fortunately for me, there was light, no generators on, hence my surroundings were quiet. just as I was about to reach for toothpaste, I heard a sound like splash of water coming from the toilet area.i quickly shut the sink tap to listen more intently.the sound came again.

I thought to myself that this sound cannot be a cockroach since its louder and stronger than it. I got scared, shut the bathroom light and reached for my flashlight. walked to the WC,opened it,shot my torchlight inside and saw that the water was all black and something was moving inside it. I stood there,still looking, trying to figure out what it was. maybe a rat or frog I figured, not until this thing reared its head and I saw it was a snake(medium size in width)

I panicked, shut the toilet and flushed,waited for the tank to refill and flushed again. I reached for the toilet seat and opened it to confirm cond ition of the snake and it was gone. gone to soakaway. in my mind, I thought, this is just palliative. the snake is still in the house. Tomorrow is another day, I kuku went to bed joor .

Morning came and I rushed to the toilet to check, nothing there. I said, snake is playing a smart one.i can't dive into soakaway to find it nah.i dressed up and left for the office.

Narrated to peeps at the office for solution to the issue and I was advised to go "bombard" the soakaway with carbide, the snake would become toast. I rushed out to go get one. obtaining carbide wasn't easy as I heard it can be used in making explosives. anyway, I got it,hurried home. did as I was told as well as extra. Had to give the snake what it was really searching for, a slow and painful death. I believe I am a free man now.

That's my story folks. be extra careful.these things are real. no fiction. rainy season is here and flood waters would be transporting these creatures around. one can even come from Ikorodu and meet you in Surulere if these canals are connected. if you live in Lagos, you would have known that houses here tend to channel waste pipe into gutters or canals.terrible.if rain falls and the gutter or canal is full, it would rise to meet the level where your exit pipe is, and from there, a snake could find its way into your house. ensure that the pipes that carry waste water have wire gaze built into them.stay sharp, be wise. a snake bite in a toilet would definitely be fatal.
Re: Snake In Toilet :thanks Nairaland by jaymichael(m): 4:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
Thanks for this exposition. My toilet pipe is connected to the small lake at the back of my house. As a rule, I always close the lid of my toilet seat. My household adhere strictly to this rule. Anytime I want to use the toilet especially at night, I try to maintain acute alertness and watch out for any creepy crawlies. I will try to get that carbide as a standby measure.
Re: Snake In Toilet :thanks Nairaland by Blessynokoro: 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
hmmm... scary
Re: Snake In Toilet :thanks Nairaland by richardddon: 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2019
Hello Toby thanks for this exposition. I have a question please, did you notice a drop in the level of waste water in your sewage after you used carbide? A chemist friend says one could use carbide to dry up water in sewage, just to confirm. Thanks
Re: Snake In Toilet :thanks Nairaland by ceejay80s(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
u know why u no make front-page? because u no get pic or video of the snake

1 Like

Re: Snake In Toilet :thanks Nairaland by jaszplus12(m): 9:05am On Jun 11, 2019
God will protect us from the things we can't do ourselves!
Anyway a word of advice: soakaway usually emits methane gas and is a potential explosive...so be careful as you put carbide into the pit....no fires around there please...cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Fastest Mobile Browsers / The Trick Of Sitting On Nothing: A Layman's Explaination / 11 Best Apps To Save Instagram Videos On Android In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.