Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,937 members, 7,873,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:42 AM

Why I Reached Out To That Upcoming Actress – IK Ogbonna - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Reached Out To That Upcoming Actress – IK Ogbonna (327 Views)

Copyright Infringement: Tiwa Ignored Me When I Reached Out, Says Danny Young / Davido Has Reached Out To Ayotomide Labinjo, His First Baby Mama - Kemi Olunloyo / Ik Ogbonna Celebrates Sonia, His Wife, Ashewo, Side Chick On Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Reached Out To That Upcoming Actress – IK Ogbonna by EdificationBoss: 7:24am On Jun 10, 2018

A couple of days ago, an upcoming actress Cynthia Agu made news when she took to her IG page to lament on how many auditions she has been to without being offered any role afterwards.

Not long after, IK Ogbonna reached out to her promising her a role in his new movie.

On why he did such, IK told Sunday Scoop;

“I modelled for a very long time before I started acting and I know the type of hustle that comes with auditions. I went for a lot of auditions and there were times that I wasn’t picked. I understood her point of view when she said that sometimes, it seems like you’d be offered the job, and then you don’t get the final call back. I know that for her to have been picked initially means she has some sort of talent. I cannot help everybody but I try to assist as many people as I can. I saw her for the first time when she made that post. The reality of life is that if you don’t bring yourself out there, nobody would see you. I sent her a message on Instagram and she responded. She is going to appear in my next movie and if any other job that I can recommend her for comes up, I would do that.”

On offering Cynthia the role just to garner publicity for himself;

“I already have free publicity because of what I do. I usually act three movies in a month; sometimes four. I don’t see the need for publicity stunts. It wasn’t even as if I made a post about it; I just made a comment on her post.”

http://newshelm.ng/why-i-reached-out-to-that-upcoming-actress-ik-ogbonna/

cc lalasticlaal mynd44
Re: Why I Reached Out To That Upcoming Actress – IK Ogbonna by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27am On Jun 10, 2018
Expect other upcoming ones to flood your timeline or slide to your inbox falling on top each other....
This is Nigeria!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

I Spent 500 Million On Linda Ikeji TV — Linda Ikeji Reveals / Celebrity Style Of The Week: Mai Atafo / Godgobless List 5 Female Celebrities Who Turned 40 This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.