Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,951 members, 7,890,130 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:47 AM

The Best Nigerian For The Job Of President (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Nigerian For The Job Of President (opinion) (373 Views)

This Is Why Wike Will Never Be Nigeria President (opinion) / No Nigerian For National Merit Award In 2022 As 32 Nominees Fail Exams / Indian Police Arrest 40-Year Old Nigerian For Possession Of Drugs (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Nigerian For The Job Of President (opinion) by speedyGonzales: 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
In my opinion, the best Nigerian that could be chosen to become the president, is the current president of the African Development Bank. Dr Akinwumi Adesina, he was a shining light in Jonathan's administration and has numerous experience across African. He understands the mechanics of world economy and is highly education. He is also a young guy compared to the rest at 58 years old.

Adesina was born to a Nigerian farmer in Ibadan, Oyo State. He attended a village school and graduated with a Bachelors in Agricultural Economics with First Class Honors from the University of Ife, Nigeria (1981), where he was the first student to be awarded this distinction by the university. He obtained his PhD (Agricultural Economics) in 1988 from Purdue University, USA where he won the Outstanding PhD Thesis for his research work.

From 1990 to 1995, Adesina served as a senior economist at West African Rice Development Association (WARDA) in Bouaké, Ivory Coast.

If Nigeria was truly committed to building a better country that will compete with western nations on the global stage. we need our best brains on the job. And for me, I think this guy at this juncture possess all the necessary skills to move Naija to the next stage.

Obviously, he has no political following in Nigeria at the moment. This is just an Ideal candidate that I would choose, if the decision was solely up to me. And my decision is objective, because we are from the same tribe, I don't know him personally but I like the potential he offers as an individual.

So go ahead and add below mine, your ideal person, and list all the necessary qualifications (I know Nigerians like to joke and most of you will put yourselves but try and be a little serious). I am very interested to see other highly qualified Nigerians for this job that are NOT is the national consciousness or consideration.

Re: The Best Nigerian For The Job Of President (opinion) by WizBLANCE(m): 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
I read that book, giant of the cemetery by Jimmy essien. even as of 1985 men have been thinking of how to save this country. but my knowledge of humanity shows that assumption is the least of human understanding. till he sit on that seat for 4 years or 8, I can't tell who he really is or what he can make out of that sit.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian For The Job Of President (opinion) by speedyGonzales: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
WizBLANCE:
I read that book, giant of the cemetery by Jimmy essien. even as of 1985 men have been thinking of how to save this country. but my knowledge of humanity shows that assumption is the least of human understanding. till he sit on that seat for 4 years or 8, I can't tell who he really is or what he can make out of that sit.

While, I agree with you, that numerous others have failed and we cannot judge a book by its cover. This is where we find ourselves born into (Nigeria). We didn't ask to be born into Nigeria but we cannot give up, once we are born, because others before us have failed, we must give an honest effort and solemnly vindicate ourselves that we have indeed tried our best for our future and our children. Thats how I see it.
Truth out forebears have failed us (politically).

(1) (Reply)

For The Records - The Renaming Of Unilag As Moshood Abiola University / Jim Ovia, Ebenezer Onyeagwu Investments Fail To Save Zenith Bank’s Falling Share / Nigerian In The Diaspora Will Return Massively When Sowore. Becomes President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.