Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,695 members, 7,918,179 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 02:15 AM

How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. (3606 Views)

Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? / How Lucrative Is Dog Business. / Doing Dog Business To Raise Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by BroFisjosh123: 12:03am On Jun 24, 2018
Evening pet gurus I actually need help on how to start a profitable dog business & I would really appreciate it if you guys can be my coach & mentor!

I look forward to hear from you guys please I need advice before I start please...
Thanks & God bless

My WhatsApp contact is 09093299949...
Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by tballeyy(m): 12:17am On Jun 24, 2018
Meet Calabar people
Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by BroFisjosh123: 12:28am On Jun 24, 2018
Am being serious dude & I really mean business please!
Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by nickyvil: 5:07am On Jun 24, 2018
Are u in lagos? If you are .. Drop your contact
Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by frowland(m): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2018
BroFisjosh123:
Evening pet gurus I actually need help on how to start a profitable dog business & I would really appreciate it if you guys can be my coach & mentor!

I look forward to hear from you guys please I need advice before I start please...
Thanks & God bless

My WhatsApp contact is 09093299949...

Depends on your budget mate.
Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by davillian(m): 9:57am On Jun 24, 2018
Hmmmm.
Do you want to breed dogs if yes
There are lots of questions you should ask yourself.
1)do you love dogs
2)do you have the time
3)do you have space and resources
4)have you read articles Concerning the breed of your choice.
5)have you study the market.
6)do you have the heart to handle the death of your dog.
The few I can mention.
My advice get just one female dog and see how it goes first

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by Cynophilepetts(m): 10:07am On Jun 24, 2018
Good,bUt firsT you havE to understand that business is a risk we embark on for very little or average profit.
Note:Dog breeDIng isnt really a business So to say,even though have seen people make a whole lot of money in a litter,but does it really sum up to the upkeep,stress and casualties they see yearly in it,bReeding is only profitable if you have passion for it,pray and work so hard dOing things rightly,but even at the end,dogs can be very disappointing atimes,you might have casualties,kennel accident,flea and tick infestAtion,feeding,health even ur own stress,and at the end a dog u feel u will make profit on just drop very smaLl size of litter and only one survived,am just saying,a lot of issues/challenges is faced with breeding.you must be ready to face it.
But then you can sell dog items and maKe a Business out of it,sell dog foods,materials like different cOllars and chaing,dog training materials and toy,then we can call that a business,even dog training is not a business so to say,the only business i think exist is selling dog food aNd materials.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by Namdeenero(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2018
Dog breeding entails more than just mating dogs of different sex to sell off the puppies and make profit. To become a real breeder you have to have to aquire vast knowledge on the desired breed and dogs in general, you have to know basic breed standards so as not to go contrary to breed specifications. Many good breeders in the world today didn't just acquire this knowledge in a day, most of them took 10 years and even more. They work hard to maintain and even improve breed standards.

Secondly, the passion has to be there. Can you be able to afford medical bills, feeding and other financial needs of your dogs, can you be able to handle social needs and physical needs??

Finally, study the breed of your choice very well then get one, I suggest you go for a pedigree dog, will be expensive but at least you will have the Zeal to provide basic needs and also learn more. Teach you dog and also learn from it, then when you're ready you breed with an equally pedigree male. Don't forget to keep reading broad about your desired breed.. Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
Are u ready to pack Dog Shit? I mean Dog pupuuuu

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by saintkeppy(m): 4:35am On Jun 25, 2018
grin
Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by debolasam: 8:52am On Jun 25, 2018
It a very good business depends on the type of breed you wanna get and the rite people to put you thur it .just like when I started in 2oolevel I never had to call home for money again whatapp me if you ready to work 08106884330
Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by Mckandre(m): 9:13am On Jun 26, 2018
dog business is a win win venture coupled with some challenges that can make u wanna give up but if u wish to go into this business, their re key things to consider before u venture into it.
the number one rule is;
-u must have an affinity love for dogs irrespective of the breed.

-u must ve a steady source of income(don't depend on savings alone) to enable u to maintain and care for them.

-don't go into it with the mindset of making money otherwise u will get frustrated.

-start with high quality stock(pure breeds) people love what they see.

-start with breeds that's on demand, make researches around ur area, find out what particular dog breeds people really fancy.eg seek for top quality or a pedigree German shepherd, Rottweiler if ur pocket says its ok.

-affordability is another key in this business ; not because u bought ur dog 1million should give u the reason to sell the pups 1million. mind u that u ve competition in this arena, if u sell ur pups in an exorbitant manner customers will run from u.

with that being said, hope u make ur choice wisely.

