Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,907 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:23 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (603316 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Onyi2728(f): 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
Has anyone booked an interview with Abuja embassy recently for Msc?

Kindly inform which date was given?

Also, after interview, does our passport get collected at the Abuja office ?

Thanks for the response
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2018
samajayi1:

Pls what exchange rate is bank giving with the form A, is it cheaper than the rate on abokifx.com?

At the bank, the account official said they'll use a PTA rate of #421 to fund the block acct.

I've decided to use Dorm acct to fund since the bank (Fidelity) said they can't fund the blocked acct beyond $5,000 (4,300 EUR), hence, what's the point? Moreover Abokifx rate today is 421/EUR, So I'll buy from a BDC to my dorm acct and fund the blocked acct.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by tmodeltoluene(m): 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
please who has gotten admission letter for those admitted into human geography, university of bremen.
I was sent a email accepting me into the program but yet to receive admission letter by post nor email.
I have sent them messages severally but no reply

someone should help me please.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2018
chrisb2r200:

Please I have been trying to locate the daad scholarship applicable to nigerians in the Web page...I can't seem to find any. please can u kindly mention any open one for me to help my search?

Hi. Kindly check the general MSc scholarships open to everybody. That was the one I applied too.
I heard that the use of scholarship can fast track your VISA at the embassy.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ejikeme27: 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
Sakasitay:

Hi. Kindly check the general MSc scholarships open to everybody. That was the one I applied too.

Hello sakasitay...do u have B2 in german...cos the ones i saw on daad require a level of german wgmhich i dont have..how did u do urs
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chrisb2r200: 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
Sakasitay:

I havent identified any so far with my search. I have only seen "in-country" or "in-region"an u give the name in "..." So I could easily locate in the daad web page

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dwali386: 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
savio93:

via their online portal. See eh, the application process for Global Change Ecology is quite different from other courses. they have their own portal.
its not the same portal that i used for applying to Environmental Chemistry.
For Global change Ecology, i did not send anything to the school, just did the online application, interview and admission dropped.
How do they do the interview,is it online?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by thattallboi(m): 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2018
queenvicka:

congrats
for rhinewaal did u use ielts or toefl, cos i know they dont accept english proficiency letter

I used toefl
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 3:04pm On Jun 26, 2018
My internet is a bit slow - I will show you how I did mine. Cheers.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2018
chrisb2r200:

I havent identified any so far with my search. I have only seen "in-country" or "in-region"an u give the name in "..." So I could easily locate in the daad web page
Hi! Check this out if you are interested in public policy, economics or law.
https://schoolnig.com/daad-helmut-schmidt-programme/

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
chrisb2r200:

Choose Development oriented postgraduate scholarship... It is in the menu.. It works for me, because, I wanna study Economics.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by naijacentric(m): 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
thattallboi:

I used toefl
bro are u ignorin me i wanna ask some questions am also applyin to rhine-waal i gave u my watsapp number for guidance or na crime
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
Sakasitay:

Choose Development oriented postgraduate scholarship... It is in the menu.. It works for me, because, I wanna study Economics.
that's right. DAAD Helmut Schmidt programs are development oriented.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2018
naijacentric:
bro are u ignorin me i wanna ask some questions am also applyin to rhine-waal i gave u my watsapp number for guidance or na crime
no be crime. LOL

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2018
ejikeme27:

Hello sakasitay...do u have B2 in german...cos the ones i saw on daad require a level of german which i dont have..how did u do urs

Sadly, I don't have. I just wanna learn the basics here. Then when I get there, I will go for an intensive program.
Re - the scholarship, kindly choose Development-oriented scholarships.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kongturkey: 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2018
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology admission dropped 1!1!1!1!1!1!1111!!!!!

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by naijacentric(m): 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
UbiPetrus:
no be crime. LOL
abi oh mayb d guy dey paranoid na hin sabi i know they give admissions in august so i was surprised he got his early na wetin i wan ask oh say how manage probably na lie sef!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
kongturkey:

Yesssss!!! God bless you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
naijacentric:
abi oh mayb d guy dey paranoid na hin sabi i know they give admissions in august so i was surprised he got his early na wetin i wan ask oh say how manage probably na lie sef!!!
Make you no conclude yet. E fit be say the guy dey busy. Just give am time.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
UbiPetrus:
that's right. DAAD Helmut Schmidt programs are development oriented.

The one I applied for sha didn't say it was "Helmut Schmidt", unless they are just similar
in nature. Let me hope for the best though. That link, which was shared a couple of minutes ago
states that the next scholarship phase is for 2019.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2018
Sakasitay:

The one I applied for sha didn't say it was "Helmut Schmidt", unless they are just similar
in nature. Let me hope for the best though. That link, which was shared a couple of minutes ago
states that the next scholarship phase is for 2019.
You mean the link I shared?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by naijacentric(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2018
UbiPetrus:
Make you no conclude yet. E fit be say the guy dey busy. Just give am time.
lol dar one sef dey but hin don reply queen vicka so he ignore notin do am if we meet for rhine waal i go hunt am down
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by samajayi1(m): 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
MaroCruz:

At the bank, the account official said they'll use a PTA rate of #421 to fund the block acct.

I've decided to use Dorm acct to fund since the bank (Fidelity) said they can't fund the blocked acct beyond $5,000 (4,300 EUR), hence, what's the point? Moreover Abokifx rate today is 421/EUR, So I'll buy from a BDC to my dorm acct and fund the blocked acct.

It's almost like black market price. Thanks for the info.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
kongturkey:
Gbosa!!! Congratulations, compatriot.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
UbiPetrus:
You mean the link I shared?

Yes
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2018
Sakasitay:

Yes
Ja. The Session is the 2019/2020 Winter Session but admissions and scholarships will be given this year and scholarship holders will leave for Deutschland first quarter of next year.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
Sakasitay:

Yes
Ja. The Session is the 2019/2020 Winter Session and applications are on. Admissions and scholarships will be given this year and scholarship holders will leave for Deutschland first quarter of next year.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2018
UbiPetrus:
Ja. The Session is the 2019/2020 Winter Session and applications are on. Admissions and scholarships will be given this year and scholarship holders will leave for Deutschland first quarter of next year.

Wow. Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Instructor001(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
Quite a while here.

Congrats to those who had received their admission letter, and the expectant shall also receive theirs as well by Jah's grace.

Greetings from JMU, wurzburg.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by savio93(m): 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
dwali386:
How do they do the interview,is it online?

Yea. Via Skype
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2018
Instructor001:
Quite a while here.

Congrats to those who had received their admission letter, and the expectant shall also receive theirs as well by Jah's grace.

Greetings from JMU, wurzburg.

How is Germany? How are you coping with the language and the culture?
And of course, how is the hustle going?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by savio93(m): 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
Azdof:

What's your undergraduate degree?

Zoology

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)