Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,563 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:42 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (605142 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
tmoneyluvsu:
Applicants must verify that their command of German satisfies the requirements of level C1
Plz I'm actually new, I don't know what this means?
this course is purely in German so go Learn German to that level before u can apply

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by walexies: 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ndydy:
Interview Transcript.
Questions I was asked
Do you speak German?

What course and why?

What School and semester?

Have you been to Germany?

When and how long?

Why Germany?

Why TU Berlin?

Why not Nigeria ,US or UK? She also asked of other countries I knew where my course was being taught.

Facts about Germany?( Note that follow up questions will be asked based on what you say)

What political party does Angela Merkel belong to?

Name the countries bordering Germany?

Capital of Belgium and Denmark?

What are your plans after study?

What was your bachelor thesis?

Then she collected my prepaid envelope and WAEC card and that was the end.

Visa fee was 26500 always take extra because it changes based on exchange rate of the day.

Things to note-

Come early.

Kindly follow your checklist make sure you have all documents and photocopies as stated.

Bring extra passport photo as I was asked for one extra besides the two I put on my form.

I was asked for my primary school certificate but I told him I did not have it, then he said OK put your secondary school certificate and university cert n transcript.

I came with my old intl passport as biographical document but I didn’t put it. He asked for just baptismal card, library card, vaccination card and old school ID card . I told him I had none and he said OK and asked me to arrange the next document.

Listen to Mr P and avoid asking him questions. Everything you need is written on your checklist. He will direct you on how to arrange your documents. But it helps if you arrange it according to the checklist in 3 batches, so it’s easy for you to reach when he is directing you.

Do not carry bags there you won’t be allowed in with it. Just put all you need in a folder , bring along an extra clear folder. Because he would use it to put your arranged document prior to going into the consulate.

Be Calm and confident. Don’t fabricate, just say what you know and are sure of.

Smile and be cheerful.

Prepare well and I pray God crowns all our effort with success.

Congratulations bro, success is yours. Are we meant to go with our transcript again, what if we have no copy at all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by GreatDIM: 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
victree007:

Ignore that information on their site. The information was already there before I applied and did my interview. Two of my friends have been interviewed too since we saw that information as well as countless number of people from Nairaland.
And no the one that got a date this morning didn't apply with a scholarship letter. We all used Fintiba.
I advise you to read back some pages of this thread and be informed or better still start from page 0

That information was there when you applied? Haba!!! This is stretching the truth.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by firmphem: 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2018
It's been 1week and 4days since I sent my passport and travel insurance to the embassy, I haven't received my parcel. People that sent to me after me have received. What could be happening. FedEx said they haven't received it from the embassy. I tired to track it but it's returning no data. Please what could be happening.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by AKUPSME: 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
Rosicky7:
I do
I am a prospective, what documents do you suggest I put in place for a smooth application.
Transcript
Certificate
What else please and when can I apply.
Masters of Electrical Engineering, information technology and computer engineering
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by AKUPSME: 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
DeutschJunge:

Whats the ish?
I am a Prospective, masters electrical, information technology and computer engineering.
Please what are the necessary steps and documents I need, cos the site said GRE, English test.
What documents did you use
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ndydy:
Interview Transcript.
Questions I was asked
Do you speak German?

What course and why?

When and how long?

Why Germany?

Why TU Berlin?

Why not Nigeria ,US or UK? She also asked of other countries I knew where my course was being taught.

Facts about Germany?( Note that follow up questions will be asked based on what you say)

Visa fee was 26500 always take extra because it changes based on exchange rate of the day.

Things to note-

Come early.

Kindly follow your checklist make sure you have all documents and photocopies as stated.

Bring extra passport photo as I was asked for one extra besides the two I put on my form.

I was asked for my primary school certificate but I told him I did not have it, then he said OK put your secondary school certificate and university cert n transcript.

I came with my old intl passport as biographical document but I didn’t put it. He asked for just baptismal card, library card, vaccination card and old school ID card . I told him I had none and he said OK and asked me to arrange the next document.

Listen to Mr P and avoid asking him questions. Everything you need is written on your checklist. He will direct you on how to arrange your documents. But it helps if you arrange it according to the checklist in 3 batches, so it’s easy for you to reach when he is directing you.

Do not carry bags there you won’t be allowed in with it. Just put all you need in a folder , bring along an extra clear folder. Because he would use it to put your arranged document prior to going into the consulate.

Smile and be cheerful.

Thanks, all the best.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by markwill3444: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
firmphem:
It's been 1week and 4days since I sent my passport and travel insurance to the embassy, I haven't received my parcel. People that sent to me after me have received. What could be happening. FedEx said they haven't received it from the embassy. I tired to track it but it's returning no data. Please what could be happening.
Which travel insurance did you use
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by firmphem: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
AXAmansard
markwill3444:

Which travel insurance did you use
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by manneger2: 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
Can I process Germany student visa from dubai
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by optimistic1: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
Hello all, please is german uiversities still accepting Application for a 2019 academic start.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by alamsgodsalams: 9:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
how can somebody pay for visa fee
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by goldsmiths: 10:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
i be dey hear one time like that sey rhinewaal kleve no dey nice for international students, abeg person fit explain better for me. Abeg[/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by RalphVwede(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ndydy:
Interview Transcript.
Questions I was asked
Do you speak German?

