Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,359 members, 7,947,582 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:03 AM

HHWA And The Politics Of Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / HHWA And The Politics Of Music (2378 Views)

Lovers Of Soukous Genre Of Music Which Some People Call Makossa / List Of Music Schools In Nigeria / Pls, Contacts Of Music Producers U Know In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

HHWA And The Politics Of Music by RemyDunat: 8:42am On Jun 03, 2010
Hmmm, I have a few questions. How is it possible that Mode9 wins lyricist on d roll for 5years! Every year, Mode9 takes it. This year was a bit understandable considering the people he was nominated with, but I really believe M.I shold have had it. Comparing lyrics on "Somebody wants to Die" and "Badman" isn't it obvious??

Then of course there is the "Next Rated" category which Skuki won. I refuse to even say who should have got it, who do you think?
I guess we would have to wait to see how things turn out next year. What do u think?
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by rapjunkie(m): 8:47am On Jun 03, 2010
Remy Dunat:

Hmmm, I have a few questions. How is it possible that Mode9 wins lyricist on d roll for 5years! Every year, Mode9 takes it. This year was a bit understandable considering the people he was nominated with, but I really believe M.I shold have had it. Comparing lyrics on "Somebody wants to Die" and "Badman" isn't it obvious??

Then of course there is the "Next Rated" category which Skuki won. I refuse to even say who should have got it, who do you think?
I guess we would have to wait to see how things turn out next year. What do u think?

i think that you dont know anything about anything.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by tosinaded(m): 9:22am On Jun 03, 2010
mode9's own is politics
skuki won because people would rather vote for banger than champion or pump it up
the awards are up for votes except the lyricist on the roll
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by rapjunkie(m): 10:34am On Jun 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

mode9's own is politics
skuki won because people would rather vote for banger than champion or pump it up
the awards are up for votes except the lyricist on the roll

Politics?. . . . . what's the politics in lyrics?

The award is for all lyricism.  that's why its called 'lyricist on a roll'

'I solo like isolo doesn't count' neither does 'M.I's too ill like sickness an STD like syphillis'  thats really bad  lipsrsealed

Have u NOT listened to the Davinchi Mode?. . . 

If u have, then where is the politics?

For an example of sheer wit, humour and a great moral message in the lyrics, please listen to  'tale of the pots' on the album

Now its time to clap your hands and stomp your feet for the Mathematical Sege. . . . MODENINE!!
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by tosinaded(m): 10:40am On Jun 03, 2010
guy stop asking me stupid questions abeg!!!!
was da vinci mode nominated for the awards or badman?
wuts lyrical about badman?

why is that particular award not open for public voting?
u dey here dey follow me talk rubbish
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by eldee(m): 10:58am On Jun 03, 2010
rapjunkie:

Politics?. . . . . what's the politics in lyrics?

The award is for all lyricism.  that's why its called 'lyricist on a roll'

'I solo like isolo doesn't count' neither does 'M.I's too ill like sickness an STD like syphillis'  thats really bad  lipsrsealed

Have u NOT listened to the Davinchi Mode?. . . 

If u have, then where is the politics?

For an example of sheer wit, humour and a great moral message in the lyrics, please listen to  'tale of the pots' on the album

Now its time to clap your hands and stomp your feet for the Mathematical Sege. . . . MODENINE!!

You see where the problem is?? The award was not for Modenine's Da Vinci Mode or Contradiction or Tale of Two Fry Pans, it was for Badman.
So I should be asking you and not the original poster if you're thinking properly.
Great moral message ko . . . tales by moonlight ni.

'I'm not a star I'm a planet bigger than Jupiter' grin grin
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by Mobinga: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2010
una don start?
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by RemyDunat: 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2010
Rapjunkie ur either just a hater or u don't wanna read between the lines. Ur always opposing without making good sense with ur opposition. I can quite understand that. Lmao

Btw Badman and Somebody wants To die, in terms of lyrics? Please, think again! M.I held it down.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2010
Mobinga:

una don start?
abi o! One person go still get black eye before we comot mouth for this matter
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by eldee(m): 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2010
arkinses:

abi o! One person go still get black eye before we comot mouth for this matter

Na today I don dey flog haters?? I no dey use blow, na cane I dey take trash these boys.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by slimshay(m): 12:57pm On Jun 03, 2010
I know say this matter must surface. And i know say Eldee go get say.

Anyways, I dont think Badman deserved it.

Just my 2 cents, always free as usual.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by eldee(m): 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2010
slimshay:

Even Modenine doesn't think Badman deserves the award grin grin

M.I said, Modenine is a legend . . . that's a fact, but he completely ignored the word 'Badman'.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2010
2sure2shizzy sef lyrical pass both of them join

This make me remember when I was a ***** smoking marijuana
speaking many grammar
Then I brought my swagga together
Telling my brother, father, mother that one day I wanna be a singer

BEAT THAT!!!
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by eldee(m): 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
arkinses:

2sure2shizzy sef lyrical pass both of them join

This make me remember when I was a ***** smoking marijuana
speaking many grammar
Then I brought my swagga together
Telling my brother, father, mother that one day I wanna be a singer

BEAT THAT!!!

