Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,077 members, 7,970,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:14 AM

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria (18352 Views)

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / The Truth About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by almondjoy(f): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2007
You cannot smoke at work or in most restaurants. cool

Loud Nigerians with 3 or more cell phones cannot continue their yahoo vocab in restaurants disturbing people with their stupid conversations at the top of their local voices with thick accents. angry
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by awonboiz: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2007
You cannot kill squirrell for road and carry home go chop grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by anusule(m): 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2007
You cannot hang onto the doors of the bus when the bus is filled up.
You cannot buy Indecency if you are underaged.lol
You have to (must) queue up to pay for goods in a shop.
You cannot rush gragra to enter bus, you must queue.
You cannot jump the traffic light.
You cannot overspeed
You cannot stop buses anywhere, you must trek to bus stop by force.
You cannot 'bribe' to enter University or even College
There's no epa sise here(cooked groundnut).
You cannot buy anything in a hold-up or go-slow as nobody sells anything.
You have to seek permission to expand your building.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by SweetT1: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2007
@awon boiz

Very funny. You know few years back, a Camerounian was arrested for killing one of those squirrels that freely roams about. He was charged with animal cruelty. So many Oyinbos testified against him !!!
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by SweetT1: 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2007
You can't even hand a policeman a $20 bill when he pulls you over for speeding. They call that one bribery, IMAGINE !!!
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by omoge(f): 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2007
Sweet T, lol grin

the squirrel here surprise me grin. they are so bold too. the deers hop all around with Freedom. The pepeye too they just slowly walk pass your car and you stop grin

a classmate from Tanzania always talk abt the free meat oyinbos are missing grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by SweetT1: 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2007
@Omoge

The more you run away from them, the more they run towards you. I think to myself sometimes that if the oraisa boys grab hold of you bastards, you will see the bottom of a rugged cookin pot ! grin

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by awonboiz: 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2007
@Omoge and Sweet T

grin grin grin

NA SO WE C AM O
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by tipsy289(m): 8:45am On Jan 28, 2008
hmnnnn living here, different seasons can be good and bad too.some cold days but what the hell there is snowboarding e.t.c
emmm yes i noticed here u cant just pop into someone's house without letting them know ur comin, its not like naija,many people always came to our place.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Panache(m): 12:57am On Feb 04, 2008
Help is not easily available.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by prince84(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2008
u will have to wear like 3 shirts b4 living your house grin grin

u will have to pay all your bills ie gas,water, power,them plenty, if not them go take am away.

u cannot play very loud music if not your neighbour go call ascari for you.

wen in the train or bus u no fit talk to loud

u can jump cue.

infact nobody send you sef, if u no hol money u are finnished grin grin grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by buzzgonz(m): 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2008
Too many disadvantage my brother!
The most painful thing is that "you can't get the real naija food,like correct pounded yam with Okro Soup/Egusi"  embarassed
you can't sheet for bush  grin like the way we use to do in naija sheet use plantain leaf/paper take clean yansh,
if you are cut "jail straight" and again you  can't pisse anyway, if you try am "them go cut your thing"  cheesy
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by PrincessMo(f): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2008
I agree about the food! cry
But things like using a helmet, respecting the
speed limit, queuing up, etc, that's wut makes
everything orderly and good for everyone!
I wish naija cud be like that sumtimes. *sniff*
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by debosky(m): 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2008
you can't buy ewa agoyin (local beans) for breakfast

you can't insult people freely, you need to be 'politically correct'

you need to pay heating bills for a part of the year, and need different clothes for different seasons
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2008
disadvantages,is that there are some african foodstuffs i need that i have not seen here
no 2.what ever i buy from any african shop is not always fresh
no.3 i cannot find ugwu and nchanwu(scentleaf)here
no3.d ukazi leafs are not fresh
no.4.i can't find dano milk here
no.5.making hair here is very expensive
no.6.meat is very expensive here
no7.no boli and groundnut to buy here
no8.u cant prepare d real oha soup here

i could go on and on and on
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by PrincessMo(f): 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2008
jennykadry:

disadvantages,is that there are some african foodstuffs i need that i have not seen here
no 2.what ever i buy from any african shop is not always fresh
no.3 i cannot find ugwu and nchanwu(scentleaf)here
no3.d ukazi leafs are not fresh
no.4.i can't find dano milk here
no.5.making hair here is very expensive
no.6.meat is very expensive here
no7.no boli and groundnut to buy here
no8.u can prepare d real oha soup here

i could go on and on and on

DAMN GURL!! U hit the nail on the head. . .
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2008
DAMN GURL!! You hit the nail on the head. .

