Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,986 members, 7,942,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola (46205 Views)

Throwback Photo Of MKO Abiola And Kudirat Inspecting A Building Project / Throwback Pictures Of MKO Abiola During June 12 / Throwback Photo Of MKO Abiola And Obasanjo In Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by Patokeikem: 4:14am On Jun 14, 2018
Thanx
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by clemzo101(m): 4:40am On Jun 14, 2018
With all this proverbs he was foolish to declare himself president, as far as im concerned, Abiola is a foolish man
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by kotv: 4:52am On Jun 14, 2018
I don't know if they are really his quotes but number 10

10)
Accept what God has given you and make the best use of it

That's the best of them all.
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by Mhomies: 5:18am On Jun 14, 2018
--- the tree that you lean on and cannot sustain you, if it falls on you it will not kill you. MKO Abiola
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by adetes: 5:18am On Jun 14, 2018
This Abiola matter on this nairaland will b like big brother Nigeria
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 14, 2018
Kingpee2:
your existence has actually amounted to nothing ,did you not hear of the history of June 12?you called those proverbs trash,which one have you ever thought of ?

who June 12 epp afterall is a yoruba regional holiday.
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by Dinani: 6:41am On Jun 14, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Has Shonekon died or any bad thing befallen him?
I'm just wondering about that Abiola's second proverb to Shonekon. undecided

He made use of the proverb...that's why he is alive
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by Blonchilli(m): 7:00am On Jun 14, 2018
Nigeria! Where a man who funded the first terrorist organization in the country is celebrated decades later for being a national hero. Someday Shekau could be conferred a national honor too
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by supereagle(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2018
He was always speaking proverbially. There's another one : He who traded in selling cow meat (nomo) that he said he was not making profits, but he would turn to selling pigeon meat.
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by hopekemzi: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2018
LOL. FUNNY YOU
Ishilove:

Yes darling. Here are two:

1 Like

Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2018
Check Our Signature Below and reach out to us. Watch this Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lym8cY79oHQ
Its 50% Discount PROMO in Lakowe Golf: Own A CofO Land in Prime Location And With Peace of Mind! Lands and Property Assets Owned in Good Locations,acquired RIGHTLY, through a REPUTABLE SOURCE are the best acquisition and investments to ever have.
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by Godson32(m): 10:10am On Jun 14, 2018
Abiola's Quote: I can do without the Ibos. Now how market.
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by Laid2001: 10:13am On Jun 14, 2018
naptu2:

Here's the truth. I lived during the era of most of these people that you mentioned and I saw details of their lives that are not really published in the media today.

The truth is that none of them is a saint and none of them is a devil. They are people like you and they have their good points and their flaws. Some people might like to highlight their good points and some people might like to highlight their flaws, but they have both flaws and good points.

I remember a letter I wrote to a Nairalander before the 2015 election. I said that most of the bad things that were being written about Buhari were untrue and I took the time to debunk them (I could do that easily because I remember his first administration very well), yet I told her that I didn't want Buhari to be president and I outlined the reasons (again, I could do that because I remember his administration very well). The truth is that Buhari has both his good and bad sides.

Once again, I'm a huge fan of both Fela and Abiola, but the truth is that both of them would most likely be in jail if they lived in this era (or if I was president).

Most of us that were adult during Abiola's life knew that he is greta. And his greatness and dispute with Fela does not reduce from Fela's greatness either. Had both of them lived long, they would have reconciled eventually.
In truth, no great man is a saint. No single man is without his blemish. Mahathir the great of Malaysia, who is the father of modern Malaysia and the initiator of " Malaysia Boleh" (Malaysia, We can) slogan is still alive today. He had an epic battle with his deputy prime mister then, Anwar, and set him up for fraud and sodomy. Anwar was jailed and lost all political relevance then. Anwar came out from prison and set up an opposition party. Mahathir left political scene in 2003 or so. Last year, Mahathir came back to politics at 92 years of age and joined Anwar's party, because the prime minister, on his former parties platform, who was his mentee in 2003 has been accused of corruption. To cut it short, Anwar's party won election this year and made Mahathir the prime minister again. But Anwar is still currently in prison on his third spell of conviction on sodomy. Now Mahathir believed Anwar is innocent and has recommended his pardon to the King. Anwar's wife is now the deputy prime minister.

So, moral of the story is that, there is no permanent enemy in politics And saints don't play it either.

But haven said that, great men still exists, notwithstanding their imperfection. Imperfect as he is, Abiola is a great man by all ramification.!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by themodernman: 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

No matter how wide/big a vagina is, it cannot service itself, its the penis that will do justice to it, by slapping the swollen clitoris .

Abiola 1994

Its only one foul smell i can endure, and that's the oozing smell from the vagina

Abiola 1991, not proverb sha but a quote. most noted quote of all time.

Ori e ti daru...
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by Bomi(m): 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
Funnicator:
You people have started again?!

See them trying too hard to paint good, the very same Abiola who hobnobbed with his military friends and financially sponsored IBB coup.

If you seek men to idolize, certainly not one who was so brash, immature, emotional, careless and childish to declare himself President without receiving an ordinary certificate of return from the National Electoral Council.

If he were an honorable man, he would never let emotions take the best of him to declare himself President, as for me. He is never a role model and serves him right because he dined and laughed with the same military he sponsored, only to turn around and be betrayed.

The Yorubas say "when eating with an enemy, use long spoon", can he be a wise leader as to be so careless, reckless and funding military coups? Certainly not.

In the end, he was never a president of Federal Republic of Nigeria.

#proudlyYoruba.
This is most senseless post I have read. Abiola is not in the military and coupists dose not need money because it is a game of death. Please reason before posting
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by CptBule(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
naptu2:

Thank you.

grin
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by mfm04622: 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
naptu2

I follow your diary and I see you mention creating threads, finishing threads, remembering things to include etc. I searched all over but can't find the threads. Are they not on Nairaland?
Re: 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola by mfm04622: 8:35am On Jun 27, 2018
naptu2

Saw your comment about the solution to the herder/farmer crisis. Can you please share it? Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NLC Vows To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Others From Tomorrow / Lawrence Oborawhareivwo Ewhrudjakpo; The Urhobo Deputy Governor Of Bayelsa State / Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.