Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,661 members, 7,951,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (54516 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 84% (184 votes)
Draw: 6% (14 votes)
Lose: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2010
ucysiz:

in football u learn to control your temper we are not in battle field kaita was booked not because he touch the guy but because he exhibited act of premeditated violence against the greek player
AHHHHHHH didnt know simulated violence was a football offense  tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
heryyy:

[size=20pt]Give me back my BEER and take your LAGERBACK[/size]   grin grin grin

lager beer or
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
Am so happy we lost. Even after our match with Argentina i kept shouting that we dont have a team, Enyeama just covered our backside, but no one listened. Thank God, let Korea beat us. Leave kaita alone, what about the other 9 men on the feild so because of one man they cannot play again
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2010
The approach taken by Lagerback after the red card was pitiful and the players themselves were insane with the exception of Enyeama
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by titsqueez(m): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2010
my people abeg is there anyway we can qualify for the next round or are we doomed?.

Enyeama i still salute you. Nigeria salute you
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by denzel2009: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2010
buzugee:

oK just daw the video. kaita did not touch the man. yall need TO LEAVE KAITA ALONE. the silly greek guy was not touched and he jumped to the floor in simulation of being attacked. if anything yall should be on the refrees case. kAITA IS INNOCENT  angry

Innocent ko Innopence ni. He was booked cos of his aggressive behaviour.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2010
What are we going to play in the next round that we should qualify? Let the better of Greece or South Korea go; these super fowls deserve to be sacrificed as burnt offering and please let the NFF never hire a foreign coach again. ROTIMI AMAECHI and the useless presidential task force should go and tackle the various problems in their states and leave football to be administered by the NFF.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2010
The approach taken by Lagerback after the red card was pitiful and the players themselves were insane with the exception of Enyeama

and what approach is that?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2010
otokx:

they lack the naija spirit
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by 190: 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
tit_squeez:

my people abeg is there anyway we can qualify for the next round or are we doomed?.

No way!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2010
buzugee:

AHHHHHHH didnt know simulated violence was a football offense  tongue

umm there is something called INTENT.  his intent was to cause harm and unsportsmanlike.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2010
omar22:

and what approach is that?

what do u expect lagerback to do
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by astuto: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2010
Naija dey vex o. See wot corruption (remember dat it is believed that Lagerback gave bribe to get the job) has gotten us into. Damnnit!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Folusade(f): 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nairalanders
I congratulate all of you o!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by GeorgeD1(m): 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2010
jalether:

Was the foreign coach responsible for the Kaita red card and yak/obasi's mediocrity in front of goal?

well, who is responsible then?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by naliakar: 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2010
Because Nigeria is good in corruption at least, should't we turn it into a positive by either bribing Argentina to wallop Greece and/or pay S.Korea handsomely to lose to SE/ It is possible and we may just move on to the next round.

At the next round Kaita will be back and we will be on a roll again as before.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2010
George_D:

well, who is responsible then?

the offending players?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2010
astuto:

Naija dey vex o. See wot corruption (remember dat it is believed that Lagerback gave bribe to get the job) has gotten us into. Damnnit!

my own pass vex if not for one thing another mutallahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Folusade(f): 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2010
A friend of mine said its the "back' in Lagerback's name dey worry us o.
We for employ LAGREFRONT!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2010
tit_squeez:

190:

No way!!

ANY victory against d Koreans 'll c us thru
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 7:06pm On Jun 17, 2010
People are wailing in the streets; they want to have their hands on Kaita.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2010
naliakar:

Because Nigeria is good in corruption at least, should't we turn it into a positive by either bribing Argentina to wallop Greece and/or pay S.Korea handsomely to lose to SE/ It is possible and we may just move on to the next round.

