Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,774 members, 7,875,931 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:51 AM

Eagles’ Ikeme Beats Cancer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles’ Ikeme Beats Cancer (309 Views)

"I Have A Year Or Less To Live": Sven-Goran Eriksson Diagnosed Of Cancer / Carl Ikeme's Cancer In Remission (Photo) / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles’ Ikeme Beats Cancer by LORDofODDS(m): 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2018
Carl Ikeme, who is the first choice goalkeeper of the Super Eagles on Saturday revealed that his cancer is in “ complete remission .”

Ikeme shared the news on his Twitter handle , writing; “After a year of intense chemotherapy I would like to share that I am in complete REMISSION .”

He added , “ I still have hurdles to pass to be cured, but hopefully I can move on with some normality ! I would like to thank everyone for there support over the past year . Thank you #Grateful ”

Carl Ikeme @Carl_Ikeme After a year of intense chemotherapy I would like share that I am in complete REMISSION. I still ha hurdles to pass to be cured,but hopefully I can on with some normality! I would like to thank everyone for there support over the past year. Th you #Grateful

Ikeme had been battling leukaemia.

The 32- year- old Wolverhampton Wanderers keeper was the national team ’ s first- choice and has been named as an unregistered ’24 th member ’ of the Nigeria World Cup squad after he was unable to be chosen because of his cancer treatment.

Ahead of the Group D game on Friday , Iceland players sent their best wishes to Ikeme , with Ikeme’s name imprinted on the number 1 jersey of Iceland.

Nigeria won the game, 2: 0, thanks to Ahmed Musa, who scored both goals .

cc:lalasticlala cc:seun

Re: Eagles’ Ikeme Beats Cancer by puyol005(m): 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
God Is great. More good news to hit the eagles camp.

1 Like

Re: Eagles’ Ikeme Beats Cancer by Treasure17(m): 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
This is a good news. Double blessing for Nigeria this week.

1 Like

Re: Eagles’ Ikeme Beats Cancer by Mutemenot(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2018
Your healings shall be permanent .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Angry Nigerians Storms Cuneytcakiro Instagram Page(ngaarg Referee) With Curses. / Focus On A First Class Montessori Institution – Arit Private School / Carl Ikeme Makes First Public Appearance Since Diagnosed With Leukemia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.