Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:20 AM

Why Is My Urine Odor Like Rotten Egg? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is My Urine Odor Like Rotten Egg? (652 Views)

My Rotten Teeth Is Driving Girls Away From Me, Please Help / Well Water Smells Like Rotten Egg / Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Urine Odor Like Rotten Egg? by ojiezaky(m): 8:28am On Jun 10, 2018
Our Urine smell varies, each of us has a distinct smell. Sometimes change could occur as a result eating habits and medications. Sometimes an underling disease may be causing this ‘rotten egg’ scent.

Causes

Here are some of the reasons why urine can smell like rotten egg or sulfur. Learn what is behind this and when to see a physician.

1. Some Medications / Supplement

medications can cause your urine to smell like rotten egg. Examples are vitamin B supplements and sulfa drugs which treat diabetes , rheumatoid arthritis
Vitamin B supplements and sulfa drugs affect your body’s chemical balance. This may result in an excess of sulfur chemicals leaving your body through your urine

Drinking more water may help to dilute the sulfur compounds in the body and reduce the smell. If the problem continues , see your physician.

2. Fistulas

fistulas are abnormal openings found in the digestive tract and bladder. They could cause gastric juices to leak from the intestines into the bladder. bacteria from the intestines moves into the bladder.
causing infections, this could cause urine to scent like rotten egg .

Some fistulas may close on their own over time, while others may require surgery. But in any case regular monitoring is important to prevent other conditions.

3. Dehydration
Urine contain water and electrolyte and toxins that body releases. If you’re dehydrated, the ratio of water to electrolyte becomes smaller. Without drinking water to dilute the electrolyte, your urine may have a strong smell with darker yellow or orange color,

Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day to stay hydrated, especially after physical exercise. By avoiding alcohol, coffee and tea as they make you urinate often.

http://medfort.com.ng/why-is-my-urine-odor-like-rotten-egg/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Banana Peels Can Help Remove Tooth Stains : This Is How... / Don’t Use Urine, Breast Milk To Treat ‘apollo,’ Doctors Warn / Doc In The House, Am I Having Kidney Infection Or Something Else?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.