Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,649 members, 7,918,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 10:31 PM

There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria (3503 Views)

Woman Who Impregnated Self With Stolen Semen From Billionaire Wins Child Support / Hotel Cleaner Who Stole Sperm From A Used Condom Won Child Support Battle / Men Pls Resist Any Move By The Judiciary To Implement Child Support In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 16, 2018
There's actually child support and sharing of property law in Nigeria.
I'm responding to these comments made on some threads;

itiswellandwell:
Hmmmmm. The lawmakers she is calling will just be laughing at her sef. You want spoil enjoyment for lawmakers. You know how many side chics lawmakers dey get. You want make dem implement one yeye law, make side chics come dey plan to be babymama, make she come starts to dey feel entitled. Ko le werk..

Very cheap and you might be interested www.nairaland.com/4543541/neat-samsung-s7-edge-4gb

diablos:
Bro take it easy okay. The hausa/Fulani muslim/islamic politicians will never allow such bill pass first reading. Nigeria is not SA or GH. Hyperventilate no more. Your case has been heard. grin

Lajet:
Sharing a man properties 50/50% with her wife after divorce is not possible In Nigeria our Religions and Culture is against it and our politicians will never agree to that to divide their multi billions worth of properties into 2 it's not possible. I think only in South Africa and Ghana have that
stupid law in Africa. Ghana own is worst if you live in the same apartment with your Girlfriend not even your wife for 6 months the law see the girl as you legal wife if she take you to court that she don't want to be your girlfriend again that she want the court to divide your proprieties 50/50 the court will share your properties between the boyfriend and Girlfriend.

This week Kenyan court rejects 50-50 divorce share between husband and wife
A Kenyan High Court has ruled against a petition to change a clause in the Marriage Act wuich limits divorced couples to only claim ownership to assets they have acquired during the relationship, local media reports.

The Federation of Women Lawyers had wanted the section of the law to be declared unconstitutional, and couples to be entitled to 50-50 arrangement.

But presiding Judge Justice John Mativo is quoted as saying, "a person cannot walk into a marriage and then walk out with more than what they deserve."

Last week, the country's Supreme Court ruled it had no jurisdiction to hear a case between a divorced couple, where the woman wanted the ex-husband to pay her alimony.

The court said that the issue was "a family affair".

psucc:
If my wife wants to go, she is free but my children will be with me. Even if the judge will come to share my property himself, we will have to use saw engine to divide them into two

Child support and sharing of properties are actually inscribed in the matrimonial causes act section 69-75.

I never believed that Nigerian lawmakers will pass such bills into law because even me used to doubt the existence of child support in the Nigerian constitution.

I have a copy of the constitution in my house and it actually took me 4days before I located that section.

The only difference between the Nigerian system and the western system is that in Nigeria there's no stated % of sharing the properties but in the west 50% is stated... also here women are given whatever they want.

In the west a baby mama can sue you for child support but in Nigeria only a married woman that filled for divorce or is divorced can request for child support.

I still can't believe that Nigerian lawmakers from the North, SS, SE etc will support and pass such dangerous bills into law.

Obasanjo even signed them.. Smh

I guess most Nigerian women don't know that there is child support and sharing of properties in our constitution yet.

If you don't want to share your properties with any woman you better don't do registry (the one you guys call court marriage) marriage with any woman.

2 Likes

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 16, 2018
If you love yourself better stop the marriage if the woman insists on registry marriage.

Don't say "had I known " when she files for divorce because you'll surely contemplate suicide when your properties get shared.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by peacengine(m): 5:07am On Jun 16, 2018
See as fear de catch me grin marriage is a serious something. How can we download this document
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 5:13am On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:
There's actually child support and sharing of property law in Nigeria.
I'm responding to these comments made on some threads;

Child support and sharing of properties are actually inscribed in the matrimonial causes act section 69-75.

I never believed that Nigerian lawmakers will pass such bills into law because even me used to doubt the existence of child support in the Nigerian constitution.

I have a copy of the constitution in my house and it actually took me 4days before I located that section.

The only difference between the Nigerian system and the western system is that in Nigeria there's no stated % of sharing the properties but in the west 50% is stated... also here women are given whatever they want.

In the west a baby mama can sue you for child support but in Nigeria only a married woman that filled for divorce or is divorced can request for child support.