Give your kennel business a name and we will help you bring it to life with the help of creativity and robust graphics channeled to give brands a revitalized and catchy look to remember. 0. 7. 0. 6. 7. 4. 7. 6. 3. 2. 8 @lickedmedia

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by Tiwi17(m): 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2018
Lot's been said, my 2 cents : Get a MENTOR , not just any, some1 already making the result you truly desire and with loads of experiences . It ll make your process faster n easier .....

Knowledge is vital in any business. D more you know the easier it ll be... Even with mentors u ll still make mistakes but it ll be minimal....

And another thing is Patience (TIME) , every good thing takes time.... Dont Rush into it. Take your time, till you have Clarity of what it takes, the good, the bad n d ugly.

You also need to ask yourself, Why dog breeding "business " ? u must have VISION (my pple pérish .......),what do you want to achieve thru ur breeding program ? What are your goals ? This is what ll keep you going in rough times n guide u..might sound funny but to Last long n b signifiant, u ll need à mission statement, Aim , objectives, Just like every top business... Ur drive might be d Guap ( money ) or Passion....

There are loads of breeders out der that are mediocre at best "no offense "if you wan make good money ,Stand out by making QUALITY your PRIORITY . As long as Wat u have stands out, d money will chase u,look at breeders like dr Titi (HIS), Mr osaze (Sublime) , Kimix, Daffy dogs,Bsquarekennel n co..

And lastly MONEY, lot of breeders Got great plans but are handicapped by funds..DONT BUY WHAT YOU CAN'T FEED. if u have the funds buy the best of the best even if it's just A dog.like i bliv ône excellent dog is worth thousands of médiocre dogs.Truth be Told QUALITY dogs are expensive, n U v 2 b willing to take "calculated" risks..v lost à lot of good dogs still if i v d funds i dont care how much à dog costs.What you Sow is what you Reap,its as simple as that .

And bliv in urself ,because others failed doesnt mean u ll also (HEAD DIFFERENT),God on ur side u can accomplish anything even in a short time.Start SMALL, Set ur goals right n neva stop learning so u can keep improving and growing .

N rmb there's also à business aspect to dog breeding. : Marketing, branding, Customer service, ur packaging also matter à lot..its à Big business just like any other... Wish u Best. I'm no expert, im à learner myself..God's Blessings... Peace ...

NOTEsad there are Ebooks online abt breeding Dat ld help u more, Google is your friend *wink*)... Adios

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Start A Profitable Dog Business In Nigeria As A Beginner. by SamBalo08935: 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2023
Tiwi17:
Lot's been said, my 2 cents : Get a MENTOR , not just any, some1 already making the result you truly desire and with loads of experiences . It ll make your process faster n easier .....

Knowledge is vital in any business. D more you know the easier it ll be... Even with mentors u ll still make mistakes but it ll be minimal....

And another thing is Patience (TIME) , every good thing takes time.... Dont Rush into it. Take your time, till you have Clarity of what it takes, the good, the bad n d ugly.

You also need to ask yourself, Why dog breeding "business " ? u must have VISION (my pple pérish .......),what do you want to achieve thru ur breeding program ? What are your goals ? This is what ll keep you going in rough times n guide u..might sound funny but to Last long n b signifiant, u ll need à mission statement, Aim , objectives, Just like every top business... Ur drive might be d Guap ( money ) or Passion....

There are loads of breeders out der that are mediocre at best "no offense "if you wan make good money ,Stand out by making QUALITY your PRIORITY . As long as Wat u have stands out, d money will chase u,look at breeders like dr Titi (HIS), Mr osaze (Sublime) , Kimix, Daffy dogs,Bsquarekennel n co..

And lastly MONEY, lot of breeders Got great plans but are handicapped by funds..DONT BUY WHAT YOU CAN'T FEED. if u have the funds buy the best of the best even if it's just A dog.like i bliv ône excellent dog is worth thousands of médiocre dogs.Truth be Told QUALITY dogs are expensive, n U v 2 b willing to take "calculated" risks..v lost à lot of good dogs still if i v d funds i dont care how much à dog costs.What you Sow is what you Reap,its as simple as that .

And bliv in urself ,because others failed doesnt mean u ll also (HEAD DIFFERENT),God on ur side u can accomplish anything even in a short time.Start SMALL, Set ur goals right n neva stop learning so u can keep improving and growing .

N rmb there's also à business aspect to dog breeding. : Marketing, branding, Customer service, ur packaging also matter à lot..its à Big business just like any other... Wish u Best. I'm no expert, im à learner myself..God's Blessings... Peace ...

NOTEsad there are Ebooks online abt breeding Dat ld help u more, Google is your friend *wink*)... Adios
Thank you for this. More wisdom. if you're into it I don't mind since hints from you sir.
My number is 09068165839 (WhatsApp)
Once again, thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Boerboel Pups Are Available For New Homes / Boerboel Puppies For Sale 65k / Puppy Boerboel For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.