Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,284 members, 7,971,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:51 PM

He Called Off Their Wedding! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Called Off Their Wedding! (7740 Views)

See What He Called My Butt / He Called And Apologize After Seeing My Nakednes.s(part 2) / He Called Me After Two Days Of Wondering.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by ITgurlie(f): 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2010
Men will always be men, some of them are scared of commitment undecided, why carry the lady along when you could as well have told her in the beginning, Anyway girl just hold on I believe God has something better for you, better a broken courtship than a broken marriage. May the good Lord see you through and cause you to smile again, it's well smiley
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2010
DOAweb:

You are the official in-house adviser/consultant on the moral of this story!! grin grin

oh well, u r right! You know I can never give up an opportunity to demonstarte how useless me are . . wink cheesy
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by DOAweb(m): 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2010
ITgurlie:

Men will always be men, some of them are scared of commitment undecided, why carry the lady along when you could as well have told her in the beginning, Anyway girl just hold on I believe God has something better for you, better a broken courtship than a broken marriage. May the good Lord see you through and cause you to smile again, it's well smiley

angry angry Men will always be men - PLEASE STOP that rubbish thinking  angry angry
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by DOAweb(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
Ujujoan:

oh well, u r right! You know I can never give up an opportunity to demonstarte how useless me are . .  wink  cheesy

Takes one to know one you know   cool cool
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by lizzybabe1(f): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2010
I think Ujujoan is just passionate about this topic. Heck! Any sane woman would be.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by dbigrod(m): 3:52pm On Jun 03, 2010
[size=16pt]
Dalby:

Had an experience like that once, the pain so intense that when you think about the event or incident, it actually translates into a physical pain in your heart and head. I dont really know how to describe it.

Sorry is not the word cry cry cry

eee yyaa.sorry jare.like someone said here.better to have a failed relationship than a failed marriage.

Ujujoan:

oh well, u r right! You know I can never give up an opportunity to demonstarte how useless men are . . wink cheesy

please,stop attacking us.u cant do without us grin grin .are u going to marry a woman?

[/size]
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by lizzybabe1(f): 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hmmm Bigrod, I see you have changed your profile picture because I said so. Nice one. wink wink wink
Can you now stop typing in big blue bold letters? It's not gentlemanly. smiley
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by dbigrod(m): 4:27pm On Jun 03, 2010
[size=16pt]
lizzybabe1:

Hmmm Bigrod, I see you have changed your profile picture because I said so. Nice one. wink  wink wink
Can you now stop typing in big blue bold letters? It's not gentlemanly. smiley

madam,who told u dat i changed my profile pix cos lizzzybabe said i shld. smiley  smiley   wink

u know why i type in big blue  letter?cos its distinct and easier for me to track my posts.sorry if that act of mine is not gentlemanly . wink  wink  wink
[/size]
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2010
this story has many points that everyone seems to be overlooking:

first this marriage was the AIM of that gal as we can clearly see that from their first encounter drinking in the pub, she was already dreaming and planning for that damn wedding in her head.

second she wrote herself that she was ADDICTED to the guy, thats another point for concern as we all know how its difficult to deal with such people. NO wasnt an option for that gal andher BF probably knew that.

Third she clearly wrote that they talked about marriage like all couple do but that SHE thought she was ready and that SHE wanted a December wedding. what did HE want at that time? did she even bother to ask or was it just about achieving her fairytale wedding that was planned from the get go?! the guy might not have wanted to get married BUT since he loved her, and didnt want to loose her, accepted against his best judgment.

fourth [/b]the guy clearly told her that he loved her more than life but that they should postpone the wedding. at that point the alarm bells should have rang into her head and accept defeat but we all know that this"addicted"woman wasnt gonna let go that easily.

