Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

How Can I Call It Off - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Call It Off (1385 Views)

I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? / Must I Call Her Every Day To Prove That I Love Her? / Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Call It Off by neyo7: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2007
it's a relatonship of 3 years, she has done no wrong,but i just dont feel love again, not that i am seeing anyone , but i can't stand her again, she is possesive and nags. my excuse can be flimsy but i don't feel anything again don't know how to call it off - eye to eye, text message, letter etc without raising so much dust
Re: How Can I Call It Off by cuteass1(f): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2007
@ neyo7

an eye to eye contact will be a very good idea. You see what people fail to understand is that eye-contact solves half the problem wink it makes the person know you don't take them for granted, and that you at-least care about their feelings

text is something you resolve to in the absence of the person's presence.

call her, sit her down and with all the love you once felt for her and all the sincerity in you, break down the news to her. Let her see the sadness in your eyes, the fact that you're not doing this intentionally to break her heart, its just that your love has failed the relationship. let her know that in as much as you would love to try, we/you do control our/your feelings.

I promise you that she'll be hurt, devastated, upset, shocked, even mad, remember you did break her heart, so its only natural for her to feel those things.

What you owe her is to be patient with her, be there for her and always remind her that you'll like to be there for her.

you guys can either end up being friends or not, but at-least you won't be bearing grudges for each other, just a broken relationship cry.

one thing is sure, you'll both come over it and move on with each your lives, embracing what life has for you in future cheesy
Re: How Can I Call It Off by ima1(f): 12:13am On Mar 24, 2007
this is one of the reasons why i would not stay with a guy for that long if he hasn't mentioned anything about a future with me, in my own opinion as a woman, 6 months is way too much time to spend with a guy who just wants to use you for sex, if you don't see a future with me, you are out the door, im looking to settle down with someone and not date them.

but anyway you both should sit and talk about it
Re: How Can I Call It Off by Radiant(f): 12:59am On Mar 24, 2007
neyo7:

it's a relatonship of 3 years, she has done no wrong,but i just don't feel love again, not that i am seeing anyone , but i can't stand her again, she is possesive and nags.

Been there before and I dumped him fast. Once you start feeling bored around that person, it's almost impossible to rekindle the fire. Shitty!
Re: How Can I Call It Off by LoverBwoy(m): 2:52am On Mar 24, 2007
You dont know what you have . . . .

tell her shes too possesive and you cant stand her nagging anymore wink
Re: How Can I Call It Off by mohawkchic(f): 3:49am On Mar 24, 2007
i guess u asking how to call it off,makes it absolutely clear u aint willin to give it another go,but i wondered if your g/f is aware she's driven you to this point of breakin up with her,if she isnt,it'll be helpful to her if she's aware she's got these issues when u ave that all important "am dumpin u" chat ! sometimes women do tend to nag/be possessive without realisin how much of a strain they'll puttin on the relationship,so naturally as a woman,am thinkin i'd hate for her to go into another relationship without knowin these two factors , i wudnt want to b in her shoes  cry, but anyways no point in u been unhappy,there's a very thin line between love n hate,so i guess its best ure thinkin of callin it off now! my curious mind also wonders if u still love her but feel ure NOT in love with her anymore because of ur reasons stated dunno y am psychoanalysin ur simple question but hey, good luck findin a chic who doesnt nag  grin just kiddin  cheesy
Re: How Can I Call It Off by bethsy: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2009
just call her talk it over with her i believe it is the best way but when going wear a bullet proof
Re: How Can I Call It Off by IykeD(m): 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2009
Tell her friend to tell her or drop it as a song for her, are you not Neyo?
Re: How Can I Call It Off by bestmind(f): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2009
@ poster,
you are not really serious. This is how you guys often go about deceiving ladies in the name of 'i love you'.
After getting all what you had wanted, the girl will become nothing before you and even your friend.
Be careful. How can you call it off for good three year.
Are you a tester?
Re: How Can I Call It Off by argent(f): 6:01pm On Jan 06, 2009
The best thing is to call her and let her know that you no longer have feelings for her. That way you will be saving yourselves a lot of trouble.
Re: How Can I Call It Off by Vonny: 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2009
Neyo,

Don't walk away yet. Talk to her about it. Tell her you can't stand the fact that she's possessive and nags, and as a result her behavior is pushing you away. She'll listen.
Re: How Can I Call It Off by yicob(m): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2009
Get a new chic, go to the former's house,

stay at the door with your newly found love . . . . . .giving her a romantic kiss.

surely the nagging girl would come out and she immediately knows its all over.

tongue
Re: How Can I Call It Off by sexyLeamon(f): 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2009
you are going to break another woman heart, sorry I can not tell you how to tongue
Re: How Can I Call It Off by sistawoman: 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2009
Make sure you tell her face to face. And be prepared to give examples of what she did wrong.

Please tell her the truth, it will help in her next relationship.

sexyLeamon:

you are going to break another woman heart, sorry I can not tell you how to tongue

Do you really want him to keep wasting her time if he no longer loves her? He can break up with her now, she can heal her heart and fall in love with man that ment for her, rasie some beautiful babies, have lots of sucess and happiness with someone who heart flutters for her.

I think that is far better than just being with some guy who is not going marry you and does not love you anymore.
Re: How Can I Call It Off by sexyLeamon(f): 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2009
sistawoman:

Do you really want him to keep wasting her time if he no longer loves her? He can break up with her now, she can heal her heart and fall in love with man that ment for her, rasie some beautiful babies, have lots of sucess and happiness with someone who heart flutters for her.

I think that is far better than just being with some guy who is not going marry you and does not love you anymore.
well I do not see a good enough reason why he want to break up. I think he's just bored with his relationship at the moment. instead of me telling him to break up with her, I had Rather tell him to try and work harder on it.Relationships take a lot of work. at the beginning just the way you have hard love and passion to win over your love, you need the same passion to keep your love. but honestly if nothing is working out, them both can go their own way

but what sort of lame excuse is this? undecided
neyo7:

it's a relatonship of 3 years, she has done no wrong,but i just don't feel love again,
Re: How Can I Call It Off by Czarskit(m): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2009
I feel u Dude!
Guess she's done sumtin which u can't spit out for d world,
Like other posters stated, just tell her "face 2 face", she deserves that respect @ least.
There ain't never a right time nor way to say goodbye though, undecided
Re: How Can I Call It Off by sistawoman: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2009
@sexy,

I agree that his excuse is lame. But I think if he can dump her over something so lame she is better off in the end anyway. This guy would prob. cheat on his wife because she gained a few pounds after giving birth to his child.
Re: How Can I Call It Off by sexyLeamon(f): 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2009
true

(1) (Reply)

Want A Nigerian Man Abroad Ready For Marriage / I Love Him,but: ? / When Ur Babe Slap U What Will U Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.