Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,272 members, 7,923,284 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 10:20 PM

Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 (45851 Views)

Pictures Of Enugu's T-junction Flyover / Trailer-Loaded With Beer Falls Along Oji River Axis Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway / Sink Hole Swallows Cars On Bida-minna Expressway Niger State (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by muyiwatosin: 8:24am On Jun 08, 2018
these cars are even more expensive these days with this built. they all still exist and run in uk, na naija here we dey pursue camry and lexus.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by muyiwatosin: 8:25am On Jun 08, 2018
PHIPEX:
Things like this show the "good old days" cliche is a lie. The olden days are never better except in the figment of our short memories.
you are too young i guess to understand these things. your G-Wagon in year 3000, will be like wheeelbarrow then, does that mean that G-Wagon was never better?. grow up son!
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by kabrudrapist: 9:06am On Jun 08, 2018
[s]
Awoleesu:
how old are you kid? Your monicker and un-intelligent comment do suggest to me what generation you belong, Google kid!
[/s]
Instead of thanking me for pointing out your stupidity ignorance, you are here polluting my post with trash.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by malatachete: 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
AutoJoshNIG:
Let’s take a trip down memory lane .

These are photographs taken by Dr. Simon Ottenberg while on a research in Enugu state, Nigeria in the year 1959.

These pictures contain some scenes from the street of Enugu.

In the pictures, we also see some cars on the street.

Back in those days, these cars, as seen on the streets, were the then "latest" cars. Today, they are classified as vintage cars.

So, can you identify any of the cars on the street by their brand names?

Source:

https://autojosh.com/streets-of-enugu-state-and-cars-around-in-1959/

Picture 4, Enugu municipal council now Enugu North Local Government Area.
Picture 5 Enugu High Court, now customary court of Appeal Enugu.
Picture 6 kingsway stores Enugu now housing a studio and other shops.
I will post the current photos when I visit Enugu next week.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by MENELIK11: 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
CSTR1003:
Some Igbos on nairalamd should leave tribalism to their more intelligent brothers.

It takes some measure of intelligence to be tribalistic .

Otherwise you just get a boomerang.
Not everybody is smart enough to skew bigotry and present it as accurate fact .

Which one is "until afonjas came to destroy our land ".
?

The civil war was not led by afonjas . They were sheep fighting alongside other Nigerian sheep led by gowon.

The bulk of the fighting force were from the middle belt.

The Osus on nairaland you mean to say
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by MENELIK11: 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
Basalt:

Destroyed with their dirtiness I guess.

"If you see a Yoruba man shouting for war, go back to your sleep"
----IBB

Yet there is no part of Nigeria that is as dirty as ABA. Osu, where is thy brain?
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Phineas01(m): 10:34am On Jun 09, 2018
shell, mobil, total been chopping us for years

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Middle East-bound Cargo Ship Capsizes With 4,200 Hyundai And Kia Cars On Board / My Visit To The Ancient Cave Of Ashes... Isarun In Ondo State. (pictures) / Opebi Lagos Helicopter Crash: Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu Condole With Families

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.