[b]fifth
is it just me or the statement she made after they decided to postpone the wedding made no bloody sense at all:"I agreed, even though I am in my late twenties, I am not desperate to be married."  
a person that aint desperate WOULD have agreed therefore writing "even though" about her age says a lot!!!!

sixth [/b]the guy finally comes clean and said "i cant continue like this" ALLELUJAH finally the guy uses his brain and get some belle to come clean about how he feels (pressured) about the whole marriage thingy that SHE was going after from the beginning.
now, that should have been the end of the story but since she was addicted to the guy, had planned the wedding in her head a thousand times and wanted to "inspire people with their fairy tale" she had to fight back and make this guy marry her even if he didnt WANT TO !

[b]seventh
when he told her that he wasnt ready for marriage, she could have simply said:"ok then, lets continue dating until YOU are ready" but we all know how nigerian women put a timetable on dating and therefore it was either marriage or nothing for bridezilla.
she then begged:"dont break my heart?", "what about our friends/family?" etc but didnt ask the most important question. . . . . . . . . . "tell me the reason why you think like that so that we can fix it?!" this was clearly a one sided relationship where the guy couldnt put say a single word until he blew up.
just because SHE was ready, doesnt mean that HE was and if she wasnt willing to wait until HE was ready then she got what she deserved by being dropped.

eighth yes this guy could have done it differently but not all men have the skills/guts to look a woman dead in her eyes and kill her dreams.
after the CHAINS were finally off from this guy's neck, she still believed that he was going to come back?! that poor guy looked to the future and probably never looked back at the nightmare he lived and survived. . . . . . not all men are that lucky, ask any married men out there!
the funny part is at the end where she wrote that she is looking for someone who will love her for her. . . . . . . that guy did but she killed it all. she definitely didnt learn sh*it from this saga!
oh well.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by prudC: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
Bitter experience i must say. Some guys enjoy leading the women on and coming up with some lame excuses at the eleventh hour, God will help us oo,
One girl fainted when she heard in passing that her so called sweetheart is wedding one fateful Saturday, it took some good people around to revive her. After the wedding, news had it that about three other girls shared same heart break experience. Mmhh.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by daylae(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
^my point exactly! good knock there.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by iice(f): 5:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
MrBrown. . .i was thinking that too. . .still doesn't make the man less of a sissy grin
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
^^^^^^^ oh yes he is definitely a sissy but he doesnt deserve all blame for what happened.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Shanice111: 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hmm, I have read all the comments and trust me my friend has too. She did not use her real name or his ( her ex fiancee) for the blog it would have been to personal. He is from a popular Nigerian family and would hate to be mentioned ( them fit sue)! She intends to keep blogging about her pain until she feel better. I encourage her to for I have tried everything and she just ends up in more tears.

That said, even though the girl may have been too forward as many have said, he should have let her know from the start that it wasn't serious. We all should stop leading people on, its the 21st century, if you want just sex say it, there are girls and guys who be down, if you are married say am married but I want to cheat on my wife with you and all that stuff! Lets be more open, I feel bad to see some1 I love suffer for a mistake that could be avoided if both parties were honest phew!
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2010
Shanice111:

That said, even though the girl may have been too forward as many have said, he should have let her know from the start that it wasn't serious. We all should stop leading people on, its the 21st century, if you want just intimacy say it, there are girls and guys who be down, if you are married say am married but I want to cheat on my wife with you and all that stuff! Lets be more open, I feel bad to see some1 I love suffer for a mistake that could be avoided if both parties were honest phew!

dont misunderstand having cold feet (and probably nightmares) about marrying bridezilla with leading people on and"not being serious". for all we know he could genuinely love that woman but just needed the right time to settle on marrying her.
if you think like most woman on NL that a man SHOULD marry someone he has dated for a certain period of time then no wonder we have stories like this one.

marriage is about the desire of TWO people to get hitched AT THE RIGHT TIME, not just one pressurizing the other to make the jump, even if they aint emotionally ready. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by luap: 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
After reading her lame blog, count the man blessed that he dodged that bullet. She was looking for a free meal ticket in another African black man. She is all about getting her own needs or expectations met(selfish). Let her use some european guy instead. Save the brother for another, someone that will compliment him and not drain him like a leach.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 04, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

this story has many points that everyone seems to be overlooking:

first this marriage was the AIM of that gal as we can clearly see that from their first encounter drinking in the pub, she was already dreaming and planning for that damn wedding in her head.

