Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,362 members, 7,950,756 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

Who Know This [for The Wise] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Know This [for The Wise] (801 Views)

87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix / Were The Wise Men Really 3? / If The THREE Wise Men Had Been THREE Wise Women.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Know This [for The Wise] by GoodMuyis(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2010
Friends Pls Who the meaning of the below and the bold words bellow

(Daniel 11:14 KJV) And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also[b] the robbers of thy people[/b] shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall.

No Jokes here for the Joker this isn't comedy am serious to this angry angry cool cool
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by GoodMuyis(m): 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by e36991: 12:38am On Jun 04, 2010
GoodMuyis:

(Daniel 11:14 KJV) And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south:

also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall.

No Jokes here for the Joker this isn't comedy am serious to this  angry angry cool cool

GoodMuyis:

@GoodMuyis

Here is an Ezekiel 7:22 parallel:

"My face will I turn also from them, and they shall pollute my secret place: for the robbers shall enter into it, and defile it."

and here is Wesley's commentary on it:

Turn - Either from the Jews, or from the Chaldeans, neither relieving the one nor restraining the other.
Secret place - The temple, and the holy of holies.
Robbers - The soldiers.

Now, show your hand wink . . .
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by Joagbaje(m): 10:11am On Jun 04, 2010
It refers to the solidiers of anthiocuss Epipames. I hope youre not linking it to pastors ?
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by petres007(m): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2010
Joagbaje:

It refers to the solidiers of anthiocuss Epipames. I hope youre not linking it to pastors ?

grin grin grin
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Jun 04, 2010
GoodMuyis:

(Daniel 11:14 KJV) And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also[b] the robbers of thy people[/b] shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall.

No Jokes here for the Joker this isn't comedy am serious to this angry angry cool cool

"the robbers of thy people" is referring to the pockets of gangs fighting against the king of the north criss crossing Judah sandwiched between them thereby desecrating the holy temple.  It is both history and prophecy combined.  The first part has been fulfilled while the other part will be fulfilled in this generation.

Read more details in the excerpt below:

THE POWER AND DEFEAT OF THE GREATER KINGDOM
Daniel 11:13-20; 1 Kings 20:22-30; Jeremiah 46:6-8; Revelation 17:17; Job 20:8; Ezekiel 26:21; Psalm 37:35-38; Proverbs 19:21.

The detailed prophecy of Daniel was fulfilled to the minutest detail. The wars between the south and the north of Judah occurred exactly as Daniel had prophesied. God had sent an angel from heaven and the angel showed Daniel the events that will take place on earth over a period of many years. This part of Daniel’s prophecy has been fulfilled already. The latter part of the eleventh chapter and the twelveth chapter are still to be fulfilled. We have no doubt concerning their fulfilment. The word is true and the fulfilment is certain. Jesus said, “when ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel, the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)” Jesus said that Daniel was a true prophet; that there are details of his prophecy which were not yet fulfilled in His days on earth; and that other parts of Daniel’s prophecy which had not been fulfilled will yet be fulfilled. Knowing

Click on Prolonged warfare between Gentile kings (July 6, 2009).

http://dclm.org/Resources/BibleStudiesServices/tabid/130/Default.aspx
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by aletheia(m): 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2010
Joagbaje:

grin grin grin
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by aletheia(m): 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2010
GoodMuyis:

Here is one possible interpretation:
Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible:
Dan 11:14
Many stand up against the king of the south - Antiochus, and Philip king of Macedon, united together to overrun Egypt.
Also the robbers of thy people - The Jews, who revolted from their religion, and joined Ptolemy, under Scopas: -
Shall exalt themselves to establish the vision - That is, to build a temple like that of Jerusalem, in Egypt, hoping thereby to fulfil a prediction of Isaiah, Isa 30:18-25, which seemed to intimate that the Jews and the Egyptians should be one people. They now revolted from Ptolemy, and joined Antiochus; and this was the means of contributing greatly to the accomplishment of prophecies that foretold the calamities that should fall upon the Jews.
But they shall fall - For Scopas came with a great army from Ptolemy; and, while Antiochus was engaged in other parts, reduced Coelesyria and Palestine, subdued the Jews, placed guards on the coasts of Jerusalem, and returned with great spoils to Egypt.

But the phrase: shall exalt themselves to establish the vision, makes me to ask the question, what vision? May be one alluded to earlier in the book of Daniel, but we all need to do some more study.
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by nuclearboy(m): 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2010
Seems Joagbaje "knows" pastors and Robbers are synonymous grin grin grin

I actually prefer "that" interpretation to Aletheias'. Sadly, the Word of God is not for private interpretation so my preference won't count here kiss
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2010
nuclearboy:

I actually prefer "that" interpretation to Aletheias'. Sadly, the Word of God is not for private interpretation so my preference won't count here kiss

[size=15pt]Never talk blasphemy about the men of God[/size]
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by petres007(m): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2010
nuclearboy:

Una no go kill me for NL cheesy grin grin grin

toba:

[size=15pt]Never talk blasphemy about the men of God[/size]

Yes sir! grin
Re: Who Know This [for The Wise] by GoodMuyis(m): 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2010

Am A Bible student i know what am asking

and for those Joker well done i know you won't take intructions

Now am getting my answers from The WISE (and Google also)while the Jokers keep up with the Comedy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Satan Has Power Over Those Who Do Not Forgive Others / Prayer For Nigeria / Mr Seun, You Need To Scrap Religion Section Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.