Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,159 members, 7,880,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:04 PM

A World Without Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A World Without Football (295 Views)

My 1.3 Billion Odds For Matches To Be Played All Over The World Without Forcasti / Chelsea Sign New Striker At A World Record Fee Of €256m / Harry Kane May Have To Leave Tottenham To Become A World Class Player Says Nevil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A World Without Football by haywhybamz(m): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2018
A world without football?

I have read many football stories but the story of romelu lukaku is one that is so inspiring. just yesterday after few days of procrastination, i decided to read the story and I had tears in my eyes. reading the story, I could picture how lukaku lived when he was growing up and how he's living now. so, I decided to share this little piece with this question.

How would the world be without football??

when questions like this comes up, we are quick to picture a life of luxury, the transfer record fee of neymar to PSG or the wages of Alexis Sanchez when he moved to Manchester united but No, football is not like that, football goes way beyond the luxurious life, the fleet of cars you post on social media and so on, it's all about putting smile to the faces of people with your display. I once read Luka modric story on how he lived during the war in Croatia and then I ask myself again 'will modric and other super stars who had humble beginnings be known without football?"

so then what is football?

To me, football is one of God's greatest gift to humanity, football has lifted many families, football has brought many individuals together, football has brought many out of the slumps, football has removed potentials from the street, football has given hope of a better tomorrow for many individuals. FOOTBALL goes way beyond shouting Chelsea, arsenal, Liverpool, Barcelona, real Madrid and the likes, football is an avenue to bring us together as one body. I remember I was speaking to a friend of mine sometimes ago on why I love football and she said 'How funny football Is actually a game of emotions , football can make strangers be close during a bus ride, football aid normal conversation it more than just a game it more than the fans it more than the rivals football is a very unique game that brings nations together. Now I understand why you like football',
I laughed and said "So glad you now understand what football preaches. You see strangers become friends when they talk football, and the viewing centres are always filled to brim when a game is going on.. football is a universal language.. it unites us as a nation". this is football, despite the purported religious war or tribal war going on in the country. when it's football, you see everyone come together forgetting our differences.

some might argue that is football not just a game? a game where 22 grown up men run after one tiny leather thing and guys will shout offside, goalkick and after 90 minutes you will say Nigeria has won. well this was my thought also many years ago but here's my response
"Well I don't understand why people say football is just a game. This is more than just a game, this is football it brings out the passion, action and the emotions in you. Just like life, football isn't a straight journey you lose some, you draw some and you loose some but at the end the way you respond to this things is what you are"

what about football and other things like music?

well as I've said earlier football is a universal language that is easily understood by anyone and everyone. even the great reggae legend BOB MARLEY once said
' football is a whole skill to itself, a whole World. A whole universe to itself. me love it because you have to be skillful to play it. freedom freedom freedom'.
this quote from Bob Marley shows that football is way beyond or not in any way associated with violence only those who try to being the game into disrepute engage in such.
imagine the messi, Ronaldo, neymar, hazard, bale , iniesta we all see today. not forgetting the great Pele, Diego maradona not forgetting our very own Jay Jay okocha, kanu nnwankwo we all saw play. what would or where would they have achieved without football?

definitely a world Without football is a world that would be without form and void.

OKERINDE TIMOTHY AYOBAMI

(1) (Reply)

full warning!!! The Brazilian National team currently in Russia -by Christmasdon / West Ham Sign Andriy Yarmolenko From Borussia Dortmund / I Regret Having Sacrificed Everything - Ex Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.