Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,670 members, 7,948,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos (713 Views)

Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos / Magu Quizzed Over 380 Houses, 7 Crude Oil-laden Ships, N37bn Assets / Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by ogunwale321: 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
The federal government said it has taken advantage of the new Meter Asset Provider (MAP) regulations to give a grant of N37 billion to a private sector operator to supply meters to interested Distribution Companies (DisCos).
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, disclosed this at the 28th monthly meeting of power stakeholders in Kaduna.
The meeting, hosted by Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company at the Mando transmission substation, had in attendance representatives of government power agencies and private operators across the value chain of Generation, Transmission and Distribution.

Source:https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1003/nigerian-govt-provides-n37bn-grant-for-prepaid-meter-supply-to-discos?new=1

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by GavelSlam: 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
Watch how people will twist this good news.
Re: Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by gurunlocker: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
I just hope they do as directed, prepaid Meyer should be distributed to people.

You pay for what you use.
Re: Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by SalamRushdie: 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
GavelSlam:
Watch how people will twist this good news.

There is actually nothing good about this news because it smacks of corruption... Metres are measuring and billing devices that are meant to help vendor coup their revenue , the metre is an asset of the vendor and not the consumer ..Just imagine someone opening a petrol station without a fuel pump and want the consumers to provide funds for this... I have many questions about the rationale behind govt providing fund to DISCOS to measure their own billings ...

1 . How will the govt recoup back this 37 billion Naira?

2 . I Suspect this cost will be passed on to the consumer under all kind of guise

3. Given both scenarios who will own the metre : is it the consumer or the govt or the Disco?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by GavelSlam: 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:

There is actually nothing good about this news because it smacks of corruption... Metres are measuring and billing devices that are meant to help vendor coup their revenue , the metre is an asset of the vendor and not the consumer ..Just imagine someone opening a petrol station without a fuel pump and want the consumers to provide funds for this... I have many questions about the rationale behind govt providing fund to DISCOS to measure their own billings ...

2 . I Suspect this cost will be passed on to the consumer under all kind of guise

3. Given both scenarios who will own the metre : is it the consumer or the govt or the Disco?

But you want metres not so?

Ok propose a solution?

When we tell you Jonathan sold the nation's power supply to inept cronies, the first thing you would say is the problem to be fixed. Calling the last government out is heresy in your lexicon.

Hypocrite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by SalamRushdie: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
GavelSlam:

But you want metres not so?

Ok propose a solution?
When we tell you Jonathan sold the nation's power supply to inept cronies, the first thing you would say is the problem to be fixed.

Hypocrite.

Honestly I believe that a disco that can't provide metres to it's customers in the first does not deserve to be a Disco ... Metres are the back bone of the DISCO business and if they can't sort that put what plan did they have in first place to recoup their so called investment...please can you name a single crony of Jonathan that owns a disco ?

Is Tony elemelu a Jonathan crony ?

Or the APC wigs behind IKEJA and EKO DISCOS cronies of Jonathan?
Re: Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by Grayxme: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ahaaa.....soon Meter wahala will be a thing of the past. Nice step cool cool
Re: Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by GavelSlam: 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Honestly I believe that a disco that can't provide metres to it's customers in the first does not deserve to be a Disco ... Metres are the back bone of the DISCO business and if they can't sort that put what plan did they have in first place to recoup their so called investment...please can you name a single crony of Jonathan that owns a disco ?

Is Tony elemelu a Jonathan crony ?

Or the APC wigs behind IKEJA and EKO DISCOS cronies of Jonathan?

All of them are inept.
Or are you saying they did well now?

Considering our history, this was one industry that required exceptional technical competence, use of world class organisations as consultants and operators.

Unfortunately, this is legally binding and we've reached the point of no return.

Elumelu might be an astute businessman doesn't change the narrative that his entrance into electricity distribution has been abysmal same for the others.

Even now, see how you are sidestepping the matter and one would wonder why I always call you a hypocrite.

Lastly, I asked you to suggest a solution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by Shawnnn01: 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Govt will recoup it money from whosever house the meter is installed. After all the meter is not installed in the house of the disco like the fuel pump meter stuck at the filling station.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by SalamRushdie: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
Shawnnn01:

Govt will recoup it money from whosever house the meter is installed. After all the meter is not installed in the house of the disco like the fuel pump meter stuck at the filling station.

Did you even read my comment at all
Re: Nigerian Govt Provides N37bn Grant For Prepaid Meter Supply To Discos by otokx(m): 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
These Discos are just corruptly oppressing Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Creativity At It's Best: Beautiful Work Of Arts By A Young Nigerian(pictures) / Abakilike Still Exists In Awka-anambra State Government / The Nigerian Cattle Herder Doesn’t Carry Anything More Than A Stick, Buhari Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.