Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,605 members, 7,905,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:56 AM

Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? (13175 Views)

What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? / Is It Just My Family That Is Dysfunctional Or Every Other Families Are Like That / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
donb06:
definitely not ur bizz until you become a victim of one of these children raised this way.... then YOUR GOD will remind when u said its non of ur BIZZ

LOL
Re: Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
dosh16:

I don't think you actually read through the lines op drew critically. "Personal Responsibility!" That was his strong word. He did not make mention of NGO's. Think about it, if each of us decided to be responsible, for our decisions, our action and the care of those under our wings, we would be heading somewhere.

Just for note, there are so many NGO's right now but they don't really make positive changes. I believe -just like the op- in personal development, it will lead us well.
Thanks OP for bringing this topic up, it is the begining of responsibility indeed.

Thanks.

Thank you for your kind words
Re: Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? by Blonchilli(m): 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
alignacademy:

Isn't it possible to work with some who are already working along these lines?
Don't really have an idea of who work these lines or such organization
Re: Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 05, 2018
Blonchilli:

Don't really have an idea of who work these lines or such organization

Thanks again for the feedback

Can I be real with you?

A recent personal tragedy made me re-think how I see things.

There is a saying that when they are carrying another person's corpse, it's like they are carrying firewood.

I've never been this close to a corpse, of someone I know. Stiff. Gone forever.

Why am I saying all this?

I believe too many times we don't value the TIME we have now.

It's so easy to keep pushing away things to some "perfect" time in the future, when there'll be enough resources to do what we want.

But what do we do with the only time we really have: NOW!

Back to you...

Sometime in the near past, I would have gladly bought your NGO idea...and then get into the rut of having to worry about not having enough resources...and then start complaining about what isn't working...and so on.

...When all I could have done is focus on what I can do NOW with what I have.

When I watched that documentary, I simply posted on Nairaland. And I felt taking personal responsibility for our lives could help us make the world a better place.

At least if anything happened to me and I am no more, the message would be out there (as long as Seun and co keep the servers up)

Is posting on Nairaland the answer to dysfunctional families? Who knows? One thing I'm grateful for is the flow of ideas on this thread from people smarter than me.

Thanks again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Govt. Sets Up Family Court To Tackle Alleged Child Witchcraft / Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? / How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.