I still can't believe that Nigerian lawmakers from the North, SS, SE etc will support and pass such dangerous bills into law.

Obasanjo even signed them.. Smh

I guess most Nigerian women don't know that there is child support and sharing of properties in our constitution yet.

If you don't want to share your properties with any woman you better don't do registry (the one you guys call court marriage) marriage with any woman.
what are you afraid of?
can't you pay for your child's needs or wants.

not for the woman,but actually for your own child.

please,if you can't take the burden of paying the child's support,then,don't marry atall.

2 Likes

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Preshy561:

what are you afraid of?
can't you pay for your child's needs or wants.

not for the woman,but actually for your own child.

please,if you can't take the burden of paying the child's support,then,don't marry atall.

60% of Child support money aren't spent on kids.. most women use most of the money for themselves not the kids.

If you think I should give you child support why don't you allow me to take custody so that you can pay me the child support?.

Funny as it sounds, any woman that shares properties with me or request for child support and she doesn't spend 100% of the money on the kids won't live long enough to enjoy the money.

I hate people who back stab me.. It'll be a clean job

2 Likes

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

60% of Child support money aren't spent on kids.. women use most of the money for themselves not the kids.

If you think I should give you child support why don't you allow me to take custody so that you can pay me the child support?.

Funny as it sounds, any woman that shares properties with me or request for child support and she doesn't spend 100% of the money on the kids won't live long enough to enjoy the money.

what type of woman wouldn't wanna train her kids with the money being given to her to do so?

You sound so funny prech.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by iamJ(m): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

60% of Child support money aren't spent on kids.. women use most of the money for themselves not the kids.

because the name of the payment is child support doesnt mean that women shouldnt enjoy from it, u wen no get money go dey shout up and down

1 Like

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
iamJ:
because the name of the payment is child support doesnt mean that women shouldnt enjoy from it, u wen no get money go dey shout up and down

and how did you know I'm poor? are you the one feeding me and my wife?

There's difference between child support and alimony.

Child support is strictly for the kids. I'm not the cause of your ignorance.
You can check matrimonial causes act section 72.

Eating from child support money is a criminal offense.

2 Likes

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
Preshy561:

what type of woman wouldn't wanna train her kids with the money being given to her to do so?

You sound so funny prech.

There's nothing funny about what I said.
Most women use child support money to sort themselves out and that's actually a criminal offense.

You know that the child's school fees is 15k but you'll say it's 25k ..that's actually a criminal offense.

Child support has turned into a business for some women (especially those in the west )

If you don't spend the money for the kids and I find it, I'm afraid I won't wait for the law.

I'll make you see your ancestors.

enough said.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

There's nothing funny about what I said.
Most women use child support money to sort themselves out and that's actually a criminal offense.

You know that the child's school fees is 15k but you'll say it's 25k ..that's actually a criminal offense.

Child support has turned into a business for some women (especially those in the west )

If you don't spend the money for the kids and I find it, I'm afraid I won't wait for the law.

I'll make you see your ancestors.

enough said.
why hyperventilating?

What are you even against?
that there shouldn't be child support or what?
do you know what mothers go through when left alone?
and where did you draw your statistics from that all women spend the money on themselves. what a stereotypical statement.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Kimcutie: 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
Is there any thing like men rights? I've heard child rights, women/girls rights.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Kimcutie: 1:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
Preshy561:

why hyperventilating?

and where did you draw your statistics from that all women spend the money on themselves. what a stereotypical statement.
Child support might not be bad but sharing of properties 50/50 is very bad and evil.

1 Like

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
Kimcutie:
Child support might not be bad but sharing of properties 50/50 is very bad and evil.
yeah,true.
atleast,70/30 is okay.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by BanigoCharlesP(m): 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2018
Preshy561:

why hyperventilating?

why should I bother replying someone who doesn't know the difference between most and all?

When did most turn into all?.

If you want child support you better force your husband to do registry marriage with you.
I want to also remind you that there's sharing of properties in our constitution too.

You can request for all the man's worth to further your life.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
Preshy561:

yeah,true.
atleast,70/30 is okay.

70/30 abi... 30% that you didn't help to acquire and you'll enjoy them in peace abi?

If you live more than 7months before I do clean job change my name.

