Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,070 members, 7,977,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:20 PM

When God Is Silent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Is Silent (280 Views)

Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' / What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When God Is Silent by biggboy(m): 7:15am On Jun 10, 2018
There are times when it seems God is silent. There are even times you feel God is silent.

Yes, God sometimes keeps silent. God does not just keep silence for no reason(s).

However, there are times God speaks but you are not sensitive enough in the spirit to hear.

The most important relationship you should have is a personal relationship between yourself and God.

REASONS WHY GOD MAY BE SILENT

There are basically two reasons why God may be silent.

1. SIN - Isaiah 59:1-2"
(1) KJV:Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
(2) KJV:But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear."

This number one reason is very broad but anything that is not godly falls into this category. There is nothing like small, medium or big sin, sin is sin!

2. GOD - Isaiah 55:8"KJV:For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord."

Apart from sin, another reason why God is silent is God himself!
Our thoughts are not his thoughts and his ways are definitely not our way. A thousand year to us might be a day to him.
He is God after all!
If you want God to start speaking, you need to stop sinning!

Whenever God is examining or testing our faith, he is usually silent.

The following Bible Characters experienced the silence of God;

1. JOB - Job 30:20"NIV:“I cry out to you, God, but you do not answer; I stand up, but you merely look at me."

When Job was going through his trial of faith, he called upon God but God was silent and just looked at him.

2. DAVID - Psalm 22:2"AMP:O my God, I cry in the daytime, but You answer not; and by night I am not silent or find no rest."

Despite the fact that God said David is the Apple of his eyes, there are times God was silent when he calls.

3. JESUS - Matthew 27:46"KJV:And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Even Jesus experienced the silence of God.

One lesson we must learn from the Bible Characters above is that they never compromised even when God was silent.

Even when it seems God is silent, don't be silent in preaching the gospel.

WHAT TO DO WHEN GOD IS SILENT

1. Study More - When it seems or you feel God is silent, don't just fold your arms, you need to engage yourself in studying and meditating his word.

2. Pray More - Another spiritual exercise you should engage yourself in when it seems God is silent is praying. Pray without ceasing!

3. Praise Him - You shouldn't praise God only when he speaks to you. Let praise become an habit, always praise God in advance!

That God is silent does not mean you should too, instead of folding your arms, complaining and murmuring, study his word, pray without ceasing and praise him unconditionally!

Don't be weary or tired of seeking God. To achieve this seeking him unconditionally.

If there is one thing you can absolutely rely and depend on, it's the unfailing and unchanging words of God because, what he says he will do is what he is going to do.

Deuteronomy 31:8"NIV:The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

Even when it seems God is silent, he has promised never to leave nor forsake you, so do not be discouraged nor dismayed.

If you are yet to give your life to the son of God, Jesus Christ, you are only causing yourself more harm than good. He is way, the truth and the life and he does not keep silent nor forsake nor forgets his own.

Don't delay your salvation, tomorrow may be too late!

SOURCE: http://www.thebelievershub.com/2018/06/when-god-is-silent.html

(1) (Reply)

The Gods Must Be Crazy! / What To Do, When You Don't Know What Else To Do. / Britain: Christians Be True To Your Ideals – Tim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.