At the next round Kaita will be back and we will be on a roll again as before.

we can resurrect the dead
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2010
otokx:

People are wailing in the streets; they want to have their hands on Kaita.

me too i need to teach that guy some lessons
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by hbrednic: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2010
KAITA  IS NOT A NIGERIAN,
HE IS A SABOTUER FROM NIGER REPUBLIC  grin  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
hbrednic:

KAITA  IS NOT A NIGERIAN,
HE IS A SABOTUER FROM NIGER REPUBLIC  grin  grin

hahaha
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
tkb417:

No sir

The players missed the goal, got the red card grin grin grin

Organisation of football is bad in the country but even those that are supposed to be suffering from it are doing wonderfully well
Kano Pillars and the local teams are doing well in the continent

we have been suffering from this organisational malaise for a long time but now we are just short of talents
i dont know how NFF would have helped in making our players play in good teams like Barca, UTD, Real and co
thts the only panacea to the rot in SE

How many Ghanain players play in those clubs? How many Germans do? your disinterest in organisation would be good enough if Super Eagles were playing against Kano Pillars and measured by those standards but this is surely not the case on this situation. If we have no organisation we can not do well at the world, we will not produce magicians like Okocha every 4years. Such players come once in 50years.

Are you saying we should not go to world cup and hope to do well  untill we produce another Okocha?

How many countries have won the world cup in the last 50years without a decent and organised local league, local FA and committed football culture?

When Amodu was hired to coach our Eagles was he the best local coach in the country?

was amodu hired to fail so that they can prepare grounds to justify the hiring of a foreign coach on the advent of the world cup? hence opportunity to make money through big money deals?

was lagerback the best we could have? A man who could not qualify his own country for the same world cup?

How come lagerback's salary is similar to figure Glenn Hoddle claimed he was advised to quote if he wants to get the job of SE Coach? keep in mind Glenn Hoddle only wanted half of that amount?

Why did lagerback consider it necessary to lodge a copy of his contract with FIFA? what incited such a strange behaviour? has he gotten into some dirty deals with some members of those who hired him that he has found reasons not to trust them?

The whole hiring of a coach who only had 3 weeks to prepare his team for the world cup played a part in our failure surely and we should be asking if this scenario was by design and this responsibility falls on NFF's lap.

Honestly I am smiling and loving my beer. I am hoping that this failure sweeps the NFF away. This can happen and our football organisation will be better for it as a result of this failure at the world cup which is why this loss is not all bad news to me.

It is time for our ex-players who have played the game at the highest level take responsibility for football administration. they can not continue to leave it up to NFF to do what they like.some

Let the next NFF President be elected via a special football convention where all Nigerian players and ex-players who have played for a recognised football club both locally and internationally are asked to come together and vote for who the next NFF President should be. Let the process be transparent and let our ex-players present themselves for the election.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by stanleymail03(m): 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
I just got my calculator. It time to make addition and subtraction. See you guys in class nextweek for math101.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
they lack the naija spirit

You mean the one under Amodu

You sound like the English, blame everyone without looking at yourself, A Red Card from something stupid could suck the life out of a team, and people are blaming the Manager, no wonder we are not stable
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by lexibaba(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
And thts the way the cookie crumbles, we're on our way home kaita whyyyyyy?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
and so the circus continues. next 4 years will be the same story:

local coach qualifies the national team, then last minute a foreign coach appears on the scene.
he picks players based on the local coach's established criteria, collects 6 months salary upfront,
goes to the world cup, loses all three matches and absconds from there.

when will we ever learn as a nation?

From your statement, It seems this has happened before, Now can you tel us when "local coach qualifies the national team, then last minute a foreign coach appears on the scene.
he picks players based on the local coach's established criteria, collects 6 months salary upfront,
goes to the world cup, loses all three matches and absconds from there
".

I am awaiting examples of this scenario
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
ucysiz:

hahaha

interesting
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
SANI KAITA

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (53) (Reply)

Farouk Yarma Pictured With Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu And Puyol In Russia / Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom / Barcelona Appoints Ronald Koeman As New Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.