I pity any man that foolishly agrees to do registry marriage with any woman.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

why should I bother replying someone who doesn't know the difference between most and all?

When did most turn into all?.

If you want child support you better force your husband to do registry marriage with you.
I want to also remind you that there's sharing of properties in our constitution too.

You can request for all the man's worth to further your life.
it's getting to insult.
take care.smiley
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

70/30 abi... 30% that you didn't help to acquire and you'll enjoy them in peace abi?

If you live more than 7months before I do clean job change my name.

I pity any man that foolishly agrees to do registry marriage with any woman.
okay,make money first.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Preshy561:

okay,make money first.

I'm in the rightful position to give you that advice .

You're still a university student.. you still have more to do in life.

I'm not a student, I've achieved many things in life.

So I'll advice you to study hard and graduate with good grades so that you can find a good job ,then get married.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Preshy561(f): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

I'm in the rightful position to give you that advice .

You're still a university student.. you still have more to do in life.

I'm not a student, I've achieved many things in life.

So I'll advice you to study hard and graduate with good grades so that you can find a good job ,then get married.
being a graduate doesn't translate to being rich and wealthy.
go out there and hustle.

You need to make that money.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
Kimcutie:

why is it bad? don't worry I'm actually with my lawyer friend right now. later I'll create a thread on why you're required to share properties.

Properties can only be shared if the woman says she wants them.

If a man files for divorce he's in hot soup.. I think the law wants only women to file for divorce .

I'm going through the pages of the constitution.

Later I'll create a thread.

Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Preshy561:

being a graduate doesn't translate to being rich and wealthy.
go out there and hustle.

You need to make that money.

You need that advice most.
I'm on nairaland this hour only because I'm not working today..
You're the one who usually make comments in the morning, afternoon and night.. I usually see them in the front page whenever I login.

Your advice isn't needed because I've my own money.

Your advice should go to your parents so that they can find something useful for you to be doing instead of being on nairalaind 24/7 as if you're doing an online business.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by iamJ(m): 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

and how did you know I'm poor? are you the one feeding me and my wife?

There's difference between child support and alimony.

Child support is strictly for the kids. I'm not the cause of your ignorance.
You can check matrimonial causes act section 72.

Eating from child support money is a criminal offense.

ure poor na and jobless too, see how ure disturbing people with this useless thread, if them turn u inside out + all ur properties u no even worth 50k, abeg get lost
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Kimcutie: 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

why is it bad? don't worry I'm actually with my lawyer friend right now. later I'll create a thread on why you're required to share properties.

Properties can only be shared if the woman says she wants them.

If a man files for divorce he's in hot soup.. I think the law wants only women to file for divorce .

I'm going through the pages of the constitution.

Later I'll create a thread.
So they can be shared 50/50 even when the woman didn't contribute to it?
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
Kimcutie:

Bros the law doesn't care.

If the woman even give reasons why she should be given 80% the court will give her.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
iamJ:
ure poor na and jobless too, see how ure disturbing people with this useless thread, if them turn u inside out + all ur properties u no even worth 50k, abeg get lost

Lmao.. lots of kids on nairaland these days.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

Prove the emboldened. undecided
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by amethystnnty1: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Kimcutie:

I bet you 99% of the time woman bring nothing to add to man's fortune
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by amethystnnty1: 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
The institution of marriage in Nigerian is still somewhat sacred due to fact that most women are not aware of this, awareness of this will lead to its rapid death like in all western countries.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by amethystnnty1: 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
MhisTahrah:

I'm sure you do know that the child support is based on the non custodial parent and not the child's need. In most US states 25% of his/her (mostly father's) income.

For a broke ass deadbeat father the child support might be just what the child need or slightly lower than expected to cater for the need but for a millionaire or a billionaire........
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Kimcutie: 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
Elder001:

Bros the law doesn't care.

If the woman even give reasons why she should be given 80% the court will give her.
Wow. Most of these laws are made by men against men.
Re: There's Child Support And Sharing Of Properties Laws In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
MhisTahrah:

No need quoting me.. I don't want anybody to play with me.
I didn't stop anyone from paying child support.
biko don't quote me again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Knows The Real Name Of This Guy ? ( Photo Attached ) / Closed / Lady Gets A Hillarious Reply After She Accepted A Marriage Proposal (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.