Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,297 members, 7,943,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

Help Asap Regarding Website Development! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Asap Regarding Website Development! (945 Views)

Drop Any Question Regarding Adsense Approval. I Will Try And Help. / Slyr0x, I Need Your Help ASAP / Webmasters, I Need Your Help Asap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Asap Regarding Website Development! by mycutiepie(f): 7:52am On Mar 21, 2007
Hello felow nairalanders,
Thanks for your time reading this post of mine. I am on the edge of building a website for our NGO. And am thinking of signing up with yahoo small business (website development). Am sure lots of people are familiar with the services yahoo offers. Wants to buy our domain name and hosting for them. Anyone in the house done this thru yahoo b4? needs suggestions and ideas. Thanks in advance.
Re: Help Asap Regarding Website Development! by my2cents(m): 3:32pm On Mar 21, 2007
I have and would say if you intend doing any dynamic stuff (databasing, PHPing, etc), you shouldn't use them. Also, their price, though not high, is higher (and with less services) than what I pay using Hostmonster.com (not to advertise for them tongue) presently.

If all you wanna do is html stuff, then you can use them. Otherwise, I would recommend that you don't.

I hope this helps.
Re: Help Asap Regarding Website Development! by syskay(m): 4:34pm On Mar 21, 2007
If it belongs to an NGO, it might be a better idea to employ the services of a professional Web Developer. By the tone of your post, it sounds as if you want to make use of Yahoo Site Builder. If you do, the end product (the website) will be very poor.
Re: Help Asap Regarding Website Development! by Ferlie(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2007
Hi - yes, bought a domain name from yahoo, hosted on them but moved my site after a while - they are ok, cheap but if you want more space and stuff then u'll pay more, the yahoo builder is rudimentary, u need to use something more professional, say Dreamweaver or FrontPage to buil a proffesional looking site.

Okay?

Me. Penis.
Re: Help Asap Regarding Website Development! by mycutiepie(f): 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2007
my2cents:

I have and would say if you intend doing any dynamic stuff (databasing, PHPing, etc), you shouldn't use them. Also, their price, though not high, is higher (and with less services) than what I pay using Hostmonster.com (not to advertise for them tongue) presently.

If all you want to do is html stuff, then you can use them. Otherwise, I would recommend that you don't.

I hope this helps.
Thank you kiss. I will check hostmaster out. I have been looking forward to talking to you. Can we exchange contacts cos am so sure we will have lots in common and we can always call each other up and talk for hours. hit me up
Re: Help Asap Regarding Website Development! by mycutiepie(f): 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2007
syskay:

If it belongs to an NGO, it might be a better idea to employ the services of a professional Web Developer. By the tone of your post, it sounds as if you want to make use of Yahoo Site Builder. If you do, the end product (the website) will be very poor.

Thanks boyfriend. kiss Am searching for professional support too and i wouldn't want a million dollar site either. I wanted to use the yahoo cos i can be able to do the whole thing myself , i can handle that cos am not a professional in the field, have no idea of dreamweaver, flash etc. You scared me with the poor part embarassed And will it have the message like " powered or built by yahoo underneath? you know what i mean?
Re: Help Asap Regarding Website Development! by mycutiepie(f): 10:32pm On Mar 21, 2007
Ferlie:

Hi - yes, bought a domain name from yahoo, hosted on them but moved my site after a while - they are ok, cheap but if you want more space and stuff then u'll pay more, the yahoo builder is rudimentary, u need to use something more professional, say Dreamweaver or FrontPage to buil a proffesional looking site.

Okay?

Me. Penis.

Thanks BF kiss I better seek for a professional help then. thanks for your input once again. I will let you all know how it goes ok.
Re: Help Asap Regarding Website Development! by mycutiepie(f): 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2007
what are the differences between these sites?
1. http://www.carenetri.org/

2. http://www.teenpregnancy.org/ . can't i achieve this 2nd site with the yahoo builder?

NB: I forgot to tell you that i want a site that has visitors counters and guest book
Re: Help Asap Regarding Website Development! by my2cents(m): 11:20pm On Mar 21, 2007
carenetri looks like a template whereas teenpreg looks like it was done from scratch and by hand.

Generally, using yahoo (and I spk from experience) site builder will result in bulky sites, sites that aren't SEO-friendly and sites that look like boiler plates. Sure, you could choose to not use the site builder and create pages from scratch. However, sitebuilder still adds fluffy, unwanted, proprietary code in the background.

As for counters and guestbooks, no big deal here - there are tons of free utilities online. Just google for "free counter" or "free guestbooks".

As for contacting me, you may feel free to YIM me at udotot25

'hope this helps.
Re: Help Asap Regarding Website Development! by mycutiepie(f): 2:49am On Mar 22, 2007
yes, it really helped. Thanks for ur quick response. Sure, i will yim you now. hope 2 chat with u soon.

(1) (Reply)

How Is This Site? / Yui's Rich Text Editor / As A Web Designer, Which Cms Do You Use For Your Clients?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.