What course and why?

When and how long?

Why Germany?

Why TU Berlin?

Things to note-

Come early.

Smile and be cheerful.

Thanks and Success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndydy: 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2018
If you dont have a copy you can go without it. I dont think it is a deal breaker. As long as you have your certificate you should be alright.
walexies:

Congratulations bro, success is yours. Are we meant to go with our transcript again, what if we have no copy at all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
[quote author=SSamuelo post=69552434]What about waec or neck scratched card do they ask for it,and how did you fill the visa application form.Thanks for your response
@SSamuelo

Yes, i was specifically asked for the waec scratched card....and because my original waec got lost in transit (she almost made a big deal out of this one but i explained and showed her police report, affidavit , statement of result, certified copy of the original and the scratch card)...so I ensured I got the scratch card before interview.

I filled my form with pen, I didn't type
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2018
alamsgodsalams:
how can somebody pay for visa fee

You pay in naira cash to vo during ur interview
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dankeschon: 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
serendy:

I am just wondering what difference this details made. DailyDolar still didnt provide the needed information.

This is not a language course and thus the language visa would not be adequate. It's a Pre-Study course; HS Fulda runs such a program, as well as some Hamburg Unis, more or less like a Studienkolleg. The Consulate advises you apply for a Student visa, since you'll be resuming immediately after the Bridge year. However, the school would need a fresh application from you after the program in order to proceed to your degree study, but this is entirely for formalty sake since they must already have evaluated your transcripts/results and found you adequate for the Bridge-year program in the first place.

I pray the best for you; and dont worry, the Consulate won't ask you why you didnt run it in Nigeria cos Nigeria does not offer such programs to start with.

Btw: I was admitted in one of such prep course

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by flange: 12:14am On Jul 21, 2018
Ndydy:
Interview Transcript.
Questions I was asked
Do you speak German?

What course and why?

When and how long?

Why Germany?

Why TU Berlin?

Things to note-

Come early.

Smile and be cheerful.

Thanks for this btw was your motivation letter hand written and how many copies did you submit?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yungsholly04: 12:19am On Jul 21, 2018
firmphem:
When did you send your passport to them? Mine is over a week now and I haven't received anything
They received mine on Wednesday by Paulinus
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UncleJudax(m): 12:21am On Jul 21, 2018
Rosicky7:
You had admission letter since early June and you no book since? Oga, na waa for you o. Even if no be the most preferred school, you for apply with am, you can even still change school after getting visa sef
No be everybody go/wan enter Germany this year.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yungsholly04: 12:23am On Jul 21, 2018
firmphem:
AXAmansard
Have you received your passport visa been delivered yet? If yes, how long does it take them to send you back your document I will like to know please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by SSamuelo: 12:34am On Jul 21, 2018
Want to send documents to Germany I need a cheap and reliable courier.with office address within lagos,thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by firmphem: 12:52am On Jul 21, 2018
I haven't. My documents got to them on the10th
Yungsholly04:

Have you received your passport visa been delivered yet? If yes, how long does it take them to send you back your document I will like to know please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndydy: 2:19am On Jul 21, 2018
Handwritten original amd 2 photocopies
flange:

Thanks for this btw was your motivation letter hand written and how many copies did you submit?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Idonije8(m): 2:33am On Jul 21, 2018
Dankeschon:

This is not a language course and thus the language visa would not be adequate. It's a Pre-Study course; HS Fulda runs such a program, as well as some Hamburg Unis, more or less like a Studienkolleg. The Consulate advises you apply for a Student visa, since you'll be resuming immediately after the Bridge year. However, the school would need a fresh application from you after the program in order to proceed to your degree study, but this is entirely for formalty sake since they must already have evaluated your transcripts/results and found you adequate for the Bridge-year program in the first place.

I pray the best for you; and dont worry, the Consulate won't ask you why you didnt run it in Nigeria cos Nigeria does not offer such programs to start with.

Btw: I was admitted in one of such prep course
hello I really want to get in touch with you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Obinnalex(m): 3:49am On Jul 21, 2018
Harryokoli:

Which school please

Beuth University Berlin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Obinnalex(m): 3:56am On Jul 21, 2018
petlaz:

Hello brother
Which school is that?
Beuth University Berlin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by AKUPSME: 4:16am On Jul 21, 2018
Rosicky7:
I do
I sent you a PM please respond
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 5:52am On Jul 21, 2018
Replied
AKUPSME:

I sent you a PM please respond
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Reichtum(m): 6:23am On Jul 21, 2018
This YouTube video demostrates how you can send private messages to members on Nairaland forum and also how to write your own comment/question or reply to people's quotes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNfMC9ZGxgU

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by walexies: 6:39am On Jul 21, 2018
Ndydy:
If you dont have a copy you can go without it. I dont think it is a deal breaker. As long as you have your certificate you should be alright.

Thanks for the response, du sein der mann.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.