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2008
my list continues

-u cant speak pigeon english to d whites,because they wont understand u
-u cant find obioma here incase ur trouser/skirts zips get spoilt and u want to change ur zip
-u cant find aboki shoe makers,incase ur shoes cuts and u need to re-saw it
-u cant find palm wine here to drink once in a while
-the only meat i see here is shaki and others but no roundabout(and we all know roundabout is d main thing)
-i cant buy life chicken here to atleast eat something fresh
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by PrincessMo(f): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2008
ROFLMAO at roundabout!!
EWO!! lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2008
@princessmo

u dey laf, undecided undecided no round about for here naaaaa,sometimes na him we dey see chicken nyash ,and chicken nyash na another sweet part of meat naaa,even to buy goat head na wahala,no correct palm oil here,person no dey see fan-yogo ice cream,no gala for here,my list many naa
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by HRhotness(f): 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ LoverBwoy

your neighbours call the police when you beat your kids with hammer 

@ post

~ working like a beast of burden all month, dreaming about your fat pay check but on receiving your pay slip a large chunk has been taken out as taxes

~ u can't ask for favours from people not related to u

~ the bureaucracy involved in getting anything done

~ clubs aren't open all night

~ the sun comes out only about 1 wk in the entire yr

~ no bikes, so if u're late take a taxi or run like mad

~ its unforgivable to be late

~ it costs an arm and a leg to get your hair professionally done

~ white men are all uncircumcised

~ the doctors are clueless about malaria and tropical illnesses

~ your skin dries out like mad

~ u can't just hug people u don't knw really well

~ the beer is too light

~ all shops (except grocery stores) close at six

~ if u get a flat or breakdown, cute guys don't stop and offer to help, u have to call AAA and pay for it

~ the smiles are fake

~ there are no mallams at the end of the street

~ u can't buy single sticks of gays, u hav 2 buy a pack

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 29, 2008
in nigeria if you're hungry,u can buy and cook in d hold-up,because them dey sell evrything for hold up,but here nothing like that

no otapiapia here to kill small small rats and cockroaches
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by ztyle(m): 12:25am On Apr 30, 2008
no otapiapia here to kill small small rats and cockroaches
Bush girl, na only this one u sabi . . .lol grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 30, 2008
Bush girl, na only this one u sabi . . .lol grin

come were dis one degenerate from anytime u don go smoke dat thing na for my body u dey get power abi,infact na u i suppose give dat otapiapia make u go back to ur creator(devil)
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by bimpe001(f): 12:37am On Apr 30, 2008
there are just so many disadvantages of living abroad as to living in Nigeria,one, people abroad still expct things to be the same way or terrible when they get back but the truth is that sometimes its not like that.You'll be suprised at the changes u'll see when u go back home,with people and the environment and in most cases,its a good change.
 And you can't just get to do all your razz matazz abroad that makes one feel like a local champion without them looking at u like u are mad or something.Talk about buying fresh veggies,its out of it,if u dnt get to the store,u aint getting nothin.You can't get to sit outside in the balcony and be saying hai to everyone passing and like someone said,the smiles u get are so fake, but its something.
 I miss the buka food,amala especially, like i tell my friends,there is no place like home but we wouldnt have been able to appreciate those little things without missing them.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 30, 2008
the igbo's will say e be nmadu no,ebee ola noro na gwu ya-meaning where person dey,where him no dey,dey hungry am

when i dey naija abroad abroad abroad na him be national anthem ,now i come abroad,i no see mama ghana small restaurant for here,no suga cane for here,no mango tree to climb and pluck fruit,no agbalumo (udara or cherry) to eat,no liki liki to leak,no ogi(pap),no correct ekpa(groundnut)

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by tRoOE(f): 3:03am On Apr 30, 2008
All the foods here are agric

No type of enjoyment, their club closes by 2am angry angry

I miss my friends

You can't give people beat down they deserves, without the pop pop arresting you

Different clothing for all 3 seasons

Can't play loud music especially when you are having party, might get fine

Too many bills to pay

People rarely offer you help

Unnecessary charges from the bank

Identity theft

Naija is just the right place to be kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23am On May 02, 2008
no guguru ati ekpa here,only popcorn,long hissssssssssssssssssssssssssss

no kuli-kuli to chop hiaaaa another long hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

no no correct suya like d ones d mallams prepare in naija wt original pepper ,but here everything is mixed, the longest hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by algood(f): 1:37am On May 02, 2008
1.obeying traffic rules or else u get ticket
2. no one way traffic
3. no molue and omo oni danfo
4. no agbero
5.no nigeria food
6. no suya,road side hawkers
7. no blocking of street for party.
8. no tax
9. long hr traffic on third mainland bridge and agege motor road.

enough
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 03, 2008
no agbero on d street to collect owo weekend and owo week day(meaning chop money)

no conductors here

u cannot steal in any shop here unless they will catch u grin grin grin grin grin

u cannot speak pidgeon english here wt d whites

if u go clubbing no good dancers except d blacks,the whites dance like ewu nmeee,they dance wt one leg and hip up and d other down,and they will start saluting like mumu
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by TheSly: 10:42pm On May 03, 2008
Abeg Gimme a Break!!!!
I can list 1mill disadvantages of living in Nigeria as well
Thats how it is errwhere. . . .deal with it! cool
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by LadyT(f): 10:45pm On May 03, 2008
Im going to deal with you Sly!!! Ashewo!

angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Traffic Officer Helps A Motorist Push His Faulty Bus In Onitsha (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Sympathises With Victims Of Ikeja Train, BRT Accident / Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.