Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,868 members, 7,848,520 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) (65674 Views)

Pogba Lookalike Spotted In Nigeria [photos ] / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Samunique(m): 8:57am On Jun 14, 2018
adesina746:

I just dey see am o i for no even quote am before d guy transfer him slavery give person
grin
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by papoudaupolos: 8:59am On Jun 14, 2018
aribisala0:
Wearing suits is part of the Nigerian culture in 2018. Just like eating with cutlery, wearing bras, smoking cigarettes, using Brazilian hair and so on

That does not make the suit Nigerian dress. It is borrowed.

The issue is whether suits are indigenous to Iran or not.

There are very few countries in the world where suits are not a PART of the culture but how big a part.?
In Nigeria suits are a greater part of the corporate culture and smaller part of the social culture
All I'm saying go and take a geography class. U ll knw what you are struggling to explain here

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by revontuli(f): 9:03am On Jun 14, 2018
Encoreunltd:

Aso means attire/cloth
Ebi means family

Asoebi simply means family attire or uniform attire worn by a family to distinguish themselves from others

N/B you can only find asoebi at owanbe.

What is owanbe?
Owanbe is a social gathering as in a party with fanfare and carnival like atmosphere thrown by Yoruba ethnic group from south west Nigeria

Thank you for the explanation! So those dresses ladies wear at traditional weddings are asoebi?

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by AfricAryan: 9:03am On Jun 14, 2018
Rapoo:
super eagles were showcasing our unbeatable cultural heritage while Iranian footballers were showcasing high level of class
Cultural heritage my foot. Which Nigerian culture be that? They will wear Indian clothe and say cultural heritage

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by abeggnow: 9:09am On Jun 14, 2018
hisgrace090:
Wornders shall never end, so Iranians now preffaire suit against their sackcloths?

This means that western culture is no longer evil as claimed by bokoharam.
you are so ignorant its shocking. Iranians are shia muslims bokoharam are salafist sunni muslims, iranians here highly educated people both male and female, Iranian are not arabs, Iranians do not wear sack cloths its arabs that do that. Try to learn before you spill.ignoramus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by abeggnow: 9:11am On Jun 14, 2018
hisgrace090:
Wornders shall never end, so Iranians now preffaire suit against their sackcloths?

you are so ignorant its shocking. Iranians are shia muslims bokoharam are salafist sunni muslims, iranians here highly educated people both male and female, Iranian are not arabs, Iranians do not wear sack cloths its arabs that do that. Try to learn before you spill.ignoramus!!
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Rapoo(m): 9:23am On Jun 14, 2018
Mustay:

What's the craze with suits? Why do Africans have a complex issue when it comes to viewing and appreciating our attire? In fact, if they could put on Agbada and Danshiki because of the cold, let them do so. If Ahmed Musa wants to put on the turban sef, let him do so. If Rohr wants to put on shorts, let him but it's the effect of the media when they feature foreign attire so much that you like it better than yours and see it as standard. Irony is that this people you want to copy are looking for our own clothes due to the unique designs and colors.

The suit has a purpose and if it doesn't suit us, there's no need to suit up!

It's amazing when you OP define Iranians as class and ours as cultural heritage. Define class please.
where are you even diving at why making issues out of nothing.

I never in my comment remember saying that Iranian footballers wore the best. I only but commended and admired their attires.

and you asking me to define class

when an individual or group of people wears an unbeatable cultural attire like I said earlier is Class

and when they equally wear a well fitted English attire is Class

you quoted me out of Context
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Rapoo(m): 9:25am On Jun 14, 2018
AfricAryan:

Cultural heritage my foot. Which Nigerian culture be that? They will wear Indian clothe and say cultural heritage

is this jealousy of what?
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Mustay(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2018
Rapoo:

where are you even diving at why making issues out of nothing.

I never in my comment remember saying that Iranian footballers wore the best. I only but commended and admired their attires.

and you asking me to define class

when an individual or group of people wears an unbeatable cultural attire like I said earlier is Class

and when they equally wear a well fitted English attire is Class

you quoted me out of Context

You're the one reacting out of context. It's just a public forum, do not take any comment personal. I hear your definition of class.

What I know is defined by class is

a set or category of things having some property or attribute in common and differentiated from others by kind, type, or quality

or

showing stylish excellence

Those qualities of differentiation and style mark it for me.

