Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,161 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:38 PM

Is Free Delivery Better Appealing Than Payment On Delivery - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Is Free Delivery Better Appealing Than Payment On Delivery (766 Views)

Zealot Speakers • Wholesale • Retail • Pay On Delivery. / Clean And Visually Appealing / Ship From The US And Pay On Delivery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Free Delivery Better Appealing Than Payment On Delivery by Gabriel411: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
Which one of the above concept do you think will appeal to customers. As you know few months ago one of Nigeria foremost ecommerce platform discontinued pay on delivery and I think that has affected sales, according to few of us merchant selling on their platform.
Recent I introduce free shipment nationwide on same platform and sales relatively increased. So what do you think, is free shipping better appealing to customers and should it be an alternative to payment on delivery?
Your thoughts please.
Re: Is Free Delivery Better Appealing Than Payment On Delivery by chrisbaxtian(m): 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Gabriel411:
Which one of the above concept do you think will appeal to customers. As you know few months ago one of Nigeria foremost ecommerce platform discontinued pay on delivery and I think that has affected sales, according to few of us merchant selling on their platform.
Recent I introduce free shipment nationwide on same platform and sales relatively increased. So what do you think, is free shipping better appealing to customers and should it be an alternative to payment on delivery?
Your thoughts please.

personally, I prefer payment on delivery. You don't expect me to pay for what I have not seen simply because you will bring it to my doorstep for "free". Besides, what's the guarantee that the delivery cost isn't factored into the final price tag of the product? I might just be paying for the cost of delivery even without knowing it. POD is my preference smiley

4 Likes

Re: Is Free Delivery Better Appealing Than Payment On Delivery by Gabriel411: 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

personally, I prefer payment on delivery. You don't expect me to pay for what I have not seen simply because you will bring it to my doorstep for "free". Besides, what's the guarantee that the delivery cost isn't factored into the final price tag of the product? I might just be paying for the cost of delivery even without knowing it. POD is my preference smiley
Good points. But for the second point, its not even possible to increase price, the market already saturated and so competitive.
Re: Is Free Delivery Better Appealing Than Payment On Delivery by chrisbaxtian(m): 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
Gabriel411:

Good points. But for the second point, its not even possible to increase price, the market already saturated and so competitive.

saturated market does not stop or prevent sellers from including hidden charges on their wares. una know how una take dey do am

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Chainlink Type Wire Fences Offers Stronger Texture / For Anything Ductile Pipes & Water Equipments, Call Us. / Heavy Duty Equipments For Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.