And what is wrong with that huh Like you dont see someone for the first time and just get a picture of you and her living a long, happy life together. It might be a 'fairy tale' idea but isn't that what love really is - a fairy tale?

At least she didn't pretend about it, she did want him for a husbad from day 1. Further interactions with him proved that her instincts were right! And the guy didnt say otherwise! undecided

second she wrote herself that she was ADDICTED to the guy, thats another point for concern as we all know how its difficult to deal with such people. NO wasnt an option for that gal andher BF probably knew that.

All I see is a girl who knows EXACTLY what she wants and goes for it. If he wasn't chained to a pole with a gun on his head then he did have an option to say NO. But he was just too weak wasn't he? undecided

Third she clearly wrote that they talked about marriage like all couple do but that SHE thought she was ready and that SHE wanted a December wedding. what did HE want at that time? did she even bother to ask or was it just about achieving her fairytale wedding that was planned from the get go?! the guy might not have wanted to get married BUT since he loved her, and didnt want to loose her, accepted against his best judgment.

True! She said SHE wanted all these things but she never said the guy argued with her. If he for once said, NO, I'm sure she would have told us as well. But he played along . . why? To make her happy? undecided

If he accepted to marry her when he wasn't ready because he loved her, then he would have asked for the wedding to be postponed for at least another year or two dont you think? Instead of coming outrightly to say 'THEY WERE OVER' . . only to start dating someone else few months later! Now that was the part that worried me!

fourth [/b]the guy clearly told her that he loved her more than life but that they should postpone the wedding. at that point the alarm bells should have rang into her head and accept defeat but we all know that this"addicted"woman wasnt gonna let go that easily.

ROTFLMAO! The guy said he wanted the wedding to be postponed till he finished his program and got a job which makes PERFECT sense! How is that a call for alarm? Are you tell us to become unreasonable with you guys? When you give us a good reason to hold on we should take it as a red alert undecided

[b]fifth is it just me or the statement she made after they decided to postpone the wedding made no bloody sense at all:"I agreed, even though I am in my late twenties, I am not desperate to be married."
a person that aint desperate WOULD have agreed therefore writing "even though" about her age says a lot!!!!

You know what your problem is, you think too much and therefore forget to reason! She was trying to highlight the sacrifice she 'thought' she was making at that time. I bet he wasn't the only suitor in her life. But here she was, pushing 30 and someone was telling her to wait and she was ready to! But then again, any woman pushing 30 SHOULD be desperate to get married in your books right? Why would she be any different, afterall she has been talking about 'marriage' from day 1. *rooooooooolz eyez*

sixth [/b]the guy finally comes clean and said "i cant continue like this" ALLELUJAH finally the guy uses his brain and get some belle to come clean about how he feels (pressured) about the whole marriage thingy that SHE was going after from the beginning.
now, that should have been the end of the story but since she was addicted to the guy, had planned the wedding in her head a thousand times and wanted to "inspire people with their fairy tale" she had to fight back and make this guy marry her even if he didnt WANT TO !

You have never been left high to dry have you? By ANYBODY!

When that happens, come back and tell us what your first reaction was! (Not some refined idealized version oh, lol grin)

[b]seventh when he told her that he wasnt ready for marriage, she could have simply said:"ok then, lets continue dating until YOU are ready" but we all know how nigerian women put a timetable on dating and therefore it was either marriage or nothing for bridezilla.
she then begged:"dont break my heart?", "what about our friends/family?" etc but didnt ask the most important question. . . . . . . . . . "tell me the reason why you think like that so that we can fix it?!" this was clearly a one sided relationship where the guy couldnt put say a single word until he blew up.
just because SHE was ready, doesnt mean that HE was and if she wasnt willing to wait until HE was ready then she got what she deserved by being dropped.

