Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,291 members, 7,934,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:22 PM

Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System (18957 Views)

American University Of Nigeria School Fees (photos) / The Inherent Fallacy In The Nigerian Secondary School System / Nigeria: School Where Boarding, Day Pupils Pray Against Rainfall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System by Myrealface: 4:29am On Jun 22, 2018
Bgcentz:
who doesn't hate Nigerian school system?
na like "educational prison" smiley

Lol
Re: Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System by sexdoll: 4:47am On Jun 22, 2018
gregyboy:

[s]Mentally slaved wako....
Unemployed teacher probably if the employ you as a teacher you will do worse to ur student
Am not even your student now you are lecturing me on english hypocrite...
You have to know am not d kind of guy who impress anyone with writing on net or books when i write i dont crosscheck and i dgf about it if youre educated as you claim you should understand everything i wrote except you ain't only forming smart
ENGLISH TEACHER[/s]

typical rant coming from a confirmed product of a failed educational school system.

you should be so ashamed of yourself.

it is only a nincompoop like you who will write total rubbish and expect another person to just understand it.

you better withdraw from that uniben right now and stop wasting the money of whoever is 'training' you.

1 Like

Re: Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System by Johnboom: 6:03am On Jun 22, 2018
sprints1:
what is the solution if u get out university and u can't get a job...u need little money to boost ur creativity....ur skillset u need to little money...lil Wayne became what he is becos of his father he gave him $500 to make a living from his music career...d dangote u know was helped by his brother look at him today....u need a lift....maybe from someone or hustling... mitrovic of Serbia had anger issues always angry his father helped him channel it into sports look at him representing is country at the world cup...u need something to make something....u need scraps to make something tangible
Yes, but if you look around help is every where. Universities are meant to prepare you to solve problem not to only get a job. I started my poultry in School - OAU with just #9000, one carton of cockrel from poultry plaza. now I thank God. I don't need Job for the rest of my life. Is not really about money but the problem I am solving. Lecturer prefer to buy my chicken because I use my knowledge in school to distinguish my product which is Organic Chicken.They are the one begging me to even sell.
Re: Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System by mcsnup: 8:42am On Jun 22, 2018
That's half the truth, if you understand the history, you are better position to use such knowledge to make the difference at least their are people handy with little or no education you can successfully manage or guide....I have a friend who is a graduate of computer science, the young man cannot even operate my laptop, I looked at him and told him seeing him with the laptop, I dey imagine Moses(bible Moses) on a laptop. It was a sad yet funny sight. My resolve his to make the most I can of my life and teach and the worst place to start is in our schools.... I taught in a school, I was called in the last minute less than a month to their examination (waec) I just day talk and write until I notice the students and I where on a different space, so I resolve to not assume they knew anything then I write 1/2 + 1/2 and not one soul knew the answer in fact they did not even no what a numerator or a denominator is! In my life I can never be shocked again, I tell you I can never since I survived that one, ss3 students, ironically the name of the school is/was distinction gate though when I asked half plus half a few were able to answer. Couldn't stay long there but I gather that majority of the student passed waec.
EazyMoh:
One of my lecturers once said we were not learning engineering, but rather history of engineering.
I agree with him.

1 Like

Re: Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System by EazyMoh(m): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2018
mcsnup:
That's half the truth, if you understand the history, you are better position to use such knowledge to make the difference at least their are people handy with little or no education you can successfully manage or guide....I have a friend who is a graduate of computer science, the young man cannot even operate my laptop, I looked at him and told him seeing him with the laptop, I dey imagine Moses(bible Moses) on a laptop. It was a sad yet funny sight. My resolve his to make the most I can of my life and teach and the worst place to start is in our schools.... I taught in a school, I was called in the last minute less than a month to their examination (waec) I just day talk and write until I notice the students and I where on a different space, so I resolve to not assume they knew anything then I write 1/2 + 1/2 and not one soul knew the answer in fact they did not even no what a numerator or a denominator is! In my life I can never be shocked again, I tell you I can never since I survived that one, ss3 students, ironically the name of the school is/was distinction gate though when I asked half plus half a few were able to answer. Couldn't stay long there but I gather that majority of the student passed waec.
Education system in Nigeria is pathetic imagine spending 20 good years of one's life and still know very little. Not even a good spoken or written English.
What the lecturer was considering was that imagine studying engineering in 2010s yet our syllabi was that of 1980s! We had AutoCad Lab equipped with more than hundred computers but since we entered until we graduate nobody even attempted opening the lab for us. It was always under lock with giant burglar proof bars.
Can you imagine still doing engineering drawing 100% on paper! Saddest thing is even the lecturers can't use it. Few years ago a Prof was shocked when a friend of mine told him he had purchased something online and awaiting delivery...
Bros it's simply pathetic! That's why I was telling a friend who ironically happens to be a teacher that I will establish my own school as soon as my kids come of age. In 3 years I can coach my kid to ace SSCE and UME more than those that went through 12 years of this abysmal Nigerian Primary and Secondary education.

1 Like

Re: Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System by mcsnup: 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
EazyMoh:

Bros it's simply pathetic! That's why I was telling a friend who ironically happens to be a teacher that I will establish my own school as soon as my kids come of age. In 3 years I can coach my kid to ace SSCE and UME more than those that went through 12 years of this abysmal Nigerian Primary and Secondary education.
shameful so, it's the way to go for anyone who truly values and is deeply concern about the education of their children or wards. What the formal education couldn't achieve in 6yrs, one would achieve it in 3yrs with 70% lesser time in home schooling unfortunately it has its own downside, your ward may lack the right social orientation.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System by OyinO: 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
Truest post. Paper Qualifications of read and write instead of read and reason.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System by iamleumas: 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nawa for my country o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N1.2bn Fraud: Universities Begin Secret Moves To Clear Name / Federal Polytechnic Offa 2011/2012 Post Utme Admissions Exercise Is Out / ASUU Snubs FG No Work No Pay Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.