Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,778 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (68630 Views)

Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 / Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by NairaMaster1(m): 11:16am On Jun 25, 2018
bujebudanu1:

Oga so everybody lives a kardachian life in new York and Miami?

Well.how I wan take console myself
What's my bizness
I don stay for better area for city.wen I mean better. Better estate
I don stay for ghetto too.

So tell me the difference in your life to people that stays in ghetto

Slums in those areas/ countys might not have d dirty drainages .wires. poles you see here

You mean you can't identify any wire and dirty drainages in the pix? Visit the nearest eye clinic.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by grandstar(m): 11:20am On Jun 25, 2018
Noble11:

You are right..it's called kibera

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 25, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
don't make stupid comments if you don't want people to point it out to you.
You don't exist to me so you are ignored
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by EvilMetahuman: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

You don't exist to me so you are ignored
see. Another stupid comment. grin
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 11:52am On Jun 25, 2018
Emeskhalifa:

God bless you for this.
Here in Abuja, in Gwarimpa, there is Gwarimpa village which is dominated by the lower class of people who majority of them work for the rich people.
You go to Maitama Abuja, there is a place called *gishiri" which is also dominated by the Lower class people who also work for higher class of people who reside in maitama. Even kubwa that's still underdeveloped still has its own slum called "kubwa village" which is dominated by people who are financially lesser than those staying in the main town of Kubwa.

So it's just like that. The rich needs the poor to work for them, to progress their businesses while the poor need money for sustainability.

exactly
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 25, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
see. Another stupid comment. grin

Why are you trying so hard to get my attention?

Do I make you weak in your knees?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by peacengine(m): 12:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
Saviour22:
EQ? grin My advice stay away from Romance section on this forum, if you don't want to get abuse, because if u carry this ur silliness enter Romance section u will wish for death.(take it as an advice from someone who cares)

Guy what is the meaning of this, why threaten the babe, are u mad? Na u own this forum, fuuuuul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by batmangh: 12:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
And you wonder why Nigerians are generally unwelcome in other countries. Common courtesy demands you act with respect and honesty whenever you are hosted in another country. You go to someones country, are welcomed,enjoys our social amenities and goodwill of the citizenry but whenever you get the chance you try to spread false information and slander. Please show us all where you read or what research work states that 80% of Accra is a slum.
OmoDavido:

Ghana slums are the worst in Africa.

80% of Accra are slum.

I live in Accra, so I know what I am saying

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by EvilMetahuman: 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

Why are you trying so hard to get my attention?

Do I make you weak in your knees?

yet another stupid comment.

You are just so full of it, ain't you? grin
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 25, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
yet another stupid comment.

You are just so full of it, ain't you? grin

You are trying too hard undecided

It makes you come of as weak & needy , this is not befitting for a man

#Sad indeed
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by awoofawoo: 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

Google and read up emotional intelligence

sad sad sad sad

Not commonly uses.......save your self unnecessary embarrassment by keeping it simple, too grammar no good! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by EvilMetahuman: 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

You are trying too hard undecided

It makes you come of as weak & needy , this is not befitting for a man

#Sad indeed
keep entertaining the world with stupid comments. grin
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
awoofawoo:

sad sad sad sad

Not commonly uses.......save your self unnecessary embarrassment by keeping it simple, too grammar no good! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Intelligence Quotient. Definition. Emotional quotient (EQ) or emotional intelligence is the ability to identify, assess, and control the emotions of oneself, of others, and of groups. An intelligence quotient (IQ) is a score derived from one of several standardized tests designed to assess intelligence. Abilities.

Knowledge is power

Google is free so is knowledge
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 25, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
keep entertaining the world with stupid comments. grin

Keep trying so hard

Weakness is apparent
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by sixtus3606(m): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
Yemea1:

Did I hear you say High profile estate.
Please mention one inline with the words HIGH PROFILE.
you understand English??
if yes, read through again.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by awoofawoo: 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

Intelligence Quotient. Definition. Emotional quotient (EQ) or emotional intelligence is the ability to identify, assess, and control the emotions of oneself, of others, and of groups. An intelligence quotient (IQ) is a score derived from one of several standardized tests designed to assess intelligence. Abilities.

Knowledge is power

Google is free so is knowledge
Knew all that, you don't need to lecture me aunt! Just to you to keep it simple, all these grammar no dey there ok? sad sad sad

Did you just said "knowledge Is Free"

You know nothing! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by blazer2018: 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
ElsonMorali:

See bro, if the elevator is broken down and not fixed that's a different case entirely.

The first apartment I lived in when I got to Dubai was just a 3 story building and it had lifts and I didn't even see the staircase until I was about to vacate the building. The elevator never broke. That's good maintenance culture.

Second, compare the number of fires that you've heard occurring in skyscrapers to the number of skyscrapers there actually are in the world and you'll realize that the ration is insignificant.

It's just like saying air travel is unsafe because you've heard and seen plane crashes.

But when you compare the number of flights that occur everyday around the world with the number if actual air mishaps then you'd be surprised that traveling by road with a car or bicycle is even more dangerous than air travel.

Well, i totally agree with u...but how good is d maintenance culture in slums in Hong Kong? That's my point
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by pennyforthought: 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
Belmot:
Don't be ignorant. India has the most slums in the world.

Actually google says it’s Mexico. India did have the largest slum in the world at one point but today that is in Pakistan. Also there is a report available on slum dwelling population of each country by year. China, Turkey, India etc had 60% of their population in slums in the 1960s. Today it is at 6% for China, 18% for India and 1% for Turkey. These countries keep reducing their slum population year upon year. Wanna know where slum populations are increasing ? Our countries, in Nigeria, in Kenya in C.A.R. We cannot pretend our countries are amazing when our slums are exploding out of control.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2018
awoofawoo:
Knew all that, you don't need to lecture me aunt! Just to you to keep it simple, all these grammar no dey there ok? sad sad sad

Did you just said "knowledge Is Free"

You know nothing! undecided undecided undecided undecided

undecided
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by LordAzubuike(f): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
Juliusmalema:

story na d one NTA tell u I go bliv

is better I bliv cnn,bbc than nta

lagos is a slum on its own
even the op is biased
trying to shift Nigeria slum to Ghana but was caught blue handed.

Hahahaha nigga said blue handed.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
Vianna:

No that's not true. Most Asians countries are just like Africa. Have you ever been to India? Even in metropolitan city like Mumbai, Delhi , Bengaluru, Hyderabad etc dirty ,polluted , you can't even breath fresh air due to population density.

Lmao are you serious?
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2019

You are very rude and crude , if you didn't agree with my comment you could have easily ignored me but you just had to show your attitude?

Please do not quote me again till you have learnt some manners only on this forum does one get this level of immaturity

Smh

Rude and Crude. Crude Oil grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Trailer Loses Brake In Imo, Crushes 20 Women To Death (Photos) / Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.