Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,368 members, 7,971,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:06 AM

Mount Everest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mount Everest (530 Views)

Meet The Indian Teenager Who Is Now The Youngest Girl To Climb Mt. Everest / Queen Elizabeth School And Mount Carmel College,ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mount Everest by ulovecasca(m): 2:08am On Jun 01, 2010
Sir Edmund Hillary was the first man to climb Mount Everest. On May 29, 1953 he scaled the highest mountain then known to man-29,000 feet straight up. He was knighted for his efforts.

He even made American Express card commercials because of it! However, until we read his book, High Adventure, we don't understand that Hillary had to grow into this success.

You see, in 1952 he attempted to climb Mount Everest, but failed. A few weeks later a group in England asked him to address its members.

Hillary walked on stage to a thunderous applause. The audience was recognizing an attempt at greatness, but Edmund Hillary saw himself as a failure. He moved away from the microphone and walked to the edge of the platform.

He made a fist and pointed at a picture of the mountain. He said in a loud voice, "Mount Everest, you beat me the first time, but I'll beat you the next time because you've grown all you are going to grow, but I'm still growing!"
Re: Mount Everest by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 01, 2010
Wow! An interesting piece and I hope this would not stop after some views and comments.

Some pieces are those we have seen and heard sometime before, but they reinforce motivations when they come our ways again. They simply become 'new' again, as though they were virgin to our ears.

I'll urge the convener of this thread to maintain it and syndicate it on other spaces on net; probably FaceBk and other fora that opens up for pieces of work.

May I introduce you to the empowerment segment on the PROUDLY VISIONITES forum, an interactive tutorials and students/youths empowerment forum. Look it up at www.visionitesmagazine.com/forum or find the path in my signature below.

Meanwhile, it MUST continue here on nairaland as it seems to have more of the targets (Youths/students and other interested adults). You may only syndicate it on other platforms.

Once again, it's a great job!

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Boy In N.d,u / Unilag 2010 Post-ume / My 500th Post On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.