Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,089 members, 7,939,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

If You Do This, You Need To Change. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Do This, You Need To Change. (449 Views)

Woman Reports Noisy Church To LASEPA. Forces Them To Change Venue Of Vigil / THE MYSTICAL POWER OF THE CROSSROADS (power to change your life) / What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Do This, You Need To Change. by Martinez19(m): 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
There is a problem I have discovered that needs to be rooted out from people. It's the problem of hearing what one wants to hear and seeing what one wants to see even at the expense of reality and rationality. A common trap that triggers this problem is self-evaluation. Many people want to feel good about themselves and their habits/actions that they only appreciate positive reviews and complements. Nobody wants to be told that they are being stupid(even when they actually are), religious people don't want to be told that they've wasted their lives or they have been fooled etc.

If you find yourself in a position where you continuously ignore rationality and reality to preserve your ideology, beliefs or habits, then you have a problem of intellectual failing. Worse is when you try to distort data and create a reality that supports your perspective. You have really not started "living life" if you are guilty of this. We should always learn that it's about how we want it, it's about what it is and despite what we choose to believe, reality won't bend to you, the laws of nature are always the same and can never be changed. This intellectual failing has to stop. You can't always be right.

1 Like

Re: If You Do This, You Need To Change. by zyzxx(m): 9:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
Christianity is the reality

1 Like

Re: If You Do This, You Need To Change. by Martinez19(m): 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
zyzxx:
Christianity is the reality
No it's not. Atheism is the reality. Face it or live in ignorance.
Re: If You Do This, You Need To Change. by Butterflyleo: 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
Martinez19:
There is a problem I have discovered that needs to be rooted out from people. It's the problem of hearing what one wants to hear and seeing what one wants to see even at the expense of reality and rationality. A common trap that triggers this problem is self-evaluation. Many people want to feel good about themselves and their habits/actions that they only appreciate positive reviews and complements. Nobody wants to be told that they are being stupid(even when they actually are), religious people don't want to be told that they've wasted their lives or they have been fooled etc.

If you find yourself in a position where you continuously ignore rationality and reality to preserve your ideology, beliefs or habits, then you have a problem of intellectual failing. Worse is when you try to distort data and create a reality that supports your perspective. You have really not started "living life" if you are guilty of this. We should always learn that it's about how we want it, it's about what it is and despite what we choose to believe, reality won't bend to you, the laws of nature are always the same and can never be changed. This intellectual failing has to stop. You can't always be right.

So says an atheist who ALWAYS wants to be right.

The irony of this post and the inherent foolishness therein deserves an award.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Do This, You Need To Change. by ScienceWatch: 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

So says an atheist who ALWAYS wants to be right.

The irony of this post and the inherent foolishness therein deserves an award.

I am glad I didn't log off now that I saw this.
LMAO , Your kindness is legendary Sir. It amazes me how you find suitable awards for these deserving persons.
Re: If You Do This, You Need To Change. by ScienceWatch: 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
Martinez19:
There is a problem I have discovered that needs to be rooted out from people. It's the problem of hearing what one wants to hear and seeing what one wants to see
This intellectual failing has to stop. You can't always be right.

Are You saying that it is an intellectual failing if people want to hear their favourite music or see their choice of movie.

I can agree with you if you want to establish a dictatorship Sir.

(1) (Reply)

Please Stop Turning God's Word Upside Down. Christian Beware / I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 27/08/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.