No . . . Modenine is more lyrical than most rappers . . . FACT.
But most songs are more lyrically polished than Badman. . . FACT.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by tosinaded(m): 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
@arkinses
lmfao. . . u dey crase
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by slimshay(m): 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2010
ha ha ha ha 2sure2shizzy. . . .ol boy now thats what I'm talking about  grin  grin   grin

@Eldee abeg wetin exactly Mode9 talk about the award. Cos I'm very sure he himself would not approve. Badman?. . . .meeeh!!!!

Although to be honest badman contains some lyrical gems, but i guess here on NL its all lost in the 'sound-like-mi' 'jupiter' discussions plus my personal favourite. . . .'the career killing one-liner' discussion.

I'm not in their world, they give me out of space looks
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by rapjunkie(m): 2:01pm On Jun 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

guy stop asking me silly questions abeg!!!!
was da vinci mode nominated for the awards or badman?
wuts lyrical about badman?

why is that particular award not open for public voting?
u dey here dey follow me talk rubbish

eldee:

You see where the problem is?? The award was not for Modenine's Da Vinci Mode or Contradiction or Tale of Two Fry Pans, it was for Badman.
So I should be asking you and not the original poster if you're thinking properly.
Great moral message ko . . . tales by moonlight ni.

'I'm not a star I'm a planet bigger than Jupiter' grin grin

slimshay:

the one thing all your comments have in common is that none of them give an example of a better song ( lyrically) than 'badman'. FACT. . . .

SWTD is the better song ( not lyrically) . . . .i like the intro,I prefer the beat and Ice Prince is on it. . . .but lyrically?. . . . .do we need to go over this

Please name the song that is lyrically better than 'badman'
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by eldee(m): 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
rapjunkie:

the one thing all your comments have in common is that none of them give an example of a better song ( lyrically) than 'badman'. FACT. . . .

SWTD is the better song ( not lyrically) . . . .i like the intro,I prefer the beat and Ice Prince is on it. . . .but lyrically?. . . . .do we need to go over this

Please name the song that is lyrically better than 'badman'

SWTD trashes Badman on every level, Sample is as lyrical as the word goes . . .
These were two songs with peach production and sick lines . . . how can 'I'm not a star I'm a planet bigger than Jupiter' be winning lyricist on the roll??
What next Terry G's Free Madness will win Best Soul Song??

Stop being a hater, it's easier to think properly when your emotions are not misleading you.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by tosinaded(m): 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2010
and another crazy guy on a fagbo levels step in
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2010
Wow!!Not again,
It looks like the argument is btw Modey's "Badman" and Mi "SWTD.So the best way to resolve issues like this amongst bunch of "i no go gree" pple is to post the lyrics to the song by both parties involved and comment constructively cuz most of those dat r against it are purely MI's faithfuls.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by eldee(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2010
Isn't it funny how rapjunkie woke up on the 3rd June 2010 and went on a 4 thread hating tirade on Mister Incredible?? cheesy cheesy

Reminds me of the days Bolaji used to run around looking for me and hating on every thread.
The Lord that cured Ofoka shall cure all the other haters in Jesus name. grin grin
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by eldee(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
olayokun:

Wow!!Not again,
It looks like the argument is btw Modey's "Badman" and Mi "SWTD.So the best way to resolve issues like this amongst bunch of "i no go gree" pple is to post the lyrics to the song by both parties involved and comment constructively cuz most of those dat r against it are purely MI's faithfuls.

Count the M.I faithfuls on Nairaland . . .
You think I have my head up an artist's arse like you's lot??

Just listen to yourself speak, are Tosin and Sauron M.I faithfuls?? Or is it Slimshay??
I can't bear it when you guys don't give your brains a chance.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2010
eldee:

Count the M.I faithfuls on Nairaland . . .
You think I have my head up an artist's arse like you's lot??

Just listen to yourself speak, are Tosin and Sauron M.I faithfuls?? Or is it Slimshay??
I can't bear it when you guys don't give your brains a chance.

Speaking of d devil.
I now c d reason peeps on NL avoid u like a plague,u're always speakin off point.
Post the Lyric if u gat it n not trying to take me thru elementary class of MI faithfuls.PI-SHIAUN
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by tosinaded(m): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2010
am a saucekid fan. . . i rep ghetto p also!
every1 knows that

badman is not a lyrical song. . . . .swtd beats the song down
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by rapjunkie(m): 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2010
eldee:

SWTD trashes Badman on every level, Sample is as lyrical as the word goes . . .
These were two songs with peach production and sick lines . . . how can 'I'm not a star I'm a planet bigger than Jupiter' be winning lyricist on the roll??
What next Terry G's Free Madness will win Best Soul Song??

