Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,260 members, 7,936,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:57 AM

Corper With The Green Pouch. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Corper With The Green Pouch. (476 Views)

The Green Herb (18)+ / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper With The Green Pouch. by wilfox(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
On that freezing early morning like many past mornings and many more to come, I squated on one of the four queues that formed the platoon nine (9). I had refused to pay rapt attention to the morning news and meditation. I rather occupied my cold mind with thoughts of the day's activites and how to escape parade and morning sanitation.

Fed up with the sight of two thousand two hundred and eighty eight (2,288) young people dressed in all white, I chose to feed my eyes with something different. I raised my eyes to the sky only to behold the overwhelming beauty that had appeared unnoticed. Hanging on the sky was the moon in its fairness, surrounded by orange clouds that formed a circle around it. On sighting this I knew by instinct that something was up. There was something magnificent about the day. The stars were scattered beautifully across the sky. Why hadn't I looked up the very moment I stepped on that parade ground?
Re: Corper With The Green Pouch. by wilfox(m): 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
The beauty above was overwhelming, I couldn't behold it alone. subconciously I touched the person next to me lightly on the shoulder; she looked around, and I could see honest curiosity in her eyes. I pointed to the sky, she looked up and smiled in admiration. That was the turning point. We sat on the dew-drenched grass, we talked about the moon, the stars, we talked a little about us, and that was when I began to understand the regal appearance of the moon that morning. I learned she was Ruth, a member of the martial art crew in the NYSC orientation camp, Delta state. Quite unusual for a young lady with her physique; relatively tall, slim, short hair, with skin that spelt "black is beautiful". Dark beautiful eyes that searched inquisitively into mine for answers that were not all readily available; an effective weapon of intimidation. When she walked, the dangerous and unruly movement of her "not-so-bouyant" waist line had the capability of making a deacon lose composure.
Re: Corper With The Green Pouch. by wilfox(m): 3:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
Her gestures were with a contradictory blend of grace and composure. The sight of her was simply breathtaking. I remember sitting on the volleyball court one sunny afteroon, being protected by the shade of a large melina tree nature had provided for lazy and useless members of various platoons; I watched Ruth from a distance as she employed her martial art skills in combating an imaginary adversary: Breathtaking.

I had gotten fond of Ruth and was getting to know her better when the curtains of camping were drawn, and the inconsiderate hand of fate seperated us. The seperation was anticipated so its effect was not immense. Although it awakened some insane thoughts; thoughts of writing her zonal inspector requesting her repost to my lodge as her primary place of assignment. Losing her would be like losing a meal ticket; I would go hungry; hungry of her company.
Re: Corper With The Green Pouch. by wilfox(m): 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
I hope to see the corper with the green pouch sometime again.
I hope to air my reservations and say all that was left unsaid.
I hope to understand why I feel the way I do,
And I hope she feels the same way too.

(1) (Reply)

UNIBEN Final Year Student Breaks The Net With Poem / Freebie! Claim Your Free Copy Of A Newly Launch Book By Gloria Grossi / Anyone Here That Knows The Title Of This Book?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.