Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,822 members, 7,886,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 04:38 AM

The Unending Drama Of Nigeria Polity. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unending Drama Of Nigeria Polity. (270 Views)

Tinubu’s House Of Forgeries An Unending Drama, Says Atiku / Drama Of Ex-IGP Adamu’s Removal / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Unending Drama Of Nigeria Polity. by oloyikenny: 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
THE UNENDING DRAMA OF NIGERIA POLITY.
Nigerians indeed have continually been entertained with both sad and comical political drama. In the preceding week, it was stealing of national assembly symbol of authority (the mace) that dominated the polity. This wanton show of comical shame is not only hilarious but sardonic. It is only logical for one to query the audacious disrespect that could have prompted incursion into the nation assembly, an event that latter led to the disappearance of the mace. My bewildering question is; if the national assembly is so porous that nothing prevents criminals from gaining free access to a place like the national assembly, then the security of the common man is an illusion.
However, Political drama never leave the public purview, the story is always dynamic, it changes from person to event. The dramatic display of arrogance by senator dino melaye and police imprudence in handling arrest of a senator remind me of what is obtainable in a prismatic society; my greatest amazement, this country ought to have outgrown this barbarism. Taking an inquest into what instigated senator dino melaye to act the way he acted makes ones wonder of the amount of effort the senator is prepared to exert towards flouting his arrest. My puzzling: why senator dino melaye refuse to stand trial for his allegation: is he afraid of being indicted or certain of conviction?
I strongly believe the potency of the rule of law is the only antidot to maintaining peace and societal harmony. The consciousness that no one is above the law is the guarantor of a sane society. If the man dino need to stand trial for an allegation level against him, it is reasonable and expected of a man of his status to understand the essence of judicial system; instead of running around arousing unnecessary sympathy.
I am particularly happy, at the same time sad. Happy that a senator has to experience, the same treatment ordinary Nigerians has been experiencing on a daily basis at the hand of uncultured Nigeria’s police. I am sad, very sad at the flagrant disrespect to a senator of the federal republic of Nigeria. I really don’t know if Nigeria’s police have ethic of arrest, if they have, they must be ignorant of it.
The rule of law must triumph over person without sentiment, it’s supremacy cum potency must be upheld by every custodian of it: “legislature, Judiciary and Executive.”
Our society will become better when king, queen, politicians and citizen are subject to the rule of law.
I empathize with dino and wish he could pass through judicial scrutiny. His bravery and outspoken nature: a virtue that endear me to him.
Dear, distinguished senator dino melaye, respond to this trial and again win the heart of more Nigerians.
I AM THOMKENO AND I JUST WANT TO EDIFY MINDS.

(1) (Reply)

#budget2018 Highlights/background / Nigeria Is Not Ready For Fair Elections Next Year. Here’s Why / Tafawa Balewa's Son To Nigerians: Collect Their Money But Vote Your Conscience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.