Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding (61032 Views)

Who Is Tracy? Pregnant Woman Quizzes Her Husband Who Insists He Is Not Cheating / Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / Don’t Trust Any Of This Girls On The Street...they All Coded Olosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Enice(m): 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
ajiboye68:
I have been following this topic with keen interest, and I would like to ask some questions based on my present condition.. I am about to get married/nikkah next month, and I intend going for my masters overseas which means I will need a marriage certificate for my family cuz I see myself jetting out to another country for PhD also and would like to take my family along.. We both agreed with my wife - to-be to have a marriage certificate which will be produced by a court.. My questions are as follows

Does the certificate exempt me from marrying a second wife even in twenty years time, please I never said I am definitely taking a new wife, I just need to be sure of what I am about to do..

Does the certificate from the court also means in case of divorce although I never see it coming, we will have to share the property.

Is that marriage certificate the same as that of registry.

Thanks in anticipation of your answers
here's a link to educate you on legal marriages in Nigeria.
http://www.naijalegaltalkng.com/article/family-law/marriage/72-marriages-in-nigeria
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:

I don't plan for failures. I plan and work against them. It has worked for me. I have been strucked down but definitely not defeated. I am a child of God, a Victor in all ramifications. Please join my club.

I like your optimism. However, we should recognize that life has ups and downs and try to be prepared for each.
That is why I buy auto insurance even though I do not pray to get into an accident.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
olaade21:

Will you also be sharing school fees and house rent in sync. Bam ba shi.
Sure, why not?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
iPopAlomo:

Excuses... exchange roles for a day... yen yen yen... just be honest with yourself... you're lazy... so you'll go to work husband to will go to work... and you won't wash plate because you went to school... good luck finding your husband...

p.s..
I'm married... I cook and she cooks... I clean and she clean... we're partners and the little things are easy.
k
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
mysticvibe12:

Madam, This Is Nigeria. firstly, let us acknowledge our culture.
from my point of view, as an educated woman with the space of years you guys lived, you should have something tangible you can call yours (I e house, cars or anything). Dont not depend on he'll provide, I repeat, do not depend. A hardworking, focus and goal getting woman is a turn on
My thoughts exactly.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by themodernman: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:

But that is what it is, a manual of life, foolproof. If it looks like it fails you, the fault must be from your side, not in th word (logos) itself. You must have missed the vital principles. Go back to it and pray for direction. I am sure you will be better off with it than without it.

And share a practical experience the "logos" or "rhema" has brought you. The "logos" sef is just the word alone, the "rhema" itself is the inspiration you get from the "logos" as a result of the the breath or impartation of the Spirit: "for the letter (logos) killeth, but the spirit giveth life". These things I even sabi them pass you, I paid my dues if we're to talk about spiritual matters and I can categorically tell you it's all balderdash.

But I won't be surprised if you remain pig-headed about it, afterall the Bible tells you to pull down imaginations and cast down every high thought that seek to exalt itself above the knowledge of the word of God. As I said, I know exactly your psychological framework so all I can do is just SMH, pity you and hope it won't be late before you realize you're on a very looong tin.

I still regret wasting my life away on those scriptures, have to start building back my life again from the scratch of reality.

If you live long enough, you'll see for yourself, for now enjoy your brainwashing, cos honestly speaking, I absolutely did enjoy it too in those days grin grin grin
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by clintino700(m): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
Am Taking this thread serz..
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Jeferious: 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
poseidon12:

It was the man that started the selfishness. I guess the lady was paying him back. Most Nigerians still don't understand what marriage is about. To the average Nigerian, it's all about procreation. But it's supposed to be more than that.
So what is marriage about?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
bulalakoboko:
Please a friend of mine want to devorce his wife. The wife is a confirm prostitute. She even brings men to the house and on two occasion my friend caught them. The problem now is that he dont know how to go about it. They only had court and traditional marriage.