Cheers
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by hisgrace090: 9:31am On Jun 14, 2018
chris2face:

God bless u for this comment infact one bottle of Hero for you
tuale baba

I'm taking one right away. Thanks!
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by theDEVILisHERE: 9:32am On Jun 14, 2018
dominique:

The boys look good but the outfit is awful smiley

It's a summer occasion
That outfit is classic

The Best

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by showafrica(m): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2018
My mind dey tell me say na Biafran flag go full for stadium
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by theDEVILisHERE: 9:42am On Jun 14, 2018
Traditional should be the African way
Senegal did same

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by theDEVILisHERE: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2018
aribisala0:
Wearing suits is part of the Nigerian culture in 2018. Just like eating with cutlery, wearing bras, smoking cigarettes, using Brazilian hair and so on

That does not make the suit Nigerian dress. It is borrowed.

The issue is whether suits are indigenous to Iran or not.

There are very few countries in the world where suits are not a PART of the culture but how big a part.?
In Nigeria suits are a greater part of the corporate culture and smaller part of the social culture

Black people wearing suit look like slaves
Very very stupid look

In Traditional attire they look royal and elegant
Wear them

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2018
dominique:
Nothing can ever make me like this carnival outfit worn by the super eagles. It looks annoyingly ridiculous

The Iranians look like groomsmen though
d iranians 4 wear their traditional cloth come if dem get 2 head. U no like our cloth doesn't make it ridiculous
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Bashirjaja01(m): 9:52am On Jun 14, 2018
safarigirl:
Nigeria based on cultural representation.

Iran does not look diferent from Brazil or England....no uniqueness. Nigeria has that

The only thing the Nigerian team missed, is arrangement. Dem just gather like small children wey wan snap picture, no coordination
Well Said
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by OmoOshodi(m): 9:52am On Jun 14, 2018
The German machines arrives
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Just2endowed2(m): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2018
dominique:
Nothing can ever make me like this carnival outfit worn by the super eagles. It looks annoyingly ridiculous

The Iranians look like groomsmen though

U too like marriage outfit.

I saw ur message... I am waiting for reply as you promised
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by OmoOshodi(m): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2018
The German machines arrives now

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Babacele: 9:56am On Jun 14, 2018
wao! Naija boys look so nice, free, different ,unique ,fit,and traditionally modern in that outfit. Love you boys; go make us proud. God bless Naija.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:58am On Jun 14, 2018
papoudaupolos:

Iranians are Persians wearing suite is part of their culture.
They are not Arab or like to be called that.
Little Geography knowledge will have save yu from showing Bigotry ignorantly.
virtually everyone wears suit worldwide. But at d same, we all have our traditional attire. wearing suit in iran is a borrowed concept. D Russians, Germans, Scandinavians e.t.c all have their local traditional wears
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by suremanpatriot: 9:59am On Jun 14, 2018
Where is Neymah my pickin?
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by kmaster007: 10:02am On Jun 14, 2018
Nebuchadnezar:
honestly
just look at how simple serious teams like Argentina Belgium are
shows they mean business
imagine the outfit of Messi soo simple when he can buy all super eagle with his 3 weeks wages grin
chai.... u finish dem like seriously..
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Revolva(m): 10:10am On Jun 14, 2018
nigeria team be like oreintal brothers
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by 2016v2017: 10:16am On Jun 14, 2018
hisgrace090:

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Rapoo(m): 10:16am On Jun 14, 2018
Mustay:

You're the one reacting out of context. It's just a public forum, do not take any comment personal. I hear your definition of class.

What I know is defined by class is

a set or category of things having some property or attribute in common and differentiated from others by kind, type, or quality

or

showing stylish excellence

Those qualities of differentiation and style mark it for me.

Cheers

It may interest you to know that I never took it personal

besides, we're even saying the same thing.

whether an adorable cultural attire or
well fitted English wears

All na Class on its own
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:16am On Jun 14, 2018
hisgrace090:

intellectualy lazy yoot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by 2016v2017: 10:17am On Jun 14, 2018
safarigirl:
Nigeria based on cultural representation.

Iran does not look diferent from Brazil or England....no uniqueness. Nigeria has that

The only thing the Nigerian team missed, is arrangement. Dem just gather like small children wey wan snap picture, no coordination
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Teeboi56: 10:17am On Jun 14, 2018
How we u compare this to Nigeria Wear
Nigeria Wear is d best compare to none

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by AdeniyiA(m): 10:19am On Jun 14, 2018
Ishilove:
Na wa for world cup o. The players are either wearing aso ebi or looking ridiculously hot in photoshoots

Hi Ishi, bn a while.
I tot u're no longer here
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 10:19am On Jun 14, 2018
Nigerian outfit looks better but lots of bearded handsome men in Iraqi team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lorenzo Sanz Dies After Contracting Coronavirus / Fan Quits Chelsea, Burns Jersey After Mourinho Sacked...Returns To Arsenal (pic) / Abdul Sule's N3.6 Billion EC145 Spec Helicopter (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.