Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,108 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:38 PM

Public Extortion On Waste,lasg To Hear This. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Extortion On Waste,lasg To Hear This. (320 Views)

Waste: LASG Warns Ladipo, Oyingbo Markets Of Impending Indefinite Closure / Smart City: LASG To Light Up Lagos With LED Street Lights / Foodstuff Dealers Accuse Police Of Extortion On Highways During Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Extortion On Waste,lasg To Hear This. by Remoter: 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
I woke up this morning at Palm Avenue, mushin,south-west, Lagos, Nigeria to see independent garbage truck operator operating like old Aboki.

This operator is aware of the huge refuse deposited in all households and has decided to charge them between 1000 to 1500 naira to dispose off their waste.

This arrangement is far different from the monthly payment of 4800 to 6000 which is compulsory for each houses to pay into the account of PSP waste collector initiated by the local government authority with the consent of the state government.

The following are my concerns:

1. How many unlawful taxes would lagosians be made to pay on waste disposal.

2. Who authorise such an unlawful trip within the metropolis.

3. What is the guarantee that there will be proper disposal of these waste at the designated dump sites.

4. Why are legitimate PSP operators in Mushin and other parts of Lagos return to weekly waste collection as to once monthly currently being done without reduction in taxes.

5. When would the Government completely lay waste issue to rest.

6. If 4 above isn't addressed, why won't lagosians capitalise on the raining season and start using the drains to avert unlawful extortion devised by the local authorities.

These issues are crucial and shouldn't be handled with levity.

By concerned Lagosian.
Re: Public Extortion On Waste,lasg To Hear This. by Omololu007(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
For me,Lagos state needs another party in power.

I don't remember the last time I saw all this independent garbage truck operator (both public and private) in my area
Re: Public Extortion On Waste,lasg To Hear This. by Remoter: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
Omololu007:
For me,Lagos state needs another party in power.

I don't remember the last time I saw all this independent garbage truck operator (both public and private) in my area

For me, showing concern is more of importance at this time.

It is a serious extortion. Though I vehemently refused to pay.
Re: Public Extortion On Waste,lasg To Hear This. by Omololu007(m): 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
Remoter:

For me, showing concern is more of importance at this time.

It is a serious extortion. Though I vehemently refused to pay.
I will never pay.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Assembly Suspends ‘sleeping Honourable’ / FG Withholding Paris Club Refund To Starve Ekiti — FAYOSE / PDP Attacks Presidency For Referencing Killings While Party Was In Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.