Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,958 members, 7,949,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:26 AM

Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) (2447 Views)

See The Shocking Note , The Man Who Broke My Side Mirror Placed On My Windscreen / Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos / 5 Reasons Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt - Innoson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by Explorers(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
Horrific video footage shows a car driving at full speed into a toll plaza, leading to one of the passengers being violently ejected from the vehicle.

The driver of the car fails to slow down as it approaches the toll plaza.

The car is seen slamming into a barrier.

The impact of the crash sent one of the passenger hurtling what seemed like 20 feet in the air.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5832905/Terrifying-moment-car-smashed-Florida-toll-plaza-violently-ejected-one-passengers.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by Explorers(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
The passenger is seen below after he is violently ejected from the car, which at this point nearly tips over.

It took a few more seconds before someone realized that the ejected passenger was lying motionless alongside one of the toll booths.

1 Share

Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
let me guess... the person was busy on his/her phone.
Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by madridguy(m): 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2018
Noted.
Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by pweshboi(m): 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
Known fact...since the invention of seat belts
Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by OneTeslim(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
shocked shocked Noted!
Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by CarGuideNG: 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2018

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by Drniyi4u(m): 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
Wawu

The most irritating is seeing someone putting legs on the dashboard, I was disappointed seeing a man doing that some weeks ago. Accident won't inform you before occurring.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by Tapout(m): 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
very true...
Meanwhile most buses used as danfo dont have their seats attached to the vehicle.. Was inside one some time ago when the driver suddenly stepped on the breaks and All the passengers including the seat moved/jerked forward. Those who sat near the engine compartment had a story to tell. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by Jakumo(m): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
Many moons ago I attended a one-day "Drivers Education Class" conducted by a California Highway Patrol officer, as an alternative to having the latest of many speeding tickets entered into my DMV driver's record, thereby evading the penalty of being faced with substantially higher auto insurance rates.

It was during that driver's education lesson that I learnt about the manner in which the heads of unrestrained front-seat passengers tend to get sliced clean off during frontal impacts severe and violent enough to cause the car occupants NOT wearing seat-belts, to be ejected through the front windscreen.

Apparently, it is fairly common for unrestrained passengers' heads to smash jagged round holes in the windscreens on impact. Unlike in the above video, those holes in the windscreen are often just large enough to allow the heads, but not the shoulders, of unrestrained car occupants, to pass through, with the result that when the vehicle lurches backward after the initial jolt of the sudden stop, the body jerks rearward, decapitating the head, which frequently goes flying for quite a few yards, necessitating a search by police officers, to locate the head, as soon as the headless body is noted in the front seat of the vehicle.

The man who flew 20 yards or more in the above video clip will have died on the spot, or have suffered MAJOR brain trauma that will leave him seriously impaired for the rest of their life, so the fact that he did not lose his head in the process, is a moot point in this instance.

Wear that seat-belt, road users. It is there to save lives, and is NOT there as an interior decoration for your car.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by diportivo: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
question is

the hiace that goes as fast as 140 kmh on our roads don't av seat belts for passengers

what to do in that situation?
Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by Hakeem12(m): 10:41pm On Jun 12, 2018
Drniyi4u:
Wawu

The most irritating is seeing someone putting legs on the dashboard, I was disappointed seeing a man doing that some weeks ago. Accident won't inform you before occurring.
I have seen someone's leg broken because he always places them on the dashboard. We always warn him about it in case of an airbag deployment. He wouldn't listen. The day it happened, both of his legs were broken.
Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by Nobody: 3:26am On Jun 13, 2018
Drniyi4u:
Wawu

I love seeing that actually grin

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/after-painful-crash-mom-warns-passengers-to-keep-feet-off-of-the-dashboard/

Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:06am On Jun 13, 2018
Very informative thread.....
Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 13, 2018
Tapout:
very true...
Meanwhile most buses used as danfo dont have their seats attached to the vehicle.. Was inside one some time ago when the driver suddenly stepped on the breaks and All the passengers including the seat moved/jerked forward. Those who sat near the engine compartment had a story to tell. sad

A dango is a hazard on wheels.
Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by Auladimeji1: 11:40am On Jun 13, 2018
Majorities of motorists in Nigeria are using slack seat belt that can't even protect you from your village fifu

Re: Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt, Passenger Ejects Through Windscreen(Pics) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2018
oyb:

A dango is a hazard on wheels.

cool

Danfo Osi Ere, Eni to Nwa Lo Nsinwin grin

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Unmatching Beauty Of MITSUBISHI PAJERO 2017 MODEL / See The Amazing Transformation Of This Danfo Bus As Done By A Mechanic - Photos / I Need A Car Of 600k ..toyota ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.