Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,622 members, 7,914,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:03 AM

Roland Garros 2018: 14-year Old American Cori Gauff Crowned In Juniors - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roland Garros 2018: 14-year Old American Cori Gauff Crowned In Juniors (614 Views)

Yamila Rodriguez: Meet The Argentina & Boca Juniors Female Star Who Is A CR7 Fan / Naomi Osaka Withdraws From Roland Garros / Wimbledon: Cori Gauff Defeats Venus Williams, In Tears After (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Roland Garros 2018: 14-year Old American Cori Gauff Crowned In Juniors by UpdateBoss: 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
Cori Gauff, young American Junior tennis player beat fellow American, Caty McNally in the finals of the French Open Juniors 1-6, 6-3. 7-6 to become the youngest girls’ champion to rule Roland-Garros since 1993.

"Obviously I'm very excited and happy because this is my first time," said Gauff after the match, which featured 15 breaks of serve. "It was a tough fight, but at the end, it was worth it."

Cori who admitted her admiration for American tennis star and 23-times Grand Slam winner, Serena Williams regularly trains at the academy set up by Patrick Mouratoglou, Serena's coach.

Gauff came into the spotlight during the US Open final last September, before claiming the first ever ‘Rendez-vous a Roland-Garros’ junior wildcard on home soil.

According to www.rolandgarros.com, five of the past seven girls’ junior Grand Slams have landed in American arms, a trend Gauff is eager to continue in her pursuit of greatness.

SOURCE: https://dailysportcast.com/roland-garros-2018-14-year-old-american-cori-gauff-crowned-in-juniors/

(1) (Reply)

WWE Leon White Aka Vader Is Dead / What Results Do Nigeria Need To Progress? / I Think Pele Is Still The Greatest Footballer Of All Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.