Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,921 members, 7,966,427 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 02:22 PM

Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 (20773 Views)

Nigeria Vs Colombia: FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup. Semi Finals (5 - 6) On Pens / Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 / Poland Vs Nigeria: International Friendly 0 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by PureMe01: 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
hulk616:
the rating is not fraud. It all depends on the teams you beat and trophies won. Germany won the world cup and confederation cup and got to the final of the Olympics beating teams like Brazil, France etc. Portugal won euro 2016 having the same point index as the world cup. Also beating big team too.
That means for Nigeria or any country to improve their ranks they need to play friendlies with big teams beat them and win trophies
funny enough u ve just named countries dat deserve their places including their trophies and achievements so far...but u said NOTHING about my worry which is Poland.so u actually saying Poland deserves no place within the ranks of 20th position at all... the word overrated is an understatement to the case of Poland.

1 Like

Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
PureMe01:
funny enough u ve just named countries dat deserve their places including their trophies and achievements so far...but u said NOTHING about my worry which is Poland.so u actually saying Poland deserves no place in within the ranks of 20th position at all.
the rating is done every month. Go and check Poland's friendlies, qualifiers and the teams they beat.
Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by Goldmaxx(f): 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
Krissjones:
That FIFA ranking has been shît for sometime now another team that dosent deserve their ranking is Portugal I have no idea how they're ranked 4th
mumu...you no even ask how Switzerland is better than France..na Portugal you go rush see
Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
PureMe01:
funny enough u ve just named countries dat deserve their places including their trophies and achievements so far...but u said NOTHING about my worry which is Poland.so u actually saying Poland deserves no place within the ranks of 20th position at all... the word overrated is an understatement to the case of Poland.
The basic logic of these calculations is simple: any team that does well in world football wins points which enable it to climb the world ranking.

A team’s total number of points over a four-year period is determined by adding:

The average number of points gained from matches during the past 12 months; and
The average number of points gained from matches older than 12 months (depreciates yearly).
Calculation of points for a single match

The number of points that can be won in a match depends on the following factors:

Was the match won or drawn? (M)
How important was the match (ranging from a friendly match to a FIFA World Cup™ match)? (I)How strong was the opposing team in terms of ranking position and the confederation to which they belong? (T and C)
These factors are brought together in the following formula to ascertain the total number of points (P):

P = M x I x T x C

The following criteria apply to the calculation of points:

M: Points for match result

Teams gain 3 points for a victory, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a defeat. In a penalty shoot-out, the winning team gains 2 points and the losing team gains 1 point.

I: Importance of match

Friendly match (including small competitions): I = 1.0

FIFA World Cup™ qualifier or confederation-level qualifier: I = 2.5

Confederation-level final competition or FIFA Confederations Cup: I = 3.0

FIFA World Cup™ final competition: I = 4.0

T: Strength of opposing team

The strength of the opponents is based on the formula: 200 – the ranking position of the opponents. As an exception to this formula, the team at the top of the ranking is always assigned the value 200 and the teams ranked 150th and below are assigned a minimum value of 50. The ranking position is taken from the opponents’ ranking in the most recently published FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.

C: Strength of confederation

When calculating matches between teams from different confederations, the mean value of the confederations to which the two competing teams belong is used. The strength of a confederation is calculated on the basis of the number of victories by that confederation at the last three FIFA World Cup™ competitions (see following page). Their values are as follows:

CONMEBOL 1.00
UEFA 0.99
AFC/CAF/OFC/CONCACAF 0.85

2 Likes

Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
God2man:
The Polish team is perhaps the highest ranking team without a win yet at the world cup.
What manner of Fifa ranking?
This team has no game plan to win any game.
Too bad.

Kudos must be giving to the Colombia, they deserve to win. Cudrado was a marathoner, always moving back to defend. What a player!
He worked hard to score the goal.

Senegalese need to watch out for Cudrado, James, Falcao and mani if they want to progress to the last sixteen.

You nailed it. I have a feeling Columbia will win against Senegal, they have good techniques combined with strenght than Senegal who rely mainly on strength.
Japan actually draw the match with Senegal not because they are that good but with good techniques
Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by jagorinho: 9:56pm On Jun 24, 2018
hulk616:
the rating is not fraud. It all depends on the teams you beat and trophies won. Germany won the world cup and confederation cup and got to the final of the Olympics beating teams like Brazil, France etc. Portugal won euro 2016 having the same point index as the world cup. Also beating big team too.
That means for Nigeria or any country to improve their ranks they need to play friendlies with big teams beat them and win trophies
please can you just stop here, which trophy has poland won to justify that 8th position, you were talking of friendlies, they lost to a lacklustre super eagles at their backyard less than 6 months ago,since then i have been on their neck, they only get to win all those extremely weak teams like san marino,gilbraltar, estonia etc in qualifiers with high margin , this is the result of their last 4 friendlies...poland 0 vs nigeria 1, poland 3 vs south korea 2, poland 2 vs chile 2, poland 4 vs lithuania 0. Now tell me what is convincing about their results that warranted an 8th place in fifa ranking, no matter what if a team ranked 48 (nigeria) and 26 ( senegal) can conveniently beat a team ranked 8th in less than 3 months interval, then the system used for the ranking is flawed.

1 Like

Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by kongolo(m): 9:56pm On Jun 24, 2018
Abdstrakt:
Colombia vs Senegal is looking to be an interesting game. Odds on Senegal to win is 4.45 on betway. Very enticing
Baba,don't waste your money on Senegal o.They will surely lose to Colombia because their defence is shit_.They will even lose heavily sef
Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by peterphd(m): 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Horus:
Colombia 1

Racists 0

Dude,how are they racist? Because they're all white? Senegal must be racist then too huh?

1 Like

Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by Horus(m): 12:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by sprints1: 1:13am On Jun 25, 2018
I feel James Rodriguez perfect position is a free roaming winger he does a lot of damages from the wings his left foot is very dangerous especially crossing and deft flicks....they need to engage falcao on the flanks and he is the only who crosses the ball with accuracy he is wasted behind the striker Quintero should be playing behind falcao as for they will ruin Senegal... am not having any cash 2mao becos stupid Senegal failed to beat a weak Japanese side because they were afraid to attack after scoring a goal...like the great Arsene Wenger once said "a one goal lead is like sitting on an electric bench"......
Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by femi4: 5:55am On Jun 25, 2018
Krissjones:
That FIFA ranking has been shît for sometime now another team that dosent deserve their ranking is Portugal I have no idea how they're ranked 4th
Portugal is European Champion. Their ranking is understandable but Poland have no biz even in top 20
Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by femi4: 6:02am On Jun 25, 2018
stephleena:
cheesy, the guy on dread, deserves the goal. he has been so good and instrumental.
3-0
Juan Cuadrado, former Chelsea player. Now a property of Juventus.
Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by educhigo: 6:59am On Jun 25, 2018
i dont see senegal wining this colombia team
Re: Poland Vs Colombia: World Cup, (0 - 3) On 24th June 2018 by TheCongo2: 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2018
educhigo:
i dont see senegal wining this colombia team

This is soccer match and not math
Math is rational. A soccer match may not be rational.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Balogun Voted Man Of The Match In Rangers Win Over Celtic / It’s Sad My Mother Couldn’t Witness My Glorious Moments In Super Eagles — Akpeyi / EPL Round-up: Iheanacho Scores First Premier League Goal In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.