Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,583 members, 7,926,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 08:29 PM

Would U Be Proud Enough To Display Nigerian Flag As A Nigerian? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Would U Be Proud Enough To Display Nigerian Flag As A Nigerian? (670 Views)

Confederate Flag: Myths And Facts / Evidence Continues To Emerge MH17 Is A False Flag Operation / Anti-Zionist Jews Burning The Israeli Flag [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Be Proud Enough To Display Nigerian Flag As A Nigerian? by redsun(m): 11:24pm On May 31, 2010
Would you be bold enough as a nigeriam to display nigerian flag like other citizens of the world who are proud of their country do?.Personally,i can't because i am not proud of being a citizen of a rogue state,it still does not mean i am not proud who i am but because i am ashame of identifying with that madness,i will rather hide my identity unless it is absolutely necessary for me to identify.

People display their country flags because they love their country and their country is a haven to them but i wonder why an average will want to do that considering that our country is the primary source of pain to us because of rogue leadership.
Re: Would U Be Proud Enough To Display Nigerian Flag As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jun 01, 2010
is someone forcing you to display a flag?
Re: Would U Be Proud Enough To Display Nigerian Flag As A Nigerian? by ElRazur: 7:46am On Jun 01, 2010
I think I see where the OP is coming from.

My view is that patriotism on that level is not instilled in us I think. While we are proud to be Nigerian, we just do not have that kind of "flag displaying" mentality like say the Brits and American have.

Will I display a Nigerian flag? Put it this way, I was running around the streets of London back then during the times we played England, but I am not sure I will do the same again, may be this is due to age or something. Having said that, I am still proud of the country in some ways. smiley

On a side note, I think it is illegal to display a national flag of any nation inside Pakistan. smiley
Re: Would U Be Proud Enough To Display Nigerian Flag As A Nigerian? by makajibbz(m): 8:06am On Jun 01, 2010
of coarse no matter wat, i can even wear a shirt dat says ''i am Nigerian'' evryday of my life,
I dont knw maybe its because of my quest to be different frm everybody, cos dey is other reason i'll carry a flag that's advertising Nigeria's failure in civilisation.
Re: Would U Be Proud Enough To Display Nigerian Flag As A Nigerian? by cantell(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2010
tpia.:

is someone forcing you to display a flag?
i wonder ooo.

(1) (Reply)

James US Ambassador Killed Over Film Of Prophet Mohammed / Obama Twin??? / Margaret Thatcher's Legacy In Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.