Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,084 members, 7,970,316 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:50 AM

Pls Help I Cant Connect. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help I Cant Connect. (568 Views)

I Cant Browse With My Airtel Line Having 97.24mb / Cisco Guru Help! Cant Connect To Internet Via Cisco 2800 & Idirect X3 / Windows 7 Acer Notebook-i Cant Set A Picture As My Background (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help I Cant Connect. by pappy4real(m): 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
i started working in a company this week. they have internet connection. every1 brings their pcs and connect an rj45 to it,and thats it-they are connected. ive been trying the same thing 4 3days now. the rj45 only shows me a green light each time i connect but never shows the blinking one. im confussed cos i need the connection to enhance my productivity @ work. pls i'll appreciate any useful comments with solutions
Re: Pls Help I Cant Connect. by afrobaby(f): 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
U will need to ask the administrator,
1, U may need to set up ur IP address to fall within the class the company is using, maybe urs is set to automatically obtain an ip address, if they do not have a dhcp server, dis is not gonna work

Isit the same RJ 45 that others used that u also use, maybe the cable u are using is faulty.
Re: Pls Help I Cant Connect. by pappy4real(m): 10:14am On Jun 04, 2010
thanks. i'll check and see. i appreciate ur comments. ive tried all the cables available. ive even removed from peoples pcs to mine but it still doesnt work
Re: Pls Help I Cant Connect. by kansu: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2010
add kens2011@yahoo.co.uk(Kennect Solutions Online Engineers)
to your yahoo messenger,,

I will help you connect via online,, of course a fee is required

kens2011@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Pls Help I Cant Connect. by vichendo: 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2010
either of this two things to do
1 check if others have an ip address on their computer.if yes ask the administrator to issue you one or
2 check if your Ethernet port is bad.the driver may have not been installed.
more complication,call me 07025383312 i will help u FREE OF CHARGE
Re: Pls Help I Cant Connect. by n3rve(m): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2010
Another thing to check is if *you* have a static IP while the server is DHCP enabled. Be sure to check the relevant adapter settings.
Re: Pls Help I Cant Connect. by pappy4real(m): 8:29am On Jul 01, 2010
thanks all, i have actually resolved the issue. it was my os that did not recognise the lan. i reloaded it and i got driver for it and now its working
Re: Pls Help I Cant Connect. by Loveaflame(m): 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2010
Thank God you fixed it.Kodos to the great patriotic Nairalanders.Up every one.

(1) (Reply)

Need It Computer Services / Browse Free On Zain Network For Six (6) Months / My Birthday Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.