Stop being a hater, it's easier to think properly when your emotions are not misleading you.

did MI sleep with my wife?. . . .why wont i think properly?. . . .  . emotions?. . . .  WTF?

eldee r u ok?. . . . .

just take a slice of humble pie and admit that MI would crumble on mixtape with Mode.  

again u type sh.it with no back up. . . . .  pls tell me why SWTD is better lyrically than badman?

eldee:

Isn't it funny how rapjunkie woke up on the 3rd June 2010 and went on a 4 thread hating tirade on Mister Incredible?? cheesy cheesy

Reminds me of the days Bolaji used to run around looking for me and hating on every thread.
The Lord that cured Ofoka shall cure all the other haters in Jesus name. grin grin

isn't it funny that u have nothing else to do with your time but dream of  what rapjunkie did when he woke up in the morning. . . . listen i don't roll like that. . . . [s]is this where i say 'if u have testes, i'm a prick?',  undecided confused[/s]

Modenine deserved the award. . . .thats what the tirade is about einstein. . . .  MI spews nursery rhymes. . .deal with it.

there is no contest LYRICALLY between the two. . . .FACT.

I can say what I like about who i like whenever i like however i like  . . u get the drift?. . . . cool

if e dey pain u. . . . take a running jump to flying f.cuk  cool

tosinaded@:

every1 knows that

badman is not a lyrical song. . . .  .swtd beats the song down

another example of an empty kettle making a lot of noise. . . . Tosin & Eldee. . . . the two muskeeteers. . . .  .whos the 3rd?. . . .  M.I?

jokers  tongue
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

every1 knows that

badman is not a lyrical song. . . . .swtd beats the song down

Say's who??, i suggest u guys shuld stop this ur zobo intake/consumption as it's obvious dat sum fragment of yah cranium is being affected,
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by eldee(m): 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
@rapjunkie

I really do wonder if M.I slept with your wifey . . .
I gave you an example of how hiphop collabo battles are judged by delivery first and foremost.
Hence the Eminem reference. . . if you don't know that, then I'll need to explain hiphop basics to you.

Nah, I have other things to do . . . and I'm doing them, it's called multi-tasking negro.
You know, this new invention where you can do sumn else and still be there to see Rapjunkie post 'I wanna stick my toe in my eye and I'm still hating on M.I for being bigger than Hiphop World Awards'.

As I said before, you still don't want to apply those brains here . . . M.I spits nursery rhymes, it's your relatively silly opinion . . . I don't give half an eff.
But I do care about what HHWA presents as Nigeria's most lyrically peach song of the year. . . and you letting you emotions control you becomes my concern when it violates my rights to avoid B.S.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by eldee(m): 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2010
olayokun:

Speaking of d devil.
I now c d reason peeps on NL avoid u like a plague,u're always speakin off point.
Post the Lyric if u gat it n not trying to take me thru elementary class of MI faithfuls.PI-SHIAUN

Dude . . . NL avoid me?? Hehehe, I laugh in Greek.
What's your point?? I destroyed your attempt to make it sound like it was another congregation of bumlickers and now you're here crying.

You're one of the few sensible Modenine fans, I do respect your opinion . . . do you think Badman deserves that award??
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by rapjunkie(m): 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
eldee:

@rapjunkie

I really do wonder if M.I slept with your wifey . . .
I gave you an example of how hiphop collabo battles are judged by delivery first and foremost.
Hence the Eminem reference. . . if you don't know that, then I'll need to explain hiphop basics to you.

Nah, I have other things to do . . . and I'm doing them, it's called multi-tasking negro.
You know, this new invention where you can do sumn else and still be there to see Rapjunkie post 'I wanna stick my toe in my eye and I'm still hating on M.I for being bigger than Hiphop World Awards'.

As I said before, you still don't want to apply those brains here . . . M.I spits nursery rhymes, it's your relatively silly opinion . . . I don't give half an eff.
But I do care about what HHWA presents as Nigeria's most lyrically peach song of the year. . . and you letting you emotions control you becomes my concern when it violates my rights to avoid B.S.

once again. . . . .lots of sentences and no explanation why SWTD is better.

So MI is now bigger than the HHWA? . . .i guess that's really great for him. U must be very happy.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by tosinaded(m): 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2010
olayokun and rapjunkie

provide the lyrics of badman, eldee has the one for swtd
lets make a thread for it and analyse linr for line

all this one na rubbish abeg
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by eldee(m): 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

olayokun and rapjunkie

provide the lyrics of badman, eldee has the one for swtd
lets make a thread for it and analyse linr for line

all this one na rubbish abeg

Rapjunkie is acting like I didn't post the whole thing on his very own thread.
I'll collect the lyrics of Sample too and let's send them to Hiphop World to re-evaluate this whole thing. . . It's ridiculous.
Re: HHWA And The Politics Of Music by rapjunkie(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2010
:p

(1) (2) (3)

Bob Marley Was The 'midwife' For Our First Child – Rita Marley / Download Video : Phyno – Connect / Pls Where Can I Download Gospel Music??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.