I'm confused, what are you suggesting, that she ignored the 'red alert' and keep dating him? Now wouldn't that be desperate? He keeps dragging his feet and she keeps following him blindly untill what happens, he marries another girl? At least the first time he came up with a reasonable excuse, but saying he was too young to get married @ 31? Isn't that a bit silly? And you want her to ignore it, right! Because you want to prove a pointless point!

eighth yes this guy could have done it differently but not all men have the skills/guts to look a woman dead in her eyes and kill her dreams.
after the CHAINS were finally off from this guy's neck, she still believed that he was going to come back?! that poor guy looked to the future and probably never looked back at the nightmare he lived and survived. . . . . . not all men are that lucky, ask any married men out there!
the funny part is at the end where she wrote that she is looking for someone who will love her for her. . . . . . . that guy did but she killed it all. she definitely didnt learn sh*it from this saga!
oh well.

One thing is certain, the guy used her! He treated her without respect out of his own cowardice. You NEVER meet the girl's family for a formal intorduction if you are not ready. He did wake up from his slumber, just a little bit too late!

Yes she expected him to look back because she was too blinded by love to see the weakling he was! She didn't think he would have the mind to walk out like that after all they shared! Yea, she belived in fairy-tale love . . . but he fixed that for her didn't he?

There are no two ways about this, he'll pay for what he did to her, if not now, later! I guess only Karma can tell if he did right or wrong . . undecided
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by ITgurlie(f): 11:07am On Jun 04, 2010
You'll find a better person when the time comes. smiley smiley smiley
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by lizzybabe1(f): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2010
I've just read the second part on her blog. As convincing as the first post was, the second post is now beginning to look like fiction to me. undecided
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 04, 2010
^^^ Why you don't think such things ever happen?

She might have a flair for writing which would make her story appear unreal, but trust me, worse things has happened!  undecided
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by okoomoge2(m): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2010
Pls and Pls do not blame the dudu, I put the blame on the sister! it takes two to Tango.

1. From the word on your Track, Mya was crazy about Aina! Cool but In relationship you love with your Head and not your Heart.
2. When did Aina Proposed to Mya ! Was it Natural or Under Pressure of Mya request.
3. While did Mya wanted to Marry Aina? Cool dude abi, sleek Smart boy- London School of Economics , Bright Future abi, Perfect Gentleman .

Aina might be very correct to say he was not ready, Probably the dude na Career Minded Guy - Want to be a Manager and stuff like that with in couple of years. When you are Career Minded you can sacrifice your relationship/ Marriage to go Up the Ladder, Ask High Flyers  what has suffered.

Please Mya , Take Heart and Ensure things are done Mutually , I am not defending Aina but he might have a very good reason to throw in the Towel.
Accept this as a Blessing from God . I rest my case.

P.s
Many people are suffering in their Marriages but never speak -up! When you enter say Aura for Lag, You see clean dudes - Mostly married but they are still catching fun by the side with opekes Wetin do their wives
Boys that got married Earlier than Me , Still dey Run things with me as a bachelor in those days,,, Aina count your blessings
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by spikedcylinder: 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2010
It'll be nice for women to realise that being in love and getting married are two very very different terms.
You cannot marry everyone you fall in love with. That way, issues like this will be milder on the heart.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by gregejige: 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^^^ How come you're and iice are always the smart ones?  With a reasoning like this you will never be hurt by any human.

Unfortuately a lot of women never thing of the long term effects - they only think about now now now.

What if the guy actually wanted the wedding the SAME way she did but figured out along the line that he might be making a mistake?

What's wrong with acting / saying what you really feel?

I decided several years ago not to make other people feel good at my own expense! I will do only what makes me happy - and most of the time, that inlcudes making the people that I care about happy, since their joy is mine as well.

But if I feel there may be pain at the end of the line (however invincible to others), I will take a step back.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by kevweno25: 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2010
a failed romance is 100x better than a failed marriage ,
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by gregejige: 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2010
Some here are suggesting that the guy should've gone ahead with the wedding and suffer an endless marital life.