Tell your friend to go talk to a lawyer.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by gentle007(m): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
addictiv:

prenups can't do shii if the assets the man acquired were gotten after he got married to her. Or if he took money from her to invest in the business even if he had it before he got married to her or if she works in the business or has represented the business in any way. Or if he used family money to invest in it...as long as her lawyers can prove it in court. That business and assets will be seen as joint assets. Ask Mark Zuckerberg why he did his Facebook IPO few days before his wedding. Besides a judge can also declare a prenup invalid if it's one sided and doesn't project fairness to both parties. The best way out is not to marry, the next best is to have a prenup before wedding and you can have a clause in ur prenup were both man and woman are liable to loose some rights if found culpable to infidelity, physical abuse, neglect of duties...etc Ensure you list all your assets in your prenup and she does so as well and keep her happy. That's the only way to avoid a divorce.

I concur

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2018
Jeferious:
So what is marriage about?

Companionship, according to the good book, the Bible. The Westerners that brought us Christianity understand that, but Nigerians don't seem to. That is why everyone around will start counting for you as soon you get married. If by the second year and still no pregnancy, the typical Nigerian dude and his mom will start considering their options which might include leaving the marriage.
Since you were asking, I guess you fall into this category of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by teebee22(f): 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:
BUT why are u pple so evil?

Why do u always think like zombies?

So u marry a woman for twenty years, she has kids for u, looked after them while u work, cooks for u , cleans for u, wash ur clothes, U have two houses , in the case of divorce u can not give her one? Are u ok?

Where do u want her to start from?
you deserve a kiss dear, you can imagine them. broke ass guys be making noise since time immemorial. when the rich get married both traditional, church and registry, some people are here displaying their ignorance. if you are not sure wat u want pls keep it to urself and not come here deceiving the not too enlightened. I even thought u were going to state good reasons and u here talking of sharing properties. wat happens to her ruined emotions. pls don't mislead others from ur side of view.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by lawman88(m): 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
I did registry marriage. What I discovered recently is that she doesn't even want me to see the certificate. Any time I requested for it, she only gives me the photocopy. Hope my wife is not trying to be too smart....

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Platony(m): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
Funny Enough,...its d cheapest bt deadliest!!.

My wife has bn talking of Registry Marriage before & afta i av done both white n traditional marriage yrs bck bt,....i no dey evn shake body sef. I no fit shout couple wit d fact say we don gt children.

Am nt sayin she's bad o bt,...I NO FIT SHOUT, I NO DEY DO. NO VEX!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Seahawk: 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
Amen
pocohantas:

I will rather shoot myself in the head than do this grin
Not with all I read these days, not with threads like this cheesy. I owe myself and my kids a good life. I will work for that life.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by tohpahz(f): 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
This one is just stupid angry
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by greatman247(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Addictedtodrugs:
My serious gf want us to do court marriage and I already agreed!! Should I still trust her ?

No, only agree on one condition. I.e. if the lady in question is wealthy herself. That way if you or her divorce in future and she wants to evoke the law, you also share in her property lol.

By the way, no lady, I repeat no lady can share my properties. Especially broke ass. Men should be wise. Don't allow your woman know about all your properties. If for example you have ten houses, let her know only two and never you hide your property documents in the house.

Also invest your money and hide them away from the prying eyes of your wife. This is what I do and I am married. There are a lot of ways to hide your money when investing. I obviously cannot share that one here. All I know is men should be wise. And never allow love enter your head. Also watch your mouth and don't share everything with a woman. I really don't care if she's your wife or not. The least she will say you don't love her. Leave it like that. Always love with common sense. Don't let your guard down, some women are investigative wives grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
poseidon12:

He buys everything in your name? And his dad did the same? I guess he and his dad have been lucky so far, that they have not met a gold digger. So what is wrong in buying everything in his, and your name?
I hope you will also be happy to have your sons be buying everything in the names of their wives (your daughters-in-law).
I guess you guys are assuming that he would leave this earth first. What if you leave first? Then he would have to go through the process of changing the titles to his name. And it is not an easy process.

It is his way. I didn't ask for things to be in my name.

Who's name should my sons put in their properties? Mine? They are building their own life too with their wives. Why will they put my name?

