Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,505 members, 7,898,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:26 AM

Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made (25008 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / Remove N887bn Inserted Projects From 2022 Budget - Buhari To National Assembly / Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Elitecee(m): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
All buhari and his government knows how to do most is to blame others for their failures. Before the coming of this government our budget is always below #5trn with good and visible projects to account for. but under this falsely government the reverse is the case....they are just good in blaming.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by MaziOmenuko: 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
shocked

National assembly of rogues. Increasing their own allocation at the expense of national developmental projects.

Shey Sen Enyinnaya Abaribe and all these SE senators are part of this senate that is reducing money meant for Enugu international airport and 2nd Niger Bridge? After, they come home to preach the Buhari hates igbos and don't allocate projects to SE.

Thieves and rogues! I am vexed in my spirit right now!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by felix10(m): 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2018
I think BuBu should have return d budget to national assembly to remove all d introduced project, BuBu is afraid of impeachment.
Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by tope777(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2018
The same lamentation. What happened to last year budget?
The more you look, the less you see.
Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:47pm On Jun 20, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
What is the dunce writing there?

Wonders shall never cease

See olodo talking about cutting cost

Did you think of That when you used taxpayers money to travel abroad for medical treatment...
Or when your son crashed with his over 50million leisure power bike and you sent him to a German hospital...

His shenanigans can only manifest on zombies

Some of you are just ocvupying space in this world.

Your open hatred for PMB has made you blind to the truth like a fool who thinks what he says holds any relevance even when he wants to sound logical.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Enice(m): 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
bmxshop:
This was the bone of contention between NASS and the presidency , they got their cut by threatening the president with impeachment.
you get sense so. You think say na beans to impeach president

1 Like

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Abdulgorozo: 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
I pray make thunder strike dat NASS one afternoon

3 Likes

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
adioolayi:
How can we just stone all those NASS members to death at once?

Just look at the statement below:

"The president said another area of concern was the increase by the National Assembly of the provisions for Statutory Transfers by an aggregate of N73.96 billion, adding that "Most of these increases are for recurrent expenditure at a time we are trying to keep down the cost of governance.
"An example of this increase is the budget of the National Assembly itself which has increased by N14.5 billion, from N125 billion to N139.5 billion without any discussion with the executive"
Can you please imagined?!!
And they are always shouting democracy with their big stomach.
Bunch of criminals undecided

1 Like

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Seetto: 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
Mutemenot:
I have always knw that NASS is the major problem of this country. d president has limited powers but, I tot bubu has a means of overcoming all dis NASS role
The only way is to dished out Ghana must go,,, which he will never do...God bless PMB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by tinsel: 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

Did you think of That when you used taxpayers money to travel abroad for medical treatment...
Or when your son crashed with his over 50million leisure power bike and you sent him to a German hospital...

You made sense right. I know you are an Igbo like me. They cut second Niger bridge budget and you are happy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by topsyn03(m): 11:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
AFTER READING PMB COMMENT WITH RESPECT TO CUTS MADE BY NASS, IT IS CYSTAL CLEAR WITHOUT BEEN SENTIMENT THAT THE NASS ARE THE GREATESS PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY. THOUGH NOBODY IS A SAINT BUT AT THESAME TIME THIS IS GLARING FACT THAT THE NASS ARE BUNDLE OF THIEVES. PMB GOT HIMSELF INTO TROUBLE SINCE DAY 1 OF HIS SWEARING CEREMONY THAT ''HE BELONGS TO EVERYBODY AND HE BELONGS TO NO 1''. HOW ON EARTH WILL NASS CUT A PROJECT OF 4 BILLION TO 100 MILLION, THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND THE NASS HAVE THE BRAVERY TO INCREASE THEIR OWN BUDGET FROM 125 TO 139.5 BILLION OF NON OF THE CONSTITUENCY PROJECT WILL BE CARRIED OUT. WITH ALL SINCERITY, I THINK OUR COSTITUTION SHOULD BE AMENDED TO GIVE THE PRESIDENT POWER TO TAKE SOME DECISION WITHIN HIS POWER. (IF THEIR IS PLS ENLIGHTEN ME). THE QUESTION NOW IS THAT ARE WE TRULY PRACTING DEMOCRAZY? MOREOVER, I THINK OUR NASS NEEDS REFORMATION.
#GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by nedu666: 12:00am On Jun 21, 2018
Imagine the nonsense coming from the president. If the national assembly reduced estimates on critical project and increased their budget. What u do is simple return it back to them or follow tru with ur initial projections and release no money to them. Rather u are moaning and complaining to nigerians. Inbetween how come most of the reduction are in the south and in fasholas ministry. Oponu.
Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by sexyanyabubakar(f): 12:01am On Jun 21, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

Buhari can lie for Africa. He should have blamed it on Gadaffi boys. Please accept this Social security alert from Abacha Loot. Strictly for Unemployd yoots only
Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Justinah4real(f): 12:22am On Jun 21, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

Buhari can Lie for Africa. Right now he is laughing at those Zombies

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by madridguy(m): 12:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Shaking my head for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by benzion72(m): 1:11am On Jun 21, 2018
When you stop shifting responsibility tell me. Super whiner
Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by benuejosh: 5:42am On Jun 21, 2018
tiwasiaife:
The president wants to collide Nigerians with the National Assembly members .But we know better
This man.is the chief blamer
He knows how to shift post
He doesn't.admit to failure
What has happened to the other budgets.
Blv u me if the house did not cut the budget and maybe tried to distribute the budget equitably , u will find that that this is how the budget would have looked like .