Guess what, the girl's life too wouldve have been hell and then we'll start saying

'If you knew you did not want to get married to me, why were you not man enough to say no?'

No some guy has said No and there's trouble.

Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by lizfab(f): 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2010
Has anybody bothered to read the continuation of this story. Mya went ahead and slept with Aina the next time she saw him even when he told her he was seeing someone else.

http://tellitasitis9ja..com/2010/06/lunch-waste-of-food.html
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by lizzybabe1(f): 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2010
Ujujoan:

^^^ Why you don't think such things ever happen?

She might have a flair for writing which would make her story appear unreal, but trust me, worse things has happened! undecided

Yeah I know. But it's just kind of getting too dramatic for me. undecided undecided
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by debosky(m): 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2010
She sounds a bit unhinged to me - all she ever wanted was to marry the guy, we don't know what he wanted.

That he started giving some signals should've made her take a second look at everything, but she didn't.

That said, he should've had enough cojones to say something before the plans were concluded, IF he knew that was what he was going to do.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2010
gregejige:

Some here are suggesting that the guy should've gone ahead with the wedding and suffer an endless marital life.
Guess what, the girl's life too wouldve have been hell and then we'll start saying

'If you knew you did not want to get married to me, why were you not man enough to say no?'

No some guy has said No and there's trouble.

Are you blind or do you just lack the capacity to understand posts?

Who said the guy should have gone ahead with the marriage?

Most people her are blaming him for not pulling away sooner. The guys did a formal introduction for God's sakes, was he drugged into that?

He was a weakling whose cowardice brought shame and humiliation on someone else!

spikedcylinder:

It'll be nice for women to realise that being in love and getting married are two very very different terms.
You cannot marry everyone you fall in love with. That way, issues like this will be milder on the heart.

You are right spikes, but one would have though the man would have told her he wasnt down for marriage from the onset, instead of leading her on just to get free s3x.

I wonder what must have being going tru his mind!  undecided
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2010
debosky:

She sounds a bit unhinged to me - all she ever wanted was to marry the guy, we don't know what he wanted.
That he started giving some signals should've made her take a second look at everything, but she didn't.

That said, he should've had enough cojones to say something before the plans were concluded, IF he knew that was what he was going to do.

I was expecting the 'menwagon' to swoop in and defend the guy sooner. Trust NLders to ALWAYS show up! cheesy tongue

If she said she thought the guy wanted marrige here, you guys will be ones asking her if she read his mind, why she beleived his words instead of his actions, why she let herself get carried away by his 'sweet talk' . . . bla bla bla!

Now she's sticking to telling us what SHE wanted and you question that! hmmmmmn!
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by gregejige: 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2010
Ujujoan:

Are you blind or do you just lack the capacity to understand posts?

Who said the guy should have gone ahead with the marriage?

Most people her are blaming him for not pulling away sooner. The guys did a formal introduction for God's sakes, was he drugged into that?

He was a weakling whose cowardice brought shame and humiliation on someone else!

You are right spikes, but one would have though the man would have told her he wasnt down for marriage from the onset, instead of leading her on just to get free s3x.

I wonder what must have being going tru his mind!  undecided

I will not go into it with you to find out who is blind or dumb.  You are obviously too emotional about this story and it wont make sense to get into an argument with you.

The point his he found the strenght to do it before they got married.  No time would've been good enough for anyone in love, except you do not want to admit it . . which I think is clearly the case here.
Re: He Called Off Their Wedding! by yodiyokun(f): 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2010
Its not too dramatic, It happens exactly like this all the time, even worse

I was a walking ghost for 6 months before I pulled myself together and moved on with my life. And I no reach the stage of marriage ooo,

Having a broken heart e no easy, only time heals it. Unfortunately, in most broken relationships its only one party that suffers the heart break!.

I have broken up relationships, but I only had 1 heartbreak, omo e no easy and I no wish am for my enemy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Those Little Things You Guys Do That Annoy Us Girls / Gifts And Relationships / Nonsense Things Naija Girls Do On A Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.