Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,019 members, 7,896,291 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:27 AM

Men Begin Barbing Of Hair As Monarch Bans Bushy Hairs From His Palace. Photos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Men Begin Barbing Of Hair As Monarch Bans Bushy Hairs From His Palace. Photos (953 Views)

Ezeuzu Awka Officially Opens His New Palace (Photos) / Bushy Masquerade Announces Festival In Umuoji, Anambra (Video) / Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Ooni Of Ife In His Palace (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Begin Barbing Of Hair As Monarch Bans Bushy Hairs From His Palace. Photos by dainformant(m): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
According to reports, the Lamido of Adamawa Muhammadu Barkindo Musdafa has banned people with Afros and bushy hairs from entering in palace in Yola, Adamawa state capital. The new development has prompted men in the area to begin barbing their hair in order not to incur the wrath of the monarch.

A palace witness Abduljalal Abubakar shared the news on Facebook.

He wrote; Happening now at lamido’s premises his Royal highness lamido of Adamawa has been banned any kind of OldSchool or Pomb Hair,Hairy,Haircloth in Yola Town.Long life Baba..

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/lamido-of-adamawa-bans-afros-and-bushy-hairs-from-his-palace.html

1 Like

Re: Men Begin Barbing Of Hair As Monarch Bans Bushy Hairs From His Palace. Photos by dainformant(m): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Men Begin Barbing Of Hair As Monarch Bans Bushy Hairs From His Palace. Photos by KingSango(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good command. I need to chop off this bush. grin

Long live Baba.

www.undergroundriseup..com

Ase

Love Sango
Re: Men Begin Barbing Of Hair As Monarch Bans Bushy Hairs From His Palace. Photos by OneCorner: 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
Their problem.
Carry pesin mata for head like dada
Re: Men Begin Barbing Of Hair As Monarch Bans Bushy Hairs From His Palace. Photos by GloriaNinja(f): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
undecided AFRICA IS THEIR OWN PROBLEM
Re: Men Begin Barbing Of Hair As Monarch Bans Bushy Hairs From His Palace. Photos by Lonestar124: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
I'm not surprise for once...isn't Africa?

Africans are known for their mistake prioritisations stern with unfounded superstitions.

As in the palace is heaven or what?.........Even president buhari entered the white house with his hairs uncut.
Re: Men Begin Barbing Of Hair As Monarch Bans Bushy Hairs From His Palace. Photos by meobizy(f): 1:57am On Jun 21, 2018
Lonestar124:
I'm not surprise for once...isn't Africa?

Africans are known for their mistake prioritisations stern with unfounded superstitions.

As in the palace is heaven or what?.........Even president buhari entered the white house with his hairs uncut.
Please put this in layman's english. As learned as I am I only have an idea what it means. I can't imagine the difficulty the average poster will face trying to decipher the statement.
Re: Men Begin Barbing Of Hair As Monarch Bans Bushy Hairs From His Palace. Photos by meobizy(f): 2:07am On Jun 21, 2018
This man is only an idiot promoting a colonial concept. Before the white men invaded us men were free to grow hair to any length, the culture encouraged the use of naturally sourced resources in grooming. It was not uncommon to see hair and beards coated in hardened honey, mud or palm oil to encourage growth and avoidance of lice.
Afros were, at most, a basic style choice.

A better option is for him to educate the people on how to take care of their God given hair. Hair picks are easy to get since most are made of wood, a resource Africa is abundant with.

(1) (Reply)

Experiences With Some Naija People That Have You Laughing For Days. / Need History Information / The Greatest Road Menace: Danfo, Okada Or Trailers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.