Stats: 3,171,387 members, 7,881,400 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:43 PM

Why I No Longer Fear Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I No Longer Fear Hell (642 Views)

Why I Relocated To US – Pastor Sam Adeyemi / I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? / Are You Living A Holy Life Because You Fear Hell Or You Love Heaven. (2) (3) (4)

Why I No Longer Fear Hell by BigBashiru: 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
After years of tormenting myself with fear of hell and fear of wat God would do to me next this year I lost the fear of hell. Obviously Jesus Christ is the Son of God the power of the name and power of His salvation has been made available to whosoever shall believe (John 3:16). The scriptural command is also to strive to enter thru the narrow way and to be holy and obedient; this is the sovereign command of God to His creation and we must all (believer and unbeliever) walk in obedience rand fellowship with our Maker to be truly happy both in this world and the life after and do all Jesus commanded us.

However I found living in fear of hell is just not a way to live. I no longer fear hell because:

1. God created hell.
2. God ordained majority of mankind will end up there; though God is not willing that any should perish.
3. God is glorified through hell though we humans don't fully understand it...
4. A well known pastor known as Benny Hinn recently stood up and said in any given family God ordains some to heaven and others to hell. So if ur a family of 4 with brothers and sisters probably only 1 child is ordained to heaven so even if u go to heaven according to this wicked rubbish ur siblings are in hell and "God will make you forget" (quoting Benny Hinn). Father in hell son in heaven, so much love from a God who told us to be fruitful and multiply.

If hell was not part of Gods grand plan, he would not have created it.

This essay also asks the question: why is God designing all these wicked schemes against us if he loved us? The hardships in Nigeria is hell already, then mark of the beast and apocalypse, then Isaiah saw hell expanding, then Satan never dies in this age So satan can strike us but we can't kill it, and now God ordains some family members to heaven and others to hell. At each turn u can never have peace. Even salvation u can't be too sure until judgement day. So where is the love
Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by UrVillagePelsin(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hmmmm.....

Just fear God and keep his commandments... That's all you need to make heaven....i don't know what your talking about some persons been assigned to hell.... Remember that heavenly race is a personal something.

Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2018
BigBashiru:
After years of tormenting myself with fear of hell and fear of wat God would do to me next this year I lost the fear of hell. Obviously Jesus Christ is the Son of God the power of the name and power of His salvation has been made available to whosoever shall believe (John 3:16). The scriptural command is also to strive to enter thru the narrow way and to be holy and obedient; this is the sovereign command of God to His creation and we must all (believer and unbeliever) walk in obedience rand fellowship with our Maker to be truly happy both in this world and the life after and do all Jesus commanded us.

However I found living in fear of hell is just not a way to live. I no longer fear hell because:

1. God created hell.
2. God ordained majority of mankind will end up there; though God is not willing that any should perish.
4. A well known pastor known as Benny Hinn recently stood up and said in any given family God ordains some to heaven and others to hell. So if ur a family of 4 with brothers and sisters probably only 1 child is ordained to heaven so even if u go to heaven according to this wicked rubbish ur siblings are in hell and "God will make you forget" (quoting Benny Hinn). Father in hell son in heaven, so much love from a God who told us to be fruitful and multiply.

This essay also asks the question: why is God designing all these wicked schemes against us if he loved us? The hardships in Nigeria is hell already, then mark of the beast and apocalypse, then Isaiah saw hell expanding, then Satan never dies in this age So satan can strike us but we can't kill it, and now God ordains some family members to heaven and others to hell. At each turn u can never have peace. Even salvation u can't be too sure until judgement day. So where is the love

I assume u are a Christian,well I understand your predicament,every Christian who attempts to think and reconcile theology with reason always runs into this kind of problems,you saw the response from the guy above me,if you want to remain a Christian u might want to take his advice,but if you really want to find truth then you may need to be more courageous and INTELLECTUALLY HONEST because you may end up leaving religion entirely
Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by iamgeneral(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2018
You better follow the word of God not the word of one man because his a pastor or whatever, so if we are just two in my family me and my brother, who is going to hell? me or my brother' come on sharrap and read the word of God' so the Lord that died for our sins is a foolish God right? answer undecided
BigBashiru:

1. God created hell.

Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by iamgeneral(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
Every voice of the devil from the pit of hell is shout down by the power of the lord Jesus Christ who died for us on the cross to save us from hell in Jesus name Amennnn cool
Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by iamgeneral(m): 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
You want to make us fell heave is hard to enter right ? God pass you and there is no hell for any of us in Jesus name
Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by DOUBLEWAHALA: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2018
if i die today am not going to heaven if i die in 100yrs coming am still not going to heaven thats y i do things with courage
Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by BigBashiru: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
Benny Hinn based his theory on this Bible verse:

Job 24:20
The womb shall forget him; the worm shall feed sweetly on him; he shall be no more remembered; and wickedness shall be broken as a tree.
Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by BigBashiru: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
iamgeneral:
Every voice of the devil from the pit of hell is shout down by the power of the lord Jesus Christ who died for us on the cross to save us from hell in Jesus name Amennnn cool

U can't be too sure until judgement day.
Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by BigBashiru: 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2018
Maybe God only truly loves the remnant of Isreal specially and the rest of mankindare still loved but not in the same way. This is open to theological debate.
Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by InansBobo(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
BigBashiru:
A well known pastor known as Benny Hinn recently stood up and said in any given family God ORDAINS some to heaven and others to hell. So if ur a family of 4 with brothers and sisters probably only 1 child is ordained to heaven so even if u go to heaven according to this wicked rubbish ur siblings are in hell and "God will make you forget"
na wa for you ooo op. Do you read your Bible at all?
Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
iamgeneral:
You better follow the word of God not the word of one man because his a pastor or whatever, so if we are just two in my family me and my brother, who is going to hell? me or my brother' come on sharrap and read the word of God' so the Lord that died for our sins is a foolish God right? answer undecided

Imagine that for a second. Coming down on this earth, humbled himself and died for our sins.

That alone proves how great he loves us.

And all we have to do is believe in him and stay away from sin.

That's not much to ask.
Re: Why I No Longer Fear Hell by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
DOUBLEWAHALA:
if i die today am not going to heaven if i die in 100yrs coming am still not going to heaven thats y i do things with courage

What made you say that
As far as you are alive, you still have a chance.

I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This / Bishop Oyedepo Invites You To Covenant Day Of Vengeance Service / Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven?