Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,298 members, 7,971,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 09:41 PM

Help! 33 Teeth And Counting - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! 33 Teeth And Counting (7174 Views)

10 Things You Eat That Destroys Your Teeth And How To Deal With Them. / 33 Home Remedies To Lose Belly Fat / My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2010
Ruq:

Yeah am in naija. I've been thinkin of creek hospital.Cuz I've been treated there once. Even if am blind i will never chose luth. I think govt hospitals are on strike.

i do know that general hospital, ikeja (ayinke house) has excellent facilities and very good dentists.
you will be surprised to know that most of the well known dentists (that own their private clinics) also offer their services at Ayinke house.

however, if you prefer a private dental clinic, go to Othondoville. If i remember correctly, they are located at Illupeju.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2010
@funkybaby thanks alot you ave really been of help. Now i need to summon the courage. Can the pain just go? Someone told me to try salt and warm water.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2010
Ruq:

@funkybaby thanks alot you ave really been of help. Now i need to summon the courage. Can the pain just go? Someone told me to try salt and warm water.

you're welcome.
just go and see the dentist.

the earlier you go, the better.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Sissy3(f): 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2010
funkybaby

am  shocked shocked shocked shocked by your ordeal!

Ruq

no go try any salt and water. go and see a dentist and know the position/conditions of things in there. thanks funkybaby for suggesting those hosp to Ruq at least now hes no more excuse
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
Thanks Sissy. At least with your help i know what wisdom tooth means.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by funkybaby(f): 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2010
~Sissy~:

funkybaby

am  shocked shocked shocked shocked by your ordeal!

yeah, its shocking. and to think i have another 2 more to remove  undecided

~Sissy~:

Ruq

no go try any salt and water. go and see a dentist and know the position/conditions of things in there. thanks funkybaby for suggesting those hosp to Ruq at least now hes no more excuse

exactly. if i had someone suggest the same to me when i first discovered the teeth growing, i prolly will have all my teeth still intact now.

@ruq
most likely, the dentist will look at the position of the new tooth and will most likely remove the existing tooth to give 'space' for the growing tooth to fit in the gum. that way, the teeth wont be 'fighting for space' to fit in and there is a reduced chance of having cavities. truth is, the gum was created to fit in 32 teeth and not 34.

this was what the dentist told me he would have done if i had come earlier for consultation.  undecided
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 11:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
Thanks all the same. I feel saved. Thanks to all of you.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by clomn(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2010
If u are sure then u are really abnormal.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by emmydee(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2010
i had same problem about 2 months ago. serious aches, but i went through it, today i feel no more aches. d tooth is just there. so just give it some time
it will settle.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by tosinaded(m): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2010
poster u dont have 34 teeths, u av 34 teeth!!!!
teeth is plural na
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2010
tosinaded@:

poster u dont have 34 teeths, u av 34 teeth!!!!
teeth is plural na

If you had the pain you wouldn't rembr plural or singular as a matter of fact "33 Teeth" Sounds rong! but i don't care thanks anyway.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Ruq: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2010
emmydee:

i had same problem about 2 months ago. serious aches, but i went through it, today i feel no more aches. d tooth is just there. so just give it some time
it will settle.

Thanks, exactly what i got told. the dentist said if the aches persist i should come for removal. so now am hoping the pain goes.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by romsky: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2010
awwww poor u
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by lescey(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2010
o boy, u funny, pls try again.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by hooged: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2010
o boy go commot am, unlless na bad luck
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Demdem(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2010
Ruq:

Am scared. Don't think i can bear the pain. Can i be chloroformed?

Of cos u av to be. I strongly believe u av offended some witches and wizards from ur village. U really need to plead with them unless they wont allow u rest till it gets to 50.
Goodluck.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by tosinaded(m): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2010
Ruq actually i feel ur pain i swear!
had issues with one of my tooth wen i was young, . . . just tut it was a normal thing, so i  didnt inform my parents.
kept on taking panadol every day. . . .till i moved to a stronger pain killer and the hole kept on getting wider and deeper. . . . . .

tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill i found it didficult eating with that side of my mouth

tiiiiiiiilllllllll i couldnt take it anymore i would cry at night silently, not waking any1 up

tilllllllllllll it almost killed my of constant headaches everyday

till i started cryn loud at nite and my mom woke up one nite and heard me crying!

i told her my tooth was aching, she told me to take pain killers, then i said it wont work. . . . .she was like wut do i mean, then i showed her a carton of it under my bed!!!!!

she passed out. . . . . . my dad came in and checked the hole and took me straight to luth that night!!!!

Luth experiene was another experience o, the dentist was like removing the tooth would disfigure my dentition and dat we could remove the pulp of the tooth!!!!
trust me i went tru hell, with series of drillings, xrays, injections in the mouth!
twas like they wanted to remove my heart!
went to luth for like  a month before it could be removed sha!!!!

so they finally removed the pulp and left the tooth sha!

it was then i was told that after the pain of child birth is toothache

1 Like

Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by cecegorz(m): 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2010
Hey guys,

Having taken out 2 teeth in my young life, I will tell you that a trip to the Dentist's, no matter how unfriendly it is, is far better than managing the bad tooth. I develpoed a crack, then a small hole first, instead of going to fill it up, i allowed it to rotten. By then extraction was the only option.

I think what makes the experience terrible is if the injection that is supposed to make your gums numb didn't work, thats the only time you feel the pain while the Doc is at it.

Just make sure you go to a well equiped Dental lab, and get it done asap.

I suggest Ande Christ Dentals, off raymond Njoku, Ikoyi. That babe sure knows her onions. all d best though.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by wazobiang: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2010
Na vampire teeth u dey grow so. Goodnight.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by krazynaija(m): 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2010
Erm guyz i got this gap tooth down my front tooth. Buh after an incident while i was in skool sum years baq was puched n the gap got wider, Both tooth involved shifted  a bit ontop of the odaz beside 'em, I'd like to shift the teeth baq to the normal positions. Was told i'd need braces for 'em. Can anyone tell me a good dental clinic in lagos i can get this done? Because i have a phobia for government hospitals, the wait, the shakara, and i imagine what the facilities will look like, their stuffs are always old,
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by CarlosVent(m): 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2010
pls dnt count with ur tongue count wit a stick
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by dipo2much(m): 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2010
@ poster.

You should be acting movies grin. Just kidding

But why d fuss. its not abnorm
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by tausi(f): 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2010
I feel yah funkybaby. Not only did I have like 4 extra wisdom teeth, but apparently I also had 2 extra teeth in my gum just waiting to come out one day. And these at my lower gum in the front. I say apparently because they just showed me an x-ray of myteeth/gums (u have to believe them).

They removed all these( 6 teeth in total) in one operation. Since am  a coward and dread the dentist I took this option instead of one at a time. I was given a full anaesthesia and strong painkillers afterwards. I took these for 5 days, only ate fluids but i never felt pain at any time. Much to my own surprise.

I had a very good dentist!!!!!
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by uyakachi(m): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2010
dont tell me that you are turning into becoming a vampire
is better u remove it at once before is too late and mind you, aids full naija grin grin grin
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Outstrip(f): 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2010
My younger sister would have had thirty four and the weirdest part is that the last two were growing side by side not behind the other. She had them pulled out. I have twenty eight because I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Builder: 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2010
my dear friend,

u are not abnormal neither are u cursed, just see yourself as been lucky atleast you know you can eat your food quickly before  folks join u .besides, u spend less time on breaks at work cos ur 33 teeth chews up ur food like a shredders hence, u gain the respect of ur superiors and ur colleagues love u more.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by omar22(m): 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2010
I have 33 teeths nd currently one is growing! I think am abnormal?

Are you sure your not related to JAWS?

Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by SCYLLA: 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2010
funkybaby why you dey make the guy fear now? I had the same ordeal as you, two down and two to go. I am patiently waiting for that one to grow grin grin grin who says taking out teeth is painful? its the sweetest feeling in the world when the gum is empty just before it closes up, dem tell me not to suck am but I no dey hear that one oh grin grin grin
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by v3: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2010
I understand where you're coming from.
My sister had the same problem ONLY in her case,twas 32. It really did cause her sleepless nights and we paid dearly for it by losing sleep.
There's this clinic she went to, i think it's around Aguda. . been a while i been in that area.

Just man up and go remove the tooth before it causes something else
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by Travelista(f): 10:38pm On Jun 07, 2010
omar22:

Are you sure your not related to JAWS?

Oh, my goodness if you don't stop! grin grin grin I was wondering about people with their 30+ teeth; I mean, really? I have 28 after getting 4 wisdom teeth extracted. According to my ortho, that's normal if I wanted to avoid an overcrowded mouth after braces. But, 33-34 teeth? Wow, I can't even imagine, bro.
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2010
why are you phephle comphlaining  about the dentists? their advice is the koko, the PERMANENT solution is to remove the tooth/teeth. wells me i can do it at a discount with my small power drill and digger/shovel. or even the PUNSH-EH option too

just close eye do am ehn, e nor go kill you! grin grin grin
then maybe i should recommend the magic formula my grandma always recommends for teeth issues, its called AKOKORO IJEBU grin grin grin grin grin

infact na ebano. e dey cure toothache, cavity, molar pain, mouth sore, toothsore, weak gums, swollen gums, etc etc grin grin even leg pain, stomach pain, headache, HIV, std, ssce, oversized belle etc etc etc

grab your copy NOOOOOWWWWWWW!!! in your nearest oshodi/ketu/iyana ipaja/olodi apapa buses and molues (BRT not compatible o) cool cool
Re: Help! 33 Teeth And Counting by netotse(m): 11:14pm On Jun 07, 2010
y'all should read the wiki articles. . .it's not er'time you should remove the tooth, a couple of years ago i had problems with my third wisdom tooth and i

went to the dentists(this one was at the civil service secretariat sha. . .really efficient ppl) and they just cleaned it and said i should chill to see

whether it will correct itself as it grows, and funnily enough it did. Now the fourth(and hopefully final grin) one is coming out and is giving me wahala but

there's no way in hell i'm going to rush and remove it until it's fully done!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of The BEAST That Brought Ebola To Nigeria / Free Dental Advice / Free Consultation On Your Dental Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.