Concerning whoever goes first, families don't come to harass widowers for properties the way the harass widows when the spouse dies.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by greatman247(m): 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
lawman88:
I did registry marriage. What I discovered recently is that she doesn't even want me to see the certificate. Any time I requested for it, she only gives me the photocopy. Hope my wife is not trying to be too smart....

grin. Na that kind wife dey nag up and down. Pls read my earlier post up there. I can't re-type sorry.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ziggylady(f): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
Dear misguided op and your stupidd male supporters...why not completely stay of marriage instead of polluting the space with your junk?? angry

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ziggylady(f): 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

First of all, what sort of wife are you?

Don't you have a job that you'll now look after kids, cook, clean and wash clothes?
are there no nannies and househhelps?
Which men still allow their wives to be full time housewives these days?

Must you marry??...why not stay single and chop whatever money you think you have..What is the point of going into marriage expecting it to crash??

As for me and every single female i know...Court marriage MUST be included!
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Bigprick9inches: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
what if she is a foreigner
? undecided
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Bigprick9inches: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
lawman88:
no she is not being smart, u are just being stupid man. try to hear yourself man
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LaudableXX: 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
linearity:
You can still use a WILL to protect your wife and kids against the village uncles and gold diggers.

A Will have the same force of law. The mistake that people make is, they think that they are too young to prepare their “Last Will & Testament”. We all know that is not true, but still postpone it. You can always change your Will as things changes, so get it done now.
Wills are being contested every day in court. sad In fact as I speak to you, I know a case where the wife of the deceased has sued the executors of her husband's will, simply because the man forbade anyone from selling his properties after his death, and the wife is hell bent on doing so. shocked This is the 5th year after the man's death, and none of the terms of the man's will have been executed, simply because his wife went to court to place a caveat on it.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Bigprick9inches: 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
bulalakoboko:
Please a friend of mine want to devorce his wife. The wife is a confirm prostitute. She even brings men to the house and on two occasion my friend caught them. The problem now is that he dont know how to go about it. They only had court and traditional marriage.
man if i marry a girl and she tries this, i will arrange for her rape /death and make it look like an accident.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ziggylady(f): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
Tallesty1:
This is lame though. The kids are our kids not my kids. Go to most Nigeria homes, you will see that it is the mom that the kids care for most so it is her kids as well.

Conditions for divorce if you did court marriage is weighed heavily in the woman's favor. Truth be told.

It is only a foolish woman who will agree to marry a man who resists court marriage....A big fool she is.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ziggylady(f): 4:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
Bizibi:
this is the comment I expect from ladies.

Yeah right! undecided
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
Masterppower:

My dear, it's better imagined than experienced....

My bros lost everything cos of such.. ...

I am sure he wasn't completely innocent.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ziggylady:

It is only a foolish woman who will agree to marry a man who resists court marriage....A big fool she is.

Exactly!! It could mean that he is trying to play a fast one. It is better if he doesn't bother getting married at all.Most churches only wed you after you have gone to the court.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kimcutie:
I've been hearing the embolden for long time from women, so I want you to tell what's a real man and their benefits to you(as a woman).
For the purpose of this thread, One who doesn't 'whine'.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by teebee22(f): 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2018
lawman88:
she is not been smart, she is just protecting her right, which is keeping the cert. I assume she was given the cert to keep at the registry and not u. pls don't let some of these people who are not too enlightened on this issue spoil ur beautiful marriage. Build ur home, make ur woman happy and with the help of God u would tell ur kids how good their mum is. she may be scared of giving u the original cos I av heard of cases where the man took the cert and set it on fire; cos of ignorant friends who deceived him that the woman will have more say than him cos she is holding the cert. pls sir, I dnt know u but court or no court a loyal and well trained woman will always be one. my sister has been married for more than 11 years and their marriage is still Swt as its first year. mind u they did court marriage.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ayoolajumoke(f): 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
With these set of upcoming irresponsible husbands and fathers, with the thought of divorce and property ownership after divorce even with children, I WILL NEVER marry a man without a duly conducted court wedding and well signed papers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo / Lady Tracks Down Husband's Sidechick & Retrieves The Benz He Bought For Her (vid / Fake Yahoo Boy & Arrest: The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Crying (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.