North east 22%
North west 23%
North central 20%
North west 17%
South south 11%
south east 7%

Don't let hatred blind you to seeing the truth and saying what ought to be at the right time. Of all your analysis (%), you left out South West, which almost confirms to me the region you are from. The NASS has cut most projects, let's deal with that at the moment. The East is the most hit in the budget cut. Every meaningful project coming from the east was cut by almost 75%. Yet Ekweremadu id from the east. Deal with those issues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by benuejosh: 5:43am On Jun 21, 2018
And yet a dunce on NL was blaming Buhari for signing a budget after 7 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Mutemenot(m): 5:46am On Jun 21, 2018
Seetto:

The only way is to dished out Ghana must go,,, which he will never do...God bless PMB.

His consent to the Budget is already a Ghana MustGo dished out . You think d addition n subtraction done by the NASS re for the benefit of me n you? Noo
Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by godfatherx: 5:55am On Jun 21, 2018
TheCabal:
This story is been heavily suppressed;

Headlines from the sensationalists and inept:
Ocherome Vanguard: I was compelled to sign 2018 budget, says Buhari
Channelstv (the western lackey): I’m Concerned About Some Changes The National Assembly Made – Buhari
Se'wereReporters: Buhari On Collision grin Course With N'Assembly Over 'Improperly Conceptualised' Alterations To 2018 Budget
Guardians of Corruption: Buhari signs 2018 budget
ThePinch: You shouldn’t have signed the altered Budget 2018, Nigerians tell Buhari

Headlines from the sane and morally sound:
DailyTrust (cautious and well researched): Buhari lists projects from which cuts were made
PremiumTimes (hits grin, back to back): Buhari opens up, accuses National Assembly of ‘padding’ 2018 budget
What's the headline of The Nation & The Sun?
Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by femmy2010(m): 6:02am On Jun 21, 2018
May God be for Nigeria .
Keep working PMB, God would be your strength.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by comos: 6:57am On Jun 21, 2018
Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Apina(m): 7:16am On Jun 21, 2018
I'm not supporting anyone but we are only being told part of a story. Why not release the details of the budget and said projects where these cuts where made from and how it was redistributed so that we can make informed comments. Most people here are just masturbating on the thread unnecessarily, what if the said budgetary allocations surpassed what it was budgeted for, should the NASS had left it that way? I'm just trying to be logical here and not supporting anyone and thus lets wait to hear their own part of the story undecided

1 Like

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by yusuf99(m): 8:28am On Jun 21, 2018
tempest69:
1. After reading President @MBuhari budget signing speech, it is crystal clear that the biggest threat to our development is the present NASS. This current bunch are a huge threat to our democracy and development.

Only in Nigeria we hear NASS members want to execute project no where in any country in the world except a bastardized Nigerian culture under PDP.

Thats why the first PMB budget got Missing because they have never passed through the normal procedure order than exchange of Ghana must go bags

Second got padded by the Criminals and Rogues

Third got Delayed for Seven months padded and highly inflated.

Any reasonable person should know that the BIGGEST PROBLEM THIS COUNTRY HAS IS THE ASSEMBLY OF CRIMINALS....
with ppl like saraki and dogara heading our nass Chambers things can never go well.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by tempest69: 8:32am On Jun 21, 2018
yusuf99:
with ppl like saraki and dogara heading our nass Chambers things can never go well.
The godfather of Armed Robbers in Kwara State is the Head of Senate. What do you expect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by tempest69: 8:33am On Jun 21, 2018
How can you as an Institution introduce 6,403 projects amounting to 578 billion Naira when you are not constitutionally mandated to execute projects?

1 Like

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Nnamdiojukwu: 8:40am On Jun 21, 2018
ManirBK:
NASS our problem bundles of thievs..
Many idiots here will not accept that fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by gurnam: 8:42am On Jun 21, 2018
kitaatita:

Ike Ekweremadu, Enyinnaya Iberibe, Sam Anyanwu, etc. They don't want Buhari to succeed with the 2nd Niger Bridge when their hero failed. And National Assembly doesn't want improved power supply so that PMB won't take credit

That is just the simple truth, the politics of 2019 is heavily weighing on the budget.
The SE senators just don’t give a damn about thier people as long as they are sure their people won’t have a rethink about PMB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Nnamdiojukwu: 8:43am On Jun 21, 2018
samebony1:
The national Assembly is definitely the problem and not PMB.
They cut provisions for the 2nd Niger Bridge and Ekwerenmadu, deputy Senate President did not shout. They reduced allocation for the Maritime University in Delta state and Edwin Clark is not making noise
They play politics with everything, he promised to built second Niger bride,let's see how he will do that,the deputy senate president presided over this,yet the eastern forum arm of Nairaland will not say a thing.
Is a pity.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by Nnamdiojukwu: 8:44am On Jun 21, 2018
gurnam:

That is just the simple truth, the politics of 2019 is heavily weighing on the budget.
The SE senators just don’t give a damn about thier people as long as they are sure their people won’t have a rethink about PMB.
Thank you.
You are thinking straight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by gurnam: 8:44am On Jun 21, 2018
tempest69:
How can you as an Institution introduce 6,403 projects amounting to 578 billion Naira when you are not constitutionally mandated to execute projects?

No costing analysis, no structural analysis by the works ministry, just insert so they can collude with contractors they nominate and share the money.

This is about the worst NASS since Nigeria was given independence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made by gurnam: 8:45am On Jun 21, 2018
Nnamdiojukwu:
Thank you.
You are thinking straight.

It’s such a pity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chidi Lloyd: Ferry Gberegbe Was Not Shot Dead, He Acted A Movie / Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers / 2023: Atiku Employs 19 SANs To